• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The situation on "Admitting to hacks"

ImaDinosawRAWR

Platinum
Reaction score
I can't really see why you'd actually put in chat that you were hacking, joking or not. Maybe it's just me. Most people know it's against the rules and anyone can screenshot your messages and send it in, just don't bother joking about hacking and your problem is solved. :)

itsRusty

Spectator
Reaction score
I can't really see why you'd actually put in chat that you were hacking, joking or not. Maybe it's just me. Most people know it's against the rules and anyone can screenshot your messages and send it in, just don't bother joking about hacking and your problem is solved. :)
Some people may do it as a "smart" comment to get back at someone, like someone continuously calls them out for hacks over multiple games in their week, while I wasn't banned on MCGamer, I got called a hacker a few times and I felt like saying, "such big hacks aye", which would have been admitting to hacks, which would result in a ban.
Some people just joke around with their friends in clan wars.
It's usually just a joke, and I think MCGamer needs to make the punishment a bit less than what it already is, maybe actually letting the person know it's not best to joke about that sort of stuff as some people may take it as a real thing and use it against them.

Not sure, but it's just a strange thing to have because people will always joke about it

ZenosMC

Survivor
Reaction score
Whenever someone hackusates, I say one of these:

'k'
'alright bud'
'yeh leet hax'

Will that get me banned? ;-;

M3rsh

Experienced
Reaction score
I mean, this really shouldn't be an issue in the first place. If you have read the rules, and decide to blatantly disobey them, you deserve whatever punishment the staff team decides on. If you are simply ignorant to the rule, then, well, you should have read the rules. You are expected to read the rules before you get on the server for the first time, and the staff team will not be lenient on their punishments if you choose not to.
I was just about to write something like this. TL;DR: Read the rules and follow them, or you'll be punished.

IronOre12

Platinum
Reaction score
It's not quantum mechanics (because rocket science is too mainstream), just don't say "I hack" I don't . It really annoys me how people complain that they "Weren't hacking and could have been just joking". Even thinking in common sense, it what case is it beneficial to say that you "hack"? I personally think this situation has become a lot worse than before after the GoldEllipse incident. I don't know the full details, so I'm not going to start talking about stuff I'm not ready to back myself up on but ever since he got punished for saying "I use GoldEllipseHaxV3" people started freaking out. He broke the rules just like you did.

NuJaan

Diamond
Reaction score
The reason they have this rule in place is because there is no way to prove you are joking. I think the current punishment is fine.

Just don't joke that you hack. It's not that hard. :p

Slqme

Survivor
Reaction score
Thank you for all yours guys's imput! I have taken into account all the things you have said, and please keep in mind that I'm not complaining, just offering an alternative! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci