• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The donation system needs a revamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
Instead of lowering the price of the other ranks, I suggested raising the price of Platinum.

And that is why Chad doesn't let me make finance decisions.

CovenantChief

Experienced
Reaction score
Instead of lowering the price of the other ranks, I suggested raising the price of Platinum.

And that is why Chad doesn't let me make finance decisions.
Instead of raising the price over Platinum, remove the rank itself since it's completely pointless after a while, I don't stay in the hub because I want to use pets and fly around, I only ever stay in the hub if I want to go AFK or if I want to ask a mod to look for a hacker. I also don't fly around the lobby since the lobby itself is laggy enough as it is with all the fences.

If it sounded like I am raging then I am sorry, but I just look at this rank + the stats reset as if MCSG wants to just get money ._.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Instead of raising the price over Platinum, remove the rank itself since it's completely pointless after a while, I don't stay in the hub because I want to use pets and fly around, I only ever stay in the hub if I want to go AFK or if I want to ask a mod to look for a hacker. I also don't fly around the lobby since the lobby itself is laggy enough as it is with all the fences.

If it sounded like I am raging then I am sorry, but I just look at this rank + the stats reset as if MCSG wants to just get money ._.
Couldn't agree more. Platinum was just to make diamond donors pay another $25 so they could keep their number one priority that they thought they would get when they bought diamond.

Vinyl

Diamond
Reaction score
Yes, they want money. Literally everyone in the world wants money. It's not a crime, it's a way of earning revenue.

CovenantChief

Experienced
Reaction score
Yes, they want money. Literally everyone in the world wants money. It's not a crime, it's a way of earning revenue.
Earning money out of a rank that's useless and that you don't use a good 2/3 of it's perks? mkay.

Brandon6895

Platinum
Reaction score
I think $75 is a good price for lifetime donor just because of the sheer amount of time it covers. You can disguise, get priority access, and the like for a very cheap monthly price depending on how long you play for.

IMO platinum is useless. I find myself ONLY using the features of it when I realize I paid money for them and wonder "Why did I upgrade to this?"

Maybe that's just me. The first two have good prices, if they were any lower I don't think MCSG would be able to make enough money to keep all their networks and servers up.

The only thing I would say to do is just flat out remove platinum, I don't know why I'm so against it, just it was a waste of money for me. I got a kick out of flying for one day.. Then it got stale. I feel like a d-bag when I type in colored chat because it feels like I'm bragging about my rank, and same with pets.
Agreed, when I first got Platinum I flew a bunch, later got boring and I stopped using the fly feature because it's pretty pointless. Pets are pretty useless at the moment like you said, nobody really uses them except ride their horse for a tiny bit and then ditch it and go into a game, I honestly don't care about the pets. I only got it because extra votes and higher priority than Diamond which is not worth the 25 $ I paid to upgrade but I just had some extra money to spend.

I disagree with removing the Platinum Donor though, people will be outraged if they are ready to buy Platinum Donor and MCSG decides to remove it. People will be mad that the people who got Platinum Donor will be able to have it but those who don't, won't be able to.

CovenantChief

Experienced
Reaction score
It's the users choice to purchase the rank is it not?
If they want to still have the 1 priority they thought they had when they got Diamond Donor yeah, but I'm saying that the rank over is uselss.

JoelJCE

Career
Reaction score
MCGamer is a business. As such, my expectation is that the prices they charge for ranks and other features not only covers all their current costs, but also generates profit. Having a margin of profit is what stimulates the growth of this community; expansions can be made without creating a large deficit.

While these changes might make sense to you, they don't make sense from a company's financial standpoint; just the same way as lowering all iOS devices by 50% would make sense to a consumer, but would be destructive to the company as a whole. You have heard time and time again that servers are expensive. A lot of consideration has been put into the pricing of these ranks, SPECIFICALLY permanent ranks because they are only charged once, and after someone buys it they are unlikely to purchase anything else (you can consider that person's contributions done at that point; income then relies on new people entering the community).

While all of you may be quick to hop on the bandwagon and say, "Lower the prices!", may I remind you that MCGamer is not only still developing, but remains to be one of the cheapest Minecraft networks? In my personal opinion, the pricing is on par; $75 USD is a little more than the average price of a new Xbox One or PlayStation 4 game, and for that price you get to keep a rank forever in a community that will likely change far more than any console game ever will. For a $25 upgrade, you can get even more.

So it's painful to say, but I don't agree with any of your pricing suggestions. Not one. I DO agree that features may be lacking in certain areas, but ultimately the pricing should remain the same.

Last edited:

Gustyy

Platinum
Reaction score
Sorry , but the iron donator is still worth a lot. Even with the quick join. It is a lot funnier to join a server and not having to wait 2 minutes. That's why I think Iron donor is still the same, even though quickjoin exists. :)

Imanol

Diamond
Reaction score
I honestly agree with your statement, Diamond isn't worth $75 but if they lowered it to $50 it would be better.

Professor Nub

Platinum
Reaction score
donate
də(ʊ)ˈneɪt/
verb
  1. give (money or goods) for a good cause, for example to a charity.
    "the proceeds will be donated to an AIDS awareness charity"
    synonyms:give, give/make a donation of, make a gift of, contribute, make a contribution of, present, gift, subscribe, hand out, grant, bestow, pledge,put oneself down for, put up, come up with, accord; More
Key word being give for a good cause. Google doesn't think that you should get anything in return. MCSG gives us these perks because they're nice and they need to , but I really don't see the need to try to change the perks when you're (using synonyms now lol) gifting, handing out, granting, etc to MCSG when you click the "Donate" button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci