• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The so called 'Toggle Sprint' debate

Stealthy

District 13
Reaction score
Hi
So what's up bros, I'm back with another thread
And guess what? This thread is about the so called debate about Toggle Sprint!
But before I get into the thread, staff team, please, don't take this as a 'flame' thread. I'm merely making it just to express my opinion about why it should be allowed.
So, let's get started.

First of all, what does it actually do?
By definition, Toggle Sprint allows you to sprint as long as you have mapped it to a specific key on your keyboard. It allows you to press your key once and then you will sprint without having to keep your finger on your specific sprint key. But, let's get things straight, this is NOT BSM, also known as, Better Sprint Mod. BSM is very similar to Toggle Sprint, but the difference is very small. BSM doesn't break your sprint if you hit a player, walk into a block, etc. With Toggle Sprint, you don't have to press your sprint key in order to sprint. You press it once, and you sprint automatically. But let's make it clear, Toggle Sprint DOES NOT break your sprint when you hit a player, it resets your sprint every single time.

Now that we've made clear what Toggle Sprint actually is, why should it be allowed?
First of all, this is not an advantage over other players, as our wonderful staff team implies to us, this mod is exactly the same as Optifine for example. If we were going to take it like this way, Optifine increases one's FPS drastically in some cases, and we could classify that as a PvP 'advantage', but it's still allowed, for what reason? I don't know. Now, returning to Toggle Sprint, it does not give you an advantage over your opponent, it just makes like so much easier by you not having to press your sprint key during a fight. And if the staff team hasn't realized yet, it's impossible to detect someone using Toggle Spring unless they record themselves using the actual mod, by going into the menu and clearly showing that its enabled. This went the same for increased gamma, UHC Essentials etc. They were pointless rules that just caused unnecessary flame in the community whilst they were so easy to bypass by the community members.
Now, returning to Optifine, the staff team is saying that Toggle Sprint isn't allowed because it gives an unfair advantage over their opponent that doesn't have the same mod, but at the same time, if you're using Optifine and your opponent isn't that should be taken as an unfair advantage as well because the person with Optifine might be running Minecraft at much higher FPS then the other person, so that would affect the way the fight occurs.

Now, I'll show you some video proof with toggle sneak enabled / not enabled.

Massive shoutut to ma boi Artic for helping me out with the making of the video !!!!! Liquescent

Reaction score
If this is the same as the MC Sprint key that you have to hold, but stops sprint every time you attack, fall into something etc. then it should be allowed.
I really don't see the reason why not.

But I also see a reason why not, because it really is simple to press the key to keep going without having to hold it.

Both sides have their reasons, but I would like to see some mods voicing their opinion and giving a reason as to why it's allowed, and the other mods that support this give a reason to why it should be allowed.

Ryan

Platinum
Reaction score
what you said about BSM is completely false. In multiplayer your sprint does break when you hit a player, block, etc. in fact BSM gives you a disadvantage to people with a sprint key. With BSM it will only start your sprint when you're on the ground, where with toggle sprint or the sprint key, you can start sprinting mid air.

Stealthy

District 13
Reaction score
what you said about BSM is completely false. In multiplayer your sprint does break when you hit a player, block, etc. in fact BSM gives you a disadvantage to people with a sprint key. With BSM it will only start your sprint when you're on the ground, where with toggle sprint or the sprint key, you can start sprinting mid air.
My bad then, I'll make sure to edit the thread when I have some spare time. But what you said about toggle sprint, that still shouldn't be a reason to just ban it

Ryan

Platinum
Reaction score
My bad then, I'll make sure to edit the thread when I have some spare time. But what you said about toggle sprint, that still shouldn't be a reason to just ban it
the reason it's banned (as far as I know) is because you can shift and open chat at the same time

Jazza

Experienced
Reaction score
Now, returning to Optifine, the staff team is saying that Toggle Sprint isn't allowed because it gives an unfair advantage over their opponent that doesn't have the same mod, but at the same time, if you're using Optifine and your opponent isn't that should be taken as an unfair advantage as well
If this is the case, you could inevitably and inarguably use every "allowed" modification as pure examples and simply state that although you may have a specific modification installed, your opponent on the other hand, might not.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci