• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Summer Update - 1.7, Refocusing, and More!

Birdling

Tribute
Reaction score
YES! :DDD
Alas 1.7! Now PvP will be based more off "skill" not face pounding combo's and unfair trades
>.< Amazing work ~

Reaction score
I don't understand why it was constantly said it will never go back to 1.7 and it was even said solo sg wouldn't ever happen because it will be too hard to moderate. Are you actually trying to listen to the community for once? Or you've came to the realization that if you give us what we want, you won't lose so many players. I can only wish you did things like this at an earlier date when a huge amount of players requested these features but it was constantly shut down. It would have been even better if the stats reset was if it had 1.7 and solo sg. I think it's all great features, but damn, way too late.
So you told them to listen to you and now your bashing them for not doing it when you asked them to? I'm not sure if your a only child, but it seems that way because you don't know what sharing and patience is. Like Vanicle | Vanessa and others have said, it's not always possible and managing 4-5 server boxes us hard when there's only 12 developers.

If I was you I'd stop being so negative and be grateful that what you wanted is now sitting in-front of you.

Reaction score
(Sorry for Double Post)

Amazing Update!
I think all of us needed patience and not totally freak out after the maintenance, because I definitely regret a lot of things I said about what seems to be amazing update now!

Can't wait for the map contests and a feature contest seems interesting but complicated.
My ideas are ready ;)

CAmadeusA

District 13
Reaction score
If they introduced a seperate leaderboard, that would be amazing. Shows people's real stats instead of their 5 team boosting stats :D
There is a high likely-hood that this may be the case, but nothing confirmed or deny'd.

So you told them to listen to you and now your bashing them for not doing it when you asked them to? I'm not sure if your a only child, but it seems that way because you don't know what sharing and patience is. Like Vanicle | Vanessa and others have said, it's not always possible and managing 4-5 server boxes us hard when there's only 12 developers.

If I was you I'd stop being so negative and be grateful that what you wanted is now sitting in-front of you.
Think more like 20ish boxes in the US alone.

AlpakaWhacker

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I don't understand why it was constantly said it will never go back to 1.7 and it was even said solo sg wouldn't ever happen because it will be too hard to moderate.
Solo SG was never off the cards, it's something that we've been considering for a very long time however going back to Devin's analogy about the spinning plates, we just couldn't really focus enough time on it however now with the fewer gamemodes to work on (for now) we can actually do it which like I said, we've been looking into doing for a very long time but it's not just a case of deciding to do it and implementing it the next day, you need to think of the logistics of such a thing, look at the rules and how they would need to be amended as well as a number of other factors (eg. development time, leaderboards, implementation etc etc). We've said at countless Q&A sessions on teamspeak over the past many months that it was something we were looking into and atleast during the ones I attended, it was never categorically shot down.

As for never going back to 1.7, well at the time of saying that it was our intention to not go back to 1.7 as going 1.8 only had a huge amount of benefits to it in terms of what we could do developer side and on the mapping side too however we value our communities input and opinions despite some people out there thinking that that isn't the case. It's easy to criticise as a player, in fact it's easy in almost every situation to criticise something, we as humans find it much easier to criticise that to complement but at the end of the day, if you don't try something (aka. just 1.8) then you'll never know and we took that chance.

For those saying that we should have done this change 3+ months ago, we'd only at that time been 1.8 only for a month and a bit and considering that time of the year tends to be a bit quieter than December (due to holidays), it's very difficult to Judge and make a decision on the limited statistics that we would be able to gather from that time frame. Now however with a longer period of time, we had a better idea of things and with alot more statistics over a longer period of time, we could make an informed decision on what should be done.

YES YES YES YES YESY YES I LOVE YOU BELCOME BACK 3K PLAYERS
We've been hitting over 3K players most days for the last 1 - 2 months atleast :p

Annnnnnddddd you removed sgc..which would've been fine if you updated it which it hasn't been since it came out
One of the reasons why SGC existed was because there was a small demand for it once the new (current) SG was released, so we brought it back in the form of SGC however people wanted it back because they enjoyed it at that time, even it's bugs but that also meant that by fixing or improving SGC, it would no longer be SGC, it would no longer be the experience that people had wanted it to be in the first place.

DarkEvil

Tribute
Reaction score
THE HYPE! I wonder how many people is going to come back to mcsg :3

Sawk

Diamond
Reaction score
GOD THANKS (it took you a while to realise how things goes like lol)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci