• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Thawing Time - By Helix Build Team & Sanders2408

Do you like this map?

• Vote

Votes: 52 100.0%

• Total voters

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I have to admit, this map is pretty incredible! However in a way, it does remind me a little more of a flatter version of Treacherous heights, but that doesn't stop me from believing that this map should be added! :)

Otto

Diamond
Reaction score
Going back on what I said earlier, I'd like to change what I said;

I don't really like the idea of snowy or ice, Not many people like ice maps and snow maps so that isn't gonna go down well; and I know what you're thinking "It has the rainforest underneath", but not many people are going to actually go there, because thats not the main selling point of the map. Its a bit cramped and what? Do you think everyones going to rush down there? No, because 1) Thats not how people in SG think
2) Not many people will find out about it (Not the average noob, anyway)

The reason I change this is because when i first saw the map I thought the snow was sand or something, and I really liked that, but now I watched the video's and I saw that it is snow... Just ewww. It looks sooo ugly as snow! If you want my full opinion, try changing the snow to something more "wasteland" themed. I think that would do amazing works.

Please take my advice as constructive, not criticism.

MCGamerzism

Platinum
Reaction score
I have to admit, this map is pretty incredible! However in a way, it does remind me a little more of a flatter version of Treacherous heights, but that doesn't stop me from believing that this map should be added! :)
Thanks <3 :D, I see what you mean by Treacherous heights :p

Sanders

Team Helix
Reaction score
Going back on what I said earlier, I'd like to change what I said;

I don't really like the idea of snowy or ice, Not many people like ice maps and snow maps so that isn't gonna go down well; and I know what you're thinking "It has the rainforest underneath", but not many people are going to actually go there, because thats not the main selling point of the map. Its a bit cramped and what? Do you think everyones going to rush down there? No, because 1) Thats not how people in SG think
2) Not many people will find out about it (Not the average noob, anyway)

The reason I change this is because when i first saw the map I thought the snow was sand or something, and I really liked that, but now I watched the video's and I saw that it is snow... Just ewww. It looks sooo ugly as snow! If you want my full opinion, try changing the snow to something more "wasteland" themed. I think that would do amazing works.

Please take my advice as constructive, not criticism.
We do take this as constructive critisism, but isn't it a little stupid to asume that a map called "Thawing Time" doesn't have a single block of snow on it? We know most snow-based maps are unpopular, but we are still in the middle of detailing stuff & fixing minor bugs. I am actually in the middle of adding detailing as I'm writing these words.
Like I always say, Thanks for the comment! Critisism only helps us to inprove the map.

Otto

Diamond
Reaction score
We do take this as constructive critisism, but isn't it a little stupid to asume that a map called "Thawing Time" doesn't have a single block of snow on it? We know most snow-based maps are unpopular, but we are still in the middle of detailing stuff & fixing minor bugs. I am actually in the middle of adding detailing as I'm writing these words.
Like I always say, Thanks for the comment! Critisism only helps us to inprove the map.
I didn't say "Not one block of snow" I said change the main block, please don't over-exaggerate my comments. But I don't see why map called "Thawing Time" has to be snow-based. Sure, the world had a few ice-age periods, but, if you study GCSE History, then you'll also know that the world endured contrasting periods of time with extreme heat that actually lasted a lot longer than the Ice-ages...

Sanders

Team Helix
Reaction score
I didn't say "Not one block of snow" I said change the main block, please don't over-exaggerate my comments. But I don't see why map called "Thawing Time" has to be snow-based. Sure, the world had a few ice-age periods, but, if you study GCSE History, then you'll also know that the world endured contrasting periods of time with extreme heat that actually lasted a lot longer than the Ice-ages...
My comment was not an attack, I even thanked you for the constructive critisim you gave us, but please don't go off-topic. This thread is here because we want to improve our work and comments like your's help, but please don't talk about the history of the earths temperature. I personally find it very facinating, but "the heat periods" of our planet have nothing to do with this QQ map.

Sanders

Team Helix
Reaction score
No offense, but then please explain why you are so intent on having snow on this map?
The theme is a Post-Iceage map with medival aspects, building a map means sticking to your theme while also being flexible by adding/tweaking it. We have chosen for this theme, which includes ice and snow.
Now lets close this sub-topic.

MCGamerzism

Platinum
Reaction score
This stops right here. This is not a place for flame. We are all entitled to our own opinion, but when it is put across a way that could be interpreted as something rude or offensive, that's when things are out of control. This is not putting a good impression on the judges, and viewers/forumers, stops now, any further disagreements can be brought to a inbox. For now, lets stick with the criticism, and saying "eww" is not classed as that.​

niek

Experienced
Reaction score
Also saying "Thats stupid" is also not classed as that, but I see you left that out. A bit biased but, eh.

Other than that, very true, and I actually agree with you for once!
1 thing otto: maybe you think we shouldnt do
A snow map but for me it was a mission to make a snow map that people will like.

niek

Experienced
Reaction score
I don't understand that sentence, please learn eglish. Good-day.
Sorry, i tried. Anyway please leave this thread and any future helix threads. Thx

edit: please dont even respond to this comment.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci