• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Thawing Time - By Helix Build Team & Sanders2408

Do you like this map?

• Vote

Votes: 52 100.0%

• Total voters

Team Helix

Praise Helix
Reaction score
Name Of Map:
Thawing Time

Lead Builder/Build Team Name:
MCGamerzism, Niekrm & Sanders2408 - Helix Build Team

Game Type:
Quarter Quell

Description Of The Map:
Once the lands of dinosaurs, they became extinct, and left the luscious environment underneath them. Villagers of 2 kinds decided to rule the earth, but a land of segregation was developing. The land was split into the Igloo village, and wealthy village, one lived among luxuries, the other survived of raw materials.
And the frozen environment didn't contribute well...This is the Thawing Times, a time for hunger, fear, mystery and a dark future.

The map was built with PvP in mind, while also staying loyal to the true QQ feel: "Player VS environment"

Video/ScreenShots:
Screenshots (Shaders)

Deathmatch arena:

Shaderless Screenshots:

Builders:

Niekrm
MCGamerzism
Sanders2408
DDapee
BrandonStorm1
TheBlueFlygon
Ice_Man1
Unknown_HD
Thunder_Strikez
TurkeyCup
Cmelvard
BritishYeti
Rixation
rockpee
built2destroy12
Thunder_Strikez

Progress Videos:
Playlist of all the videos we've done of Thawing Time, if your interested in seeing how its dramatically changed over the course of 3 weeks
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLztI8t9ABv-QZpQ7on7HmRKWqRozQ-Rfm

Cords Of Corn and Deathmatch Arena
Corn: http://imgur.com/tL2k7X0
Deathmatch: http://imgur.com/pY8O91a

Radius of Map:
  • A 210 total radius​
  • Corn has a radius of 45​
Download link:
>>>Click<<<

We, MCGamerzism, Niekrm, Sanders2408 of Helix agree and accept that by submitting this map to the MCGamer Network for consideration it may be altered by the staff of MCGamer at any time in order to make gameplay changes. Also, by accepting this we understand that any violation of the map guidelines such as, but not limited to OP items being placed, may result in the immediate removal of our map and or any associated given ranks (VIP) from our servers. The MCGamer staff have full rights to decide whether or not the map in question is applied to or remains on the server network and the status of the map is subject to change at any time.

Last edited:

Sanders

Team Helix
Reaction score

So after realising that its impossible for a "Solo-builder" to build a high quality QQ map in 2 weeks, I asked team Helix if I could help them building their QQ map. It was truly amazing to build with you guys! I think this map is a great mix of 2 styles (my personal style & theirs), and the outcome is better than I could have ever imagined. The map may not be completed yet, but I think the final form of the map (I think 2 or 3 days from now) is in sight. As I said, working with Helix was great & and I look forward to their future projects.
I also look forward to other contest entries.

and Sean,
yours isn't bad either.

Cya!

Last edited:

MCGamerzism

Platinum
Reaction score
-- insert: "not sure if outcasted, or special" meme here--

So after realising that its impossible for a "Solo-builder" to build a high quality QQ map in 2 weeks, I asked team Helix if I could help them building their QQ map. It was truly amazing to build with you guys! I think this map is a great mix of 2 styles (my personal style & theirs), and the outcome is better than I could have ever imagined. The map may not be completed yet, but I think the final form of the map (I think 2 or 3 days from now) is in sight. As I said, working with Helix was great & and I look forward to their future projects.
I also look forward to other contest entries.

and Sean,
yours isn't bad either.

Cya!
Pleasure to have you working with us, wouldn't be a successful map without you ;)

UnspecifiedMC

Tribute
Reaction score
Thats really good mate (i have the legal right to say 'mate' because im australian ok?) Ik this is a snow map but some areas seem a tiny bit too boring :/. I guess this map is gonna be good for pvp then (doesnt even matter, i suck anyway).
gg

MCGamerzism

Platinum
Reaction score
Thats really good mate (i have the legal right to say 'mate' because im australian ok?) Ik this is a snow map but some areas seem a tiny bit too boring :/. I guess this map is gonna be good for pvp then (doesnt even matter, i suck anyway).
gg
Its DEFINITELY an amazing build, could do with some non-shader-non texture pack builds though, I specifically remember a certain MCGamerzism saying its like the things girls wear on their face.

Overall a really good build! Could do with a bit more detail, (And in my eyes it doesn't look too much like a QQ map) but definitely good!
I see what you mean :p It is not 100% finished, and we still need to develop ideas to get rid of the blank spaces! Default pictures will come out later today, also. I would recommend downloading the map when there is a link, you really need to test the map in order to feel the style and gameplay :D.

Grinche630

Survivor
Reaction score
Construction of each map must be started during the competition’s duration, not before; if you have been working on an map before the contest was announced, you may not use it.
This is a good map. However, if I am not mistaken, I am pretty sure this map was already in construction before the contest was released, thus breaking the rules Dave set above... So yeah...o_O

Reaction score
This is a good map. However, if I am not mistaken, I am pretty sure this map was already in construction before the contest was released, thus breaking the rules Dave set above... So yeah...o_O
Sadly to say, sir this was not constructed before the contest was announced, we intiated the project on the exact day of announcment. Thus , we are still safe.

If you require proof, please feel free to poke me and I can provide full responsibilty of the proof which will be provided.

:p

Grinche630

Survivor
Reaction score
Sadly to say, sir this was not constructed before the contest was announced, we intiated the project on the exact day of announcment. Thus , we are still safe.

If you require proof, please feel free to poke me and I can provide full responsibilty of the proof which will be provided.
Ok thats good to know.:) It'd be a shame to see a wonderful map be disqualified. btw, download link pls asap? ty. Ill check in the code when it was initiated just to be sure :p. It is an awesome doe!

niek

Experienced
Reaction score
Ok thats good to know.:) It'd be a shame to see a wonderful map be disqualified. btw, download link pls asap? ty. Ill check in the code when it was initiated just to be sure :p. It is an awesome doe!
Not sure why you thought we started the map before we were allowed to but maybe its because helix made another qq map a month ago. Anyway i'm glad you like it

Sanders

Team Helix
Reaction score
You dont need to look in to the code, you can see it when you put the map in your singleplayer saves folder.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci