• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SURVIVAL GAMES Thorndon Valley - Great Lake | SG

Would you like to see this map on MC Gamer?

• Total voters

Flawless

Platinum
Reaction score
You will need to remove any of the 1.8 blocks, otherwise it will not be playable, and Mcsg do use the spigot protocol hack as well, so a few changes are needed

Flawless

Platinum
Reaction score
otherwise it looks like a pretty good map - good job! (lol you've done better than I ever could)

FusionDeck

Career
Reaction score
otherwise it looks like a pretty good map - good job! (lol you've done better than I ever could)
Please don't double post. And MCG will be changing to a full 1.8 version of Spigot in the future, they have to update at some point.

HaydenDoesPvP

Survivor
Reaction score
I like the concept. I think you could just do a little bit more pazaz as in detail on the crain, and a few building, and maybe spawn, didn't get an amazing look at it though. Overall, I like the map, I hope It gets accepted! (I vote Yes :D)

FusionDeck

Career
Reaction score
Updated the brand new corn with a few minor changes to improve gameplay.

Cullimore

Diamond
Reaction score
Here is my feedback, yes after some changes.
First off, the terrain looks a little bit choppy. (No offense to those whom did it) I would suggest using a plugin called "VoxelSniper" this will smooth-in out your terrain so it is easier to run/climb.
Terrain - It looks rather flat for such a big map, maybe add a few more bumps/hill variation. The map won't be as interesting as it would with a few more hills. Being so flat you can see everything and will not have a place to take cover and hide. It also makes the outside of spawn look very bland.
Trees - I noticed how many normal notch oak trees there are. Not saying that this isn't okay, but maybe replace some of these trees with more landmarks and buildings. Also for your god trees select them and use the command //replace 17 17:12
this will turn the oak logs into 6 sided ones which doesn't show the ugly chopped wood side. ;)
Final tip - Don't use the grey stained glass. This darkens the entire map and will be dark for the players who use moody brightness. Just use normal glass! But this is my preference and all of the tips/thoughts mentioned above are mine. And not others so who's to judge? Anyway, good luck with your map and I hope these tips helped!

FusionDeck

Career
Reaction score
Here is my feedback, yes after some changes.
First off, the terrain looks a little bit choppy. (No offense to those whom did it) I would suggest using a plugin called "VoxelSniper" this will smooth-in out your terrain so it is easier to run/climb.
Terrain - It looks rather flat for such a big map, maybe add a few more bumps/hill variation. The map won't be as interesting as it would with a few more hills. Being so flat you can see everything and will not have a place to take cover and hide. It also makes the outside of spawn look very bland.
Trees - I noticed how many normal notch oak trees there are. Not saying that this isn't okay, but maybe replace some of these trees with more landmarks and buildings. Also for your god trees select them and use the command //replace 17 17:12
this will turn the oak logs into 6 sided ones which doesn't show the ugly chopped wood side. ;)
Final tip - Don't use the grey stained glass. This darkens the entire map and will be dark for the players who use moody brightness. Just use normal glass! But this is my preference and all of the tips/thoughts mentioned above are mine. And not others so who's to judge? Anyway, good luck with your map and I hope these tips helped!
We already used Voxel sniper for the terrain, but I thankmyou for your opinion, I will be flattening out some of the terrain later on. Also going to be replacing the regular oak trees with custom ones with some terrain adjustments. As for the six sided logs, if you look at real trees with buttress style roots, they have edges facing out. But if it is 6 sided logs you want, then I will give it to you.

EDIT: How else would I have done the terrain? World edit is basically horrible for terrain.

Azorces

Career
Reaction score
Here are some things I recommend you change for your map to have the possibility of be accepted.
  • That bridge near what I think is a building site needs to be changed the stained glass is honestly ugly
  • All of your structures are squares or rectangles you need to design structures with other shapes so your map flows
  • Also the map doesn't exactly seem to be a valley it's more of a hilly plain so you might either want to change the name or adjust your terrain.
  • I must also say you need to have natural looking trees so in other words custom trees which are very important to any map
  • Also it doesn't make any sense why there is a bridge crossing a building site on a flat plain
  • The rain station is flat and bland add some dimension to your build
  • Now I just said a lot of things that I think you should change based on my experience in building maps, I'm not hating on your map I'm giving you criticism based on how your map looks ATM. You also can not follow my suggestions but your map. It might have a really low chance at making it. Good luck and farewell!

FusionDeck

Career
Reaction score
Here are some things I recommend you change for your map to have the possibility of be accepted.
  • That bridge near what I think is a building site needs to be changed the stained glass is honestly ugly
  • All of your structures are squares or rectangles you need to design structures with other shapes so your map flows
  • Also the map doesn't exactly seem to be a valley it's more of a hilly plain so you might either want to change the name or adjust your terrain.
  • I must also say you need to have natural looking trees so in other words custom trees which are very important to any map
  • Also it doesn't make any sense why there is a bridge crossing a building site on a flat plain
  • The rain station is flat and bland add some dimension to your build
  • Now I just said a lot of things that I think you should change based on my experience in building maps, I'm not hating on your map I'm giving you criticism based on how your map looks ATM. You also can not follow my suggestions but your map. It might have a really low chance at making it. Good luck and farewell!
Thanks for your thoughts! We are currently removing all the default trees and adding more custom variants.

I LOVE IT! :D
Thank you!

Hect0rg

Platinum
Reaction score
Definit yes from me. The story line makes my CRAVE to play it, the builds look great and the terraforming looks great. Can't wait till this map gets accepted to play on it! Good luck guys

FusionDeck

Career
Reaction score
Major changes in this update! Read the change log (17/01/15) for a fill list! Custom trees, more builds, chests, terrain & more!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci