• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The 5th MCGamer Awards (Quarter Quell Edition): Nominations Now Open!

CoolDarkraiDude

Platinum
Reaction score
It's not that VIPs can request people to be banned and it happens. Firstly, he had only one prior offense for abuse. Secondly, people can be banned without reason on one condition: if Chad wants to, he can. Tomahawk was angry that Justl made fun of him, referencing "4head", and asked that he be permanently banned. Not sure where it went from there specifically, but Justl ended up permanently banned for that reason. And as for the lasting negative impression, that is incorrect. What you end with has nothing to do with what matters. If an olympic swimmer littered and died two minutes later, what do people remember him as, negative or positive?? As for your second-to-last point, I've known a few senior mods (one of which is now admin) and dozens of moderators, plenty of which I'm still friends with now. Guess what, they have a tendency to agree if they're in the regular pvp community or just community of regular players instead of those who hermit themselves among other staff members. And for your final point, I'm not regarding them. I'm regarding those who actually touch the forums, know what they're doing on the servers, etc. Who cares about JohnDoe12345 they make no difference to anyone whatsoever. I'm talking about people who are influential on the community at least a little like Soulv2, kranzo, nativetalent, harborseal, chriscomedies, attackdog91, africannswallow, anyone who actually knows what the living hell they're actually doing. Now don't be the stereotypical staff/ex-staff member who defends every single thing everybody does in staff as if they're perfect. They make mistakes, they do wrong, etc.

africanswallow

Platinum
Reaction score
It's not that VIPs can request people to be banned and it happens. Firstly, he had only one prior offense for abuse. Secondly, people can be banned without reason on one condition: if Chad wants to, he can. Tomahawk was angry that Justl made fun of him, referencing "4head", and asked that he be permanently banned. Not sure where it went from there specifically, but Justl ended up permanently banned for that reason. And as for the lasting negative impression, that is incorrect. What you end with has nothing to do with what matters. If an olympic swimmer littered and died two minutes later, what do people remember him as, negative or positive?? As for your second-to-last point, I've known a few senior mods (one of which is now admin) and dozens of moderators, plenty of which I'm still friends with now. Guess what, they have a tendency to agree if they're in the regular pvp community or just community of regular players instead of those who hermit themselves among other staff members. And for your final point, I'm not regarding them. I'm regarding those who actually touch the forums, know what they're doing on the servers, etc. Who cares about JohnDoe12345 they make no difference to anyone whatsoever. I'm talking about people who are influential on the community at least a little like Soulv2, kranzo, nativetalent, harborseal, chriscomedies, attackdog91, africannswallow, anyone who actually knows what the living hell they're actually doing. Now don't be the stereotypical staff/ex-staff member who defends every single thing everybody does in staff as if they're perfect. They make mistakes, they do wrong, etc.
Wao i'm so famous

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
How about the livestreamed ceremony is also recorded, that way people who can't attend can just view it later? :p

KitMencha

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Col_StaR suggested that to me and I'm considering doing that :p.
I really don't see any particular reason not to. Optionally, a staff member could privately record the Livestream feed and upload it to their YouTube channel, with permission from the MCG Awards team.

Kyle

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I really don't see any particular reason not to. Optionally, a staff member could privately record the Livestream feed and upload it to their YouTube channel, with permission from the MCG Awards team.
We will be talking about all viable options to make it the best experience possible :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci