• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Trying to "save" MCGamer.

I...

• Enjoy 1.8

Votes: 32 32.3%
  • Dont enjoy 1.8

Votes: 9 9.1%
  • Want 1.7 back, whatever it takes

Votes: 58 58.6%

• Total voters

MaximMine

Platinum
Reaction score
Hello tributes! (starting official so it looks proffesional)

I don't really play MCGamer anymore because of the fact that it is 1.8.
1.8 is the worst update from Minecraft, when I'm saying this, im talking PvP whise.
The Staff does not play alot of MCSG or other Gamemodes. What they do is their job, Moderating, Being on Teamspeak trying to help people out, But I think that MCGamer needs to listen a bit more to their community, because we used to be such a great community!
And 1.8 just ruined everything.

While playing on 1.8:
Huge lag spikes while pvping.
Clicking speed doesn't matter anymore.
Skill does not matter anymore.

And Yes, I do know that this will probaly get denied and you might think "No.. Not another thread like this." But I've been here for a long, long time. I was here when you were able to sponsor potions. And that's a long time, I've always loved playing on here, and that was why I bought myself platinum aswel.

I think that MCGamer should actually try and get back to 1.7
I don't think that anyone would be against that, I really think that players would start enjoying MCGamer again. I made a Poll above this thread where you can vote if you; Enjoy 1.8, Don't enjoy 1.8 but still play, want 1.7 and I'll start playing again.

I think that it will take some time to go back to 1.7, and I think that we will not care how long it takes, because the most of us (About 90%) want MCGamer back as how it used to be. I also think that we will all wait for the time that MCGamer needs to get back to 1.7 and that we all would appreciate it very much.

Thanks for reading this thread, And I hope that it was worth making this thread, Please take some time to vote on the poll above if you haven't already.

Greetings,

MaximMine

Edit: Why don't we make the server 1.8 and 1.7 ? I think that this would be an great solution for everyone, just like other servers, im not going to name them out because that will probaly be advertising, but they are 1.8 and 1.7, which gives players a great solution to choose if they want to play on 1.8 to get more FPS, or whether they want to play on 1.7 so they will not get those lag spikes.

Last edited:

SuperMCSam

Career
Reaction score
To be honest, the staff do a lot. Without what they did, almost all of the community would have quit. I feel that 1.8 is pretty bad, but I have gotten used to it. They do listen to the community. I just hope that people can see how much they do, and instead of complaining, do something that actually helps Chad and the staff team out.

Mantyy

Experienced
Reaction score
I agree with everything you said. There is no skill in 1.8 so is no fun left. I only play this server for clan battles.
EDIT: wtf there is two votes for enjoying 1.8. People are so bad.. There was skill before. And now people just abuse that weird reach. Gotta send this to all the good pvpers left in this community..

Zinke

Quantum
Reaction score
To be honest, the staff do a lot. Without what they did, almost all of the community would have quit. I feel that 1.8 is pretty bad, but I have gotten used to it. They do listen to the community. I just hope that people can see how much they do, and instead of complaining, do something that actually helps Chad and the staff team out.
SuperMCSam, I understand that you (staff) take some effort in to this but you guys or Chad do this to get the money and if you change it back to 1.7 I think you will get quiet alot of income. ;P

croe97

District 13
Reaction score
It seems that most people are unhappy with the 1.8 update due to its large impact on PvP. As far as I'm aware, it's practically impossible to convert the entire network back to 1.7. Therefore, exploring other possibilities remains as the only applicable option. With that being said, I'm interested in people's opinions regarding an alternative which may be possible to implement. If we were able to modify the PvP mechanics of MCGamer to replicate 1.7, would you support this change?

Last edited:

OhFancy

District 13
Reaction score
It seems that most people are unhappy with the 1.8 update due to its large impact on PvP. As far as I'm aware, it's practically impossible to switch back to 1.7. Therefore, exploring other possibilities remains as the only applicable option. With that being said, I'm interesting in people's opinions regarding an alternative which may be possible to implement. If we were able to modify the PvP mechanics of MCGamer to replicate 1.7, would you support this change?
As much as I support your idea with the PvP side, I think the other attribute to user(s) 'hate of 1.8' is the FPS issue, lag spikes etc. How would we fix this problem? Replicating PvP to 1.7 would be amazing though!

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
As much as I support your idea with the PvP side, I think the other attribute to user(s) 'hate of 1.8' is the FPS issue, lag spikes etc. How would we fix this problem? Replicating PvP to 1.7 would be amazing though!
Unfortunately, that's a problem we can't fix until 1.9 or another version. Personally, I don't lag any less or any more than I did with 1.7 and I think that some of it has to do with the computers you are using. Besides that, just using 1.7 PvP mechanics on MCGamer would be sufficient enough to get people back on the network after quitting due to 1.8.

This is the 2nd thread in the last 24 hours I've done this with: Thank you! You didn't harass staff, you didn't include flame or vulgarity, and you presented reasonable reasons for your argument. This is how to do it! <3

Vanicle | Vanessa

District 13
Reaction score
I don't think it's fair to say that the staff don't play the game when the number 1 position at the moment is a Sr. Mod ;)

Also, I completely agree with you for wishing that we could get some aspects of 1.7 PvP back. Honestly, I play a lot more now than I did before and there are things that I definitely don't think I noticed as much in 1.7 such as extended reach and how easy it is to get comboed.

As croe already stated, from what I've been told it's impossible to revert back to 1.7. That's why I'm hoping that 1.9 is the answer for many of us. Trust us though, it's not because our staff "ISN'T LISTENING TO ANY OF THE COMMUNITY OMG".

Last edited:

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
What exactly were the changes that make it terrible? I can't really tell, I do just about as well as I always do and nothing seems very different. I still get beat down by people better than me.

VapzehHD

Tribute
Reaction score
Hello tributes! (starting official so it looks proffesional)

I don't really play MCGamer anymore because of the fact that it is 1.8.
1.8 is the worst update from Minecraft, when I'm saying this, im talking PvP whise.
The Staff does not play alot of MCSG or other Gamemodes. What they do is their job, Moderating, Being on Teamspeak trying to help people out, But I think that MCGamer needs to listen a bit more to their community, because we used to be such a great community!
And 1.8 just ruined everything.

While playing on 1.8:
Huge lag spikes while pvping.
Clicking speed doesn't matter anymore.
Skill does not matter anymore.

And Yes, I do know that this will probaly get denied and you might think "No.. Not another thread like this." But I've been here for a long, long time. I was here when you were able to sponsor potions. And that's a long time, I've always loved playing on here, and that was why I bought myself platinum aswel.

I think that MCGamer should actually try and get back to 1.7
I don't think that anyone would be against that, I really think that players would start enjoying MCGamer again. I made a Poll above this thread where you can vote if you; Enjoy 1.8, Don't enjoy 1.8 but still play, want 1.7 and I'll start playing again.

I think that it will take some time to go back to 1.7, and I think that we will not care how long it takes, because the most of us (About 90%) want MCGamer back as how it used to be. I also think that we will all wait for the time that MCGamer needs to get back to 1.7 and that we all would appreciate it very much.

Thanks for reading this thread, And I hope that it was worth making this thread, Please take some time to vote on the poll above if you haven't already.

Greetings,

MaximMine
I thinks this is a great idea and the developer's and Chad need to agree

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci