• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Stance of the 2016 Presidential Election

Status
Not open for further replies.

demonsushi

District 13
Reaction score
I have followed the presidential election closely over the past 15 months, pretty much since Jeb Bush announced he was running. I would be considered a Centralist, as I really have no political affiliation of any kind and choose a candidate rather than a political party. I had been a John Kasich supporter ever since Mid-August right up until he unfortunately dropped out. I liked him because I knew that he was a level-headed, experienced politician who had the understanding to tackle US debt while also making sure he was keeping us safe. He was willing to reach across the aisle and expanded Medicare in his state as well as leading Ohio to an economic boom. While these dreams are impossible as POTUS, I knew that 4 years with him would safe, comfortable and nothing radical.

What this political campaign as turned out to be is a huge left vs right fight unlike anything anyone has seen before. Donald Trump, in my opinion, has no right in the White House and the fact that people trust him gives the garbage he spews credibility where it isn't due. My father, who works in the finance industry and knows a lot about the economy, firmly believes a Trump presidency would effectively destroy the US economy. Many people do not know this, but in Trump's financial plan, in order to settle US debt, he plans to revalue US bonds and debt, essentially defaulting on trillions of dollars. These bonds and debt are the standard of trade around the world, considered the safest investment one could have. By devaluing them, not only do you hurt Americans (11 trillion dollars worth are owned by American citizens) you essentially throw the value of the US currency into turmoil. We all understand that what the US economy does, the world follows. America has too much influence for that much volatility to enter the marketplace. The myth that he is an economic genius simply because he has a lot of money is naive and ridiculous. On top of that, his plan to ban Muslims is ridiculous, his claims about Mexicans have no bases in facts and are actually opposite of what he claims and his rhetoric about the media and the internet is scary and goes almost entirely against the first amendment. His stance on the media is reminiscent of Hitler, and that is terrifying. I could never imagine Donald Trump's success, and the fact he is doing so well says a lot about the Republican base as well as the beliefs of middle-class Americans. It feels almost as if we are traveling back in time.

As for Hillary, I have a hugely negative opinion of her too. All the lying and unreliability makes me dislike her. However, her beliefs are predictable, her actions are not tumultous, and 4 years with her certainly will not make anything worse. I tentatively support her, at least in order to prevent a Trump presidency. In any other circumstance I would not want to see her as president.

To be honest there is no good option. Bernie seems like a good guy, but his policy seems financially unrealistic. Jill Stein is the same way. Gary Johnson ( the libertarian) doesn't have the face value nor do the American people care enough to give him a chance. If mainstream media got behind him, I think the American people would like his ideas. Sadly, the political system is so two-party and polar the success of a third party is hugely unrealistic.

To be honest I don't really know what to do. Hm.

alienmonster123

Spectator
Reaction score
Donald Trump:
Donald Trump honestly makes me ashamed to live in America. I honestly don't even know how he won the republican nomination. I certainly don't agree with Republicans views, but I would have MUCH preferred someone like Marco Rubio, I could deal with him. Trump is completely racist towards everyone except for whites, sexist as hell, and has no concept of foreign policy. He has mentioned before that if we build a wall, it will keep all the Mexicans out, because they have a wall in China and they don't have any problems with Mexicans. It's just mind-boggling how stupid this man is. What is a wall actually going to do? Absolutely nothing. There are millions of tunnels under the wall anyways, and plus, who's gonna grow all your food Mr. Trump? Don't even get me started on the ban of Muslims entering and leaving the U.S. I'm an Atheist, but I feel people should be allowed to believe in whatever they want. Radical Islam is COMPLETELY different then the Muslim religion.
Trump is a racist: give evidence to support your statement.

Trump is a sexist:
"Insults any male republican runner" *no one bats an eye*
"Insults a woman." *everybody loses their mind*

No concept of foreign policy: tfw he made a 40 minute video about foreign policy (
)

The wall: "He has mentioned before that if we build a wall, it will keep all the Mexicans out, because they have a wall in China and they don't have any problems with Mexicans."

The whole concept of the wall is to keep illegals out of this country. Mexicans can go to the USA, but they have to go through l-e-g-a-l-l-y.

"ho's gonna grow all your food Mr. Trump?" - maybe those who don't have a job due to illegal immigration and actually live in the country legally ? ? ? ? ? _ ? _? _? _ ? _ ? _?

"Don't even get me started on the ban of Muslims entering and leaving the U.S. I'm an Atheist, but I feel people should be allowed to believe in whatever they want. Radical Islam is COMPLETELY different then the Muslim religion." - Islam is Islam, there are different types of Muslims, but there is nothing called "Peaceful Islam" "Moderate Islam" or "Radical Islam", there's just Islam, it's like calling communism "peaceful/radical communism", it just sounds ridiculous.

idk why i even made this whole paragraph, but i have nothing to do atm so hf replying.

demonsushi

District 13
Reaction score
Trump is a racist: give evidence to support your statement.

Trump is a sexist:
"Insults any male republican runner" *no one bats an eye*
"Insults a woman." *everybody loses their mind*

Yes but women have faced injustice throughout all of history and there is still prejudice today. Notice how when trump speaks about women, it is never about their success, but about there physical appearance. Not calling him a sexist, just an interesting point. Also insulting a male republican, which you admit he has done, isn't right or presidential either.

No concept of foreign policy: tfw he made a 40 minute video about foreign policy (
)
I could talk about foreign policy for a day without knowing anything. People speak without knowing all the time. Don't confuse bravado with knowledge. Some of his foreign policy is downright scary, such as arming different countries with nuclear weapons, as well as defaulting on US debt.

The wall: "He has mentioned before that if we build a wall, it will keep all the Mexicans out, because they have a wall in China and they don't have any problems with Mexicans."

The whole concept of the wall is to keep illegals out of this country. Mexicans can go to the USA, but they have to go through l-e-g-a-l-l-y.

"ho's gonna grow all your food Mr. Trump?" - maybe those who don't have a job due to illegal immigration and actually live in the country legally ? ? ? ? ? _ ? _? _? _ ? _ ? _?
You are correct here, people should come to the US legally, but that's not as easy as it seems. This system favors rich people, and they don't need help. I can't really argue any of these points, technically its all right about this. However, I still think the wall is wrong, because I don't see a problem with these immigrants.

"Don't even get me started on the ban of Muslims entering and leaving the U.S. I'm an Atheist, but I feel people should be allowed to believe in whatever they want. Radical Islam is COMPLETELY different then the Muslim religion." - Islam is Islam, there are different types of Muslims, but there is nothing called "Peaceful Islam" "Moderate Islam" or "Radical Islam", there's just Islam, it's like calling communism "peaceful/radical communism", it just sounds ridiculous.
Except there is a huge difference. You have just defined less than .01 % of muslims believe this ideology with almost 1 billion people. That's like defining the Westboro Baptist Church and other churches like them like all Christians. That's just ignorant and silly, and you are wrong.

alienmonster123

Spectator
Reaction score

Yes but women have faced injustice throughout all of history and there is still prejudice today. Notice how when trump speaks about women, it is never about their success, but about there physical appearance. Not calling him a sexist, just an interesting point. Also insulting a male republican, which you admit he has done, isn't right or presidential either.

I could talk about foreign policy for a day without knowing anything. People speak without knowing all the time. Don't confuse bravado with knowledge. Some of his foreign policy is downright scary, such as arming different countries with nuclear weapons, as well as defaulting on US debt.

You are correct here, people should come to the US legally, but that's not as easy as it seems. This system favors rich people, and they don't need help. I can't really argue any of these points, technically its all right about this. However, I still think the wall is wrong, because I don't see a problem with these immigrants.

Except there is a huge difference. You have just defined less than .01 % of muslims believe this ideology with almost 1 billion people. That's like defining the Westboro Baptist Church and other churches like them like all Christians. That's just ignorant and silly, and you are wrong.

idk man i think its just a bit more than 0.01% of the muslims.

demonsushi

District 13
Reaction score

idk man i think its just a bit more than 0.01% of the muslims.
So they don't line up culturally with the west. Some people in the west believe homosexuality is wrong too. Also, in the bible it says stoning for adultery too. That doesn't make them wrong or terrorists.

alienmonster123

Spectator
Reaction score
So they don't line up culturally with the west. Some people in the west believe homosexuality is wrong too. Also, in the bible it says stoning for adultery too. That doesn't make them wrong or terrorists.
how many people in the western world believe in stoning gays and killing for leaving your religion?

having this many people with those type of views is not a joke, it's a serious matter.

demonsushi

District 13
Reaction score
how many people in the western world believe in stoning gays and killing for leaving your religion?

having this many people with those type of views is not a joke, it's a serious matter.
Both of those things are in the bible. While they aren't believed, you cannot fault people for beliefs that they grew up with and therefor hold dearly with them. I'm not saying they are right or wrong, but that to hate them for something they do not have control over is no ones fault. I do not believe hate solves anything. I say believe what you want. If you act on those beliefs, and kill someone, that is a crime, and you will be punished. Simple as that.

Philly67

Platinum
Reaction score

There were more than four times as many deadly shootings by toddlers than Islam terrorists in the USA last year. I suppose that means all toddlers are a threat as well?

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score

I feel bad after even reading your posts on this page.

Like... wow.

*applause*

I'm guessing you have, coincidentally, a very light skin color and very few friends of different ethnicity?
Oh, and you haven't been outside of your hometown in the past few years?

Just a few random guesses :^)

demonsushi

District 13
Reaction score
I feel bad after even reading your posts on this page.

Like... wow.

*applause*

I'm guessing you have, coincidentally, a very light skin color and very few friends of different ethnicity?
Oh, and you haven't been outside of your hometown in the past few years?

Just a few random guesses :^)
I've been battling this guy all over the forums for the last week on this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci