• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Toggle Sneak Debate and Why it Should be Allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
The advantage you are arguing with is completely invalid. Someone with extremely large hands will have the same "advantage" that you are bringing up. So what would we do then? Ban all players with large hands? Of course not, that would be silly. The "advantage" you brought up honestly surprised me, because I would not expect you to make such a useless remark. This mod also does not do the same thing that Better Sprint did, because it does not provide any sort of advantage over any player. Better sprint was used back on 1.6, when there was no sprint key. The reason Better Sprint was detectable is because your sprint would not stop when you would hit an entity, which was not possible without the use of the mod, giving the player using the mod a distinct advantage over all other players that had to double tap W. So Harris|DareDevilMan1 made a useless point as well.
Well, even if you might not agree with me, and not taking into account what size hands the user might be having. having to press a button to sprint VS not having to press a button to sprint is definitely a small advantage IMO.

Giggums

District 13
Reaction score
It isn't. You are interpreting it wrong. No server can tell the difference (in movement packets) between bsm and sprint key.
The point of the matter that I was making was that you have been kicked in the past, and probably still are, for using Better Sprint Mod.
Not true considering players can literally fly 50 blocks using flight. I really do want to argue with someone who is uneducated on this topic, so by all means, reply.
If your intent is only to flame and belittle others, then it will result in your inability to reply to this thread any longer. This can be talked about in civil discourse. As for the Anti-cheat system, it better at detecting certain things than others. I don't pretend to be an expert on it. The only ones that are are our Devs who coded the thing. Other than that, the knowledge I'm going on for my claim that users are kicked for detected use of BSM is that it appears on a player's record if it has happened before.

FrostySurge

Quantum
Reaction score
The point of the matter that I was making was that you have been kicked in the past, and probably still are, for using Better Sprint Mod.

If your intent is only to flame and belittle others, then it will result in your inability to reply to this thread any longer. This can be talked about in civil discourse. As for the Anti-cheat system, it better at detecting certain things than others. I don't pretend to be an expert on it. The only ones that are are our Devs who coded the thing. Other than that, the knowledge I'm going on for my claim that users are kicked for detected use of BSM is that it appears on a player's record if it has happened before.
If showing players that they're wrong on a certain topic is against the forum rules, by all means, forum ban me. I don't really care, I just find it odd that moderators make claims about MCSG's anti-cheat and have no experience with how it works or how it handles players/hackers.

Giggums

District 13
Reaction score
If showing players that they're wrong on a certain topic is against the forum rules, by all means, forum ban me. I don't really care, I just find it odd that moderators make claims about MCSG's anti-cheat and have no experience with how it works or how it handles players/hackers.
Disagreeing is perfectly fine. When it becomes malicious, it is not. Anyway, you're right. I am not well versed on this topic. We were not trained to be. Moderators are meant to enforce the rules of the server. We cannot change the rules and we are not expected to know every aspect of how the developers work. It is not a requirement of us to know how to code or every implementation that they make. We are not told as much as you may think. It is really left to the Administration team and the Developer team. Now, I believe it would be good to get this thread back on topic. If you would like to continue this discussion with me, you can do so privately where we are not taking up this thread.

Kevins

Spectator
Reaction score
Disagreeing is perfectly fine. When it becomes malicious, it is not. Anyway, you're right. I am not well versed on this topic. We were not trained to be. Moderators are meant to enforce the rules of the server. We cannot change the rules and we are not expected to know every aspect of how the developers work. It is not a requirement of us to know how to code or every implementation that they make. We are not told as much as you may think. It is really left to the Administration team and the Developer team. Now, I believe it would be good to get this thread back on topic. If you would like to continue this discussion with me, you can do so privately where we are not taking up this thread.
1. Flame is everywhere on the net, no avoidance of it.
2. If your not versed on the topic, why bother commenting about nothing you know about?
3. The dev team is really iffy from what I heard.
4. K

Arriex

Survivor
Reaction score
Well... It actually does give you an advantage... When you don't have to hold a button to sprint you got a wider range of other buttons to press
I bet most competitive MCSG Players always wanted this to be allowed. So if you do allow it, (not you in particular, the server) everyone will use it, and it will be fair in that way. Also, wider range to button pressing, thats a stupid reason for not allowing it.. not to be harsh or anything.

Evermore

Career
Reaction score
Giggums This server can detect BSM because the mod sends the server packets that say "this person is using BSM." Not many mods do this, and the mod in question is Togglesneak, not BSM, so anything relating to BSM is completely irrelevant to this discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci