• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The donation system needs a revamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
One of the greatest threads I have ever seen surrounded by a huge opinion. Well done arsenalfcgunners this was a great thread and I can't agree with you anymore on this!

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I think $75 is a good price for lifetime donor just because of the sheer amount of time it covers. You can disguise, get priority access, and the like for a very cheap monthly price depending on how long you play for.

IMO platinum is useless. I find myself ONLY using the features of it when I realize I paid money for them and wonder "Why did I upgrade to this?"

Maybe that's just me. The first two have good prices, if they were any lower I don't think MCSG would be able to make enough money to keep all their networks and servers up.

The only thing I would say to do is just flat out remove platinum, I don't know why I'm so against it, just it was a waste of money for me. I got a kick out of flying for one day.. Then it got stale. I feel like a d-bag when I type in colored chat because it feels like I'm bragging about my rank, and same with pets.

GetRidaHim

Career
Reaction score
Ever since platinum was introduced the whole donation system was thrown off balance. In this thread I am going to analyze every rank and explain how it has changed recently. Please note I am writing this from the perspective of a US player, and how valuable being able to kick people is, may be different for other regions.

Iron ($10/month) - by far its biggest perk is that you can kick all regular tributes. This was its most valuable thing for a while, but recently with the increase in the number of servers, along with the quick join feature means there is no real difficulty joining a server without getting kicked. Therefore the only benefit is that you can just join a full server and you can find a lobby with less time remaining. Other than that, the other features for iron are pretty useless. 100 points is nothing, and two votes doesn't mean much with the raffle voting system.

Fix: I think Iron donors price should be lowered to $5 a month so you get more for what you pay for.

Gold ($25/ 3 months) - Gold is currently the step above iron. It can kick iron donors, and gets you 3 votes and 250 points. Why people don't always buy this instead of iron I don't know since it is cheaper, and gives you better priority. The purpose of it from a marketing POV is to get the player to spend more money, and commit for a longer time period. I think it is currently fine, but if the iron price was lowered I could see a few change that could make it even better.

Change 1: Change gold to $10 per month. All current perks stay the same. This would be a good step up from the very affordable iron donor.

Change 2: Keep it as it is.

Diamond ($75 for life) - This donor was a great purchase for what you got before the introduction of platinum donor. Since it's introduction diamond is a total rip off for what you get. Although its perks of 4 votes, priority over iron, and gold, and 500 points a month sound great, actually not really. The priority over the other ranks only matters on big events like livestream where all the players are a donor. The problem is there are so many platinum donors, there is a good chance you will get kicked. The other day kpwn243 announced that their would be a test game on US63 I think. All the diamond donors got kicked and the game was all platinum donors and other unkickable ranks. For me if you were going to buy a lifetime rank platinum is so worth the extra $25 since you can't get kicked by other donors, and you get cool stuff like pets and fly.

Fix: Make diamond donor only $50.

That is all that needs changing. I think that platinum has a good price, and doesn't need any changing. It is important that as MCG evolves, we adjust our donation system to keep in working smoothly. Even though a lot of the changes are to lower the price, I believe that more players will donate brining in more money in the end. Also, don't tell me that there will be too many donors on the servers, because with hundreds of servers you should still be able to join a game no problem.

Update: I think I should add that if the price of diamond is lowered, a previous diamond donor should still be able to update to platinum for only $25 as they payed $75 when they bought it. Diamond donors after that would pay $50 to upgrade to platinum.
This is valid, although the title for this should be "Please change the prices for these donor statuses, because you didn't really make any changes but the prices, except for GOLD where you said: Change 2: keep the same.

Trilexium

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
If ever a price reduction was needed, then I'd say this; 20% off all ranks. This would mean;

- Iron donor is $8. This is rather an odd price, so perhaps we leave Iron as $10. Gives more incentive to buy a higher rank, with Iron's relatively low 'bang for your buck'.
- Gold donor is $20. This may not be so much off the now current price of $25, but again, it offers incentive to possible buyers looking for a more value for money option.
- Diamond donor is $60. This is a bit more affordable, but it's not exactly great value for what it is, given Platinum outdoes it in several aspects of perks and rewards.
- Finally, Platinum donor is $80. This is the current price of Diamond plus $5, which has since been superseded by the Platinum rank's introduction. A little more affordable than the usual $100 fee which deters some from purchasing it.

Logically, premium upgrades from Diamond to Platinum are now $20.

My 2c (haha get it, we're talking about money, and... okay, I should stop).

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
You said iron should be $5 and gold should be $10. What is the point of buying iron if you can just pay double and get an extra two months?

Also, I hate diamond, but I bought it three weeks before platinum came out. If they were to make diamond $50, that would be unfair for the people who bought it late. I understand that you said they can make it $50 to upgrade, but what about the people that don't want to upgrade for $25?
Gold would be 1 month then.
Edit: I did state that in the thread.
I think $75 is a good price for lifetime donor just because of the sheer amount of time it covers. You can disguise, get priority access, and the like for a very cheap monthly price depending on how long you play for.

IMO platinum is useless. I find myself ONLY using the features of it when I realize I paid money for them and wonder "Why did I upgrade to this?"

Maybe that's just me. The first two have good prices, if they were any lower I don't think MCSG would be able to make enough money to keep all their networks and servers up.

The only thing I would say to do is just flat out remove platinum, I don't know why I'm so against it, just it was a waste of money for me. I got a kick out of flying for one day.. Then it got stale. I feel like a d-bag when I type in colored chat because it feels like I'm bragging about my rank, and same with pets.
Well disguise is only useful for a few people who are very popular.

Trilexium

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
People who bought their ranks before the price change aren't subject for equivalent compensation, I would think. Sure, it's unfair, but you'd have to suck it up.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
People who bought their ranks before the price change aren't subject for equivalent compensation, I would think. Sure, it's unfair, but you'd have to suck it up.
Well for non-lifetime donors it would benefit them, since their next month would be way cheaper. If you were a diamond donor you would have to suck it up. Maybe MCG could give them a discount on an upgrade to platinum to compensate. It would be kinda harsh to do this to them, after they already had to suck it up when their number one priority was taken away when platinum was introduced.

Reaction score
Gold would be 1 month then.
Edit: I did state that in the thread.

Well disguise is only useful for a few people who are very popular.
But that is why people like gold. It is a sale.

Iron - $30 - three months.
Gold - $25 - three months.

Also, some people complain about being targeted for "having donor". They might feel that they need the disguise command.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Here's a solution, get a job.
I didn't say I couldn't afford donor, I just said I don't feel that the price is worth it. There is a big difference. I would prefer to spend that money on other things than a video game. If they lowered the prices I would consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci