• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The so called 'Toggle Sprint' debate

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
Honestly I think it should be allowed.

The way I look at it, this gives no pvp advantage other than the fact that you don't have to push and hold a button the whole time you want to sprint. I'd say the benefits for optifine give WAY more of an advantage with zoom and fps improvements.

One big reason I want this allowed is simple, it puts people more on even grounds. I bet you would all be amazed how many people currently already use this, or use something extremely similar, such as a macro to sprint in the same way as toggle sprint. If anything, allowing this puts everyone on even grounds. It sucks holding a button for sprint while pvping, it really does.

Staff argues that it's not fair because not all people have the ability to download this client, so they will be at a disadvantage, well, that being said optifine should also be illegal cuz if you can't download toggle sprint, then you probably can't download optifine. Both are super simple to do.

Mods like BSM and toggle sprint/sneak became extremely outdated as far as being illegal clients when 1.7 came out. They don't give you any fighting advantage over someone who is holding the button for sprint down. It just makes it more comfortable for fighting, puts everyone on the same level, and is really just a convenience to anyone who uses it.

McGamer has done a great job lately allowing mods that were currently banned on the server, they need to add this one to that list. Don't let there be this huge issue over a client that gives minimal changes to what we already do. Focus on the hacks that people rage about in game.

Jazza

Experienced
Reaction score
Staff argues that it's not fair because not all people have the ability to download this client, so they will be at a disadvantage, well, that being said optifine should also be illegal cuz if you can't download toggle sprint, then you probably can't download optifine. Both are super simple to do.
If this is the case, you could inevitably and inarguably use every "allowed" modification as pure examples and simply state that although you may have a specific modification installed, your opponent on the other hand, might not.

Mqxxx

Tribute
Reaction score
Agreed

I was banned for one week for toggle sprint and I had no idea that it was bannable because well why would it be bannable I mean it just help you sprint?

Good thread man :)

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
If this is the case, you could inevitably and inarguably use every "allowed" modification as pure examples and simply state that although you may have a specific modification installed, your opponent on the other hand, might not.
lol well the way I see it, is either you clearly ban all mods that "everyone" can't install, because it is unfair to those who can't download them, because you can't be bias torwards certain mods. Or you allow mods that give basically no pvp advantages such as optifine, UHC essentials, toggle sprint/sneak and the majority of people will be on the same level as everyone else and kind of tough luck for those who can't download them. I don't see why this mod should be the one exception to the rule.(also not really sure how people CAN'T download a mod, takes 5 seconds, even my 10 fps laptop, I can download simple mods like this).

Not to mention, this mod is nearly impossible to know if someone has it unless people are stupid enough to record while using it or just don't know it's illegal. So anyone can really use this mod, along with macros that give you the same benefit, and get away with it every single time(unless our new no-cheat can detect it). This puts people who want to follow the rules and not risk a ban at a disadvantage. Allowing this mod gives everyone THE ABILITY to be on the same level as everyone else AND it gives no pvp advantages.

(not meant to be taking shots at staff, just stating facts based past actions)

Knowing McGamer tho, they are probably going to keep it illegal, along with BSM, find a way to ban for it with the new no-cheat, and people are going to get banned for using a client that really shouldn't be against our rules. Then later down the road they realize their mistakes like they did with gamma and essentials, but it'll be too late.

Last edited:

iRocki

Career
Reaction score
This is definitely debatable since so many people would like it to be allowed. You have a good point when you said that we should allow it because we allowed UHC essentials and increased gamma.

Lebron12

Quantum
Reaction score
This is a copy pasta from my reply to a previous thread

In my opinion is should be on the allowed mods list. This isn't because of other servers or players itself, but the mod hardly offers any advantage what so ever, in most situations it can be a detriment and cause players to play worse.
I say this because I use the mod on other servers where it is allowed, and have found from first hand experience that it can be an issue to the player itself.

Let's look at its sneaking ability. Sure, you can sneak while in a chest or while you type, but what advantage does this really give you? Literally none other than confusing other players. ToggleSneak as the sneak toggle itself also hinders a player as you cannot start sprinting until you disable sneaking first. It is because of this that people don't even use the sneak feature on the mod, because it can ruin their PvP and cause them to lose more frequently than not.

Now we look at the Sprint Toggle. The only advantage it offers, is to allow the player to be sprinting without touching or pressing their sprint key. As Girls said above, third party sources can do this without the mod being installed. Also, players can also just disable the HUD on ToggleSneak and no one would even know they were using it in the first place.

It is these reasons that I believe the mod should be allowed on these servers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci