• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

"The Hell Games" - MCSG Community Map

Lechips11

Survivor
Reaction score
Hiya! First off, I want to point out that this map does look decent, and the structures are all well made. However, I have a few problems with this map. First off, the map, at least in my opinion, is quite boring. In other words, "same old, same old". It seems like you've created a map with no attempt to think outside the box, to be creative. All this map really is is a dense forest with some structures, something we've seen before, time and time again. For example, that windmill has been done many times before, it's nothing new. All in all, this map is aesthetically clean, but certainly not "fresh". Keep in mind that I have only seen the screenshots of the map, so I'll make a more detailed review of this map after I scan the whole of it. Just my two cents.

As a side note, I feel that the reason people are loving this map is potentially due to your reputation as well as the use of shaders ;)

hobo1955

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Hiya! First off, I want to point out that this map does look decent, and the structures are all well made. However, I have a few problems with this map. First off, the map, at least in my opinion, is quite boring. In other words, "same old, same old". It seems like you've created a map with no attempt to think outside the box, to be creative. All this map really is is a dense forest with some structures, something we've seen before, time and time again. For example, that windmill has been done many times before, it's nothing new. All in all, this map is aesthetically clean, but certainly not "fresh". Keep in mind that I have only seen the screenshots of the map, so I'll make a more detailed review of this map after I scan the whole of it. Just my two cents.
I completely agree. I always thought lost ridge was a bit generic , but this... Cumon you can think of something better! Still a very nice build.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
As a side note, I feel that the reason people are loving this map is potentially due to your reputation as well as the use of shaders ;)
In the future, please use the edit button to add on to previous posts :) Double posting is against the rules, so you have to avoid doing that. Thanks! :)

Joshkey

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Let me just add somthing to all the people that said this was plain. In my opinion this is plane map but you have to remeber like 4 or 5 t.e members worked on this. Its not one of our main maps and its just an altered map from the hell games event just remastered so that it can be played on mcsg.

Edog

Platinum
Reaction score
Let me just add somthing to all the people that said this was plain. In my opinion this is plane map but you have to remeber like 4 or 5 t.e members worked on this. Its not one of our main maps and its just an altered map from the hell games event just remastered so that it can be played on mcsg.
So.. even if they're are more deserving maps, this gets put in because it's a TE project?

Sneeze7

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Second and the fourth screenshots look amazing<3 Not fond over the terrain though.

Guinessis

Experienced
Reaction score
The number of builders shouldn't have any impact on whether the map is accepted, just the quality of the map itself. I can't comment on the quality of the build since there is no download, but the screenshots do look nice.

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
So.. even if they're are more deserving maps, this gets put in because it's a TE project?
Actually, if you remember back in the livestream of this map in the Hell Games, Chad said he would like to see it as an MCSG map.

Joshkey

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
And since chad ownes the t.e servers we build maps at chads request e.g the hell games map ;-)

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
What about the community? :(
The community has always been able to give input on the maps they like and don't like, but when have they ever been the ones to outright choose what maps go on the servers?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci