• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Toggle Sneak Debate and Why it Should be Allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolarEclipse

Diamond
Reaction score
Everyone still uses this mod so why not just allow it mcsg? I mean it's just like gamma. Every other server allows it but not mcsg

NovaKaine

Career
Reaction score
some people
Sorry, I'm new to the whole ToggleSneak concept. I'm not really getting the differences between 1.7 Sprint Button + this mod.

not to mention the way this is argued out. If they were exactly the same, there'd be no need for ToggleSprint.

SolarEclipse

Diamond
Reaction score
Sorry, I'm new to the whole ToggleSneak concept. I'm not really getting the differences between 1.7 Sprint Button + this mod.

not to mention the way this is argued out. If they were exactly the same, there'd be no need for ToggleSprint.
And they hire mods who don't know what toggle sneak is...
SMH

J

District 13
Reaction score
Well....

Back in 2012/2013, players would often complain about others using BSM and it was way more noticeable back then. They would always complain when they die thinking the other one uses BSM or something along that mod.

Now....well, there's really no way to tell. 1.7 + Sprint and ToggleSneak are almost unidentifiable. I bet that some players I die to actually do use that and I just can't tell. That's how much of a difference there is now, almost zero. It may give you that extra reach over to another number but do remember that most players have gaming mouses meaning there are side buttons that you can bind those too as well as different areas of the keyboard as well.

I don't necessarily use this mod, and I bet a lot of people don't as well, that goes the same for any mod including optifine. While a majority of players may use it, not all of them. There is always going to be a disadvantage, even in the slightest way possible, whether it's from your ping or to the extent of FPS your PC can run on Minecraft, to Armor HUD, to Optifine, etc.

In my opinion, I feel as if this mod shouldn't be allowed back in 2012/2013, but with 1.7, maybe it's time for that rule to change.

SolarEclipse

Diamond
Reaction score
Well....

Back in 2012/2013, players would often complain about others using BSM and it was way more noticeable back then. They would always complain when they die thinking the other one uses BSM or something along that mod.

Now....well, there's really no way to tell. 1.7 + Sprint and ToggleSneak are almost unidentifiable. I bet that some players I die to actually do use that and I just can't tell. That's how much of a difference there is now, almost zero. It may give you that extra reach over to another number but do remember that most players have gaming mouses meaning there are side buttons that you can bind those too as well as different areas of the keyboard as well.

I don't necessarily use this mod, and I bet a lot of people don't as well, that goes the same for any mod including optifine. While a majority of players may use it, not all of them. There is always going to be a disadvantage, even in the slightest way possible, whether it's from your ping or to the extent of FPS your PC can run on Minecraft, to Armor HUD, to Optifine, etc.

In my opinion, I feel as if this mod shouldn't be allowed back in 2012/2013, but with 1.7, maybe it's time for that rule to change.
Like half of kohi players use it and a good amount of badlion players use it. Now those players that also play MCSG most likely use it even though it's against the rules. No one will notice unless u record urself with the icon shown..

iRocki

Career
Reaction score
It'd gives you an unfair advantage just because it's one less button for players to press. I have used it on potion pvp servers and it does give you an advantage.

Ceraron

Platinum
Reaction score
No its dude wtf... Its going to mess up the zed chase, so it's really important not to do allow that mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci