• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Death of Minecraft Servers?

Mojang - Crazy or Smart?

• Crazy

Votes: 42 87.5%
  • Smart

Votes: 6 12.5%

• Total voters

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
However, if we change the wording, to, as you said, change the semantics of it, wouldn't it be in compliance with the EULA?
I really have no definitive idea.

I view this entire situation as something being blown either out of proportion or twisted to seem really good or really bad. This is all just something for people to get worked over about. It seems like every week, there's some new thing that the staff, the players, and/or other entities are getting worked up about.

Edog

Platinum
Reaction score
I really have no definitive idea.

I view this entire situation as something being blown either out of proportion or twisted to seem really good or really bad. This is all just something for people to get worked over about. It seems like every week, there's some new thing that the staff, the players, and/or other entities are getting worked up about.
Well hey, it wouldn't be MCGamer without the drama!

But as you said, yeah, I agree. But if Mojang does end up "outlawing" every server that accepts payment, they will be pretty screwed when it comes to a dwindling fanbase.

BlueHeron

District 13
Reaction score

This video by BebopVox, I feel, does a much better job at explaining what happened on this topic. I'd give it a watch, as it is more insightful.

_Reevesdrums_

Platinum
Reaction score
Keep in mind: it may be against the rules for servers to sell ranks for money.

However, MCGamer does not sell ranks! MCGamer gives perks for your donations. Technically on MCGamer ranks aren't sold - they are donated for! ^_^
It's being discussed on reddit, and basically donations will not be allowed to reward players at all in any way, even with accessories or fun gimmicks... I'd really hate to see this enforced on any server that isn't pay to win, because it means they would most likely not be able to afford to run. Especially any server that holds over 100 players.

this is the more detailed information from a reddit dicsussion if anyone would like more information. It shows the relevant information about what servers would be allowed to do. Hopefully I'm not going against forum rules to post it.
http://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/27eo9b/no_more_pay_to_win_servers_d/
(I'm againt's the new eula, but that link contains all the relevant info on the subject even though the poster supports it)

Azorces

Career
Reaction score
The reason mojang is mad about this is because there is a server with a rank that it is 10k dollars now I can say that is right out stupid
Nuff said

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Even if it were to become illegal, I think most of the minecraft community would argue against this and the rule wouldn't stand

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci