• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Teams&Alliance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Themagman

Spectator
Reaction score
In the last few days I see everbody is complaining about the teams that form.
I think personally that this is a part of the game and it is impossible to stop.
But I think that the teams are okay but there must be a downside to be in a team.
For instance in the movies and books they will turn on each other or be attacked by gamemakers to make the game more interessing. This can be done by for instance a voting system that will allow spectators to for an instance spawn a ghast at the group (would like to hear some ideas).
Also by more in game disadvantages like my other idea: (http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/campers-teams.150/#post-1012)
wouldlove to see some discussion here :)

Ajakking789

Tribute
Reaction score
I personally hate teams. I am a decent player and kill a lot of players and win a lot and I think teams are jsut an excuse for bad players to gang up on others and removing the skill aspect of the game. I personally think that teams should be limited to 2 people but seems like there isn't really a way to monitor this so I guess were stuck with teams

Themagman

Spectator
Reaction score
B
I personally hate teams. I am a decent player and kill a lot of players and win a lot and I think teams are jsut an excuse for bad players to gang up on others and removing the skill aspect of the game. I personally think that teams should be limited to 2 people but seems like there isn't really a way to monitor this so I guess were stuck with teams
But do you think this will solve it? The problem is there isn't a downside to being in a team this will be one.

Ajakking789

Tribute
Reaction score
The coding involved would takes ages for it to happen and there will be issues with it such as bugs and then mobs ect attacking the wrong people. I don't think they can make such a thing but a nice idea would be that gamemakers could type a one time thing that is /kill(playername) and just kill someone off

Themagman

Spectator
Reaction score
The coding involved would takes ages for it to happen and there will be issues with it such as bugs and then mobs ect attacking the wrong people. I don't think they can make such a thing but a nice idea would be that gamemakers could type a one time thing that is /kill(playername) and just kill someone off
But there is nothing fun if people just are instandly killed by gamemakers I mean spectating must be a form of fun.

Ajakking789

Tribute
Reaction score
Not sure if they will be able to code something into the game tbh. Just hate it when u get 12 year olds teaming up and camping at spawn

Gormagone

Spectator
Reaction score
If you are a good player a small team (2-3) players are not going to pose a problem as you can use your own tactics to defeat them. Prove your self to be better then a group, also if they are teams that are made in the lobby then they could be easily tricked into betrayal.

treebalamb

Spectator
Reaction score
How about spectators get 3 zombie spawn eggs? If you're pissed off a team just killed you, you just wait for them to take some damage, then surround them with zombies. It doesn't fix the team problem, but it makes spectating a million times more fun. :)

Tyler49er5

Experienced
Reaction score
all this could still be used from a teammember that is spectating to help their team

iiCALLmeNOOBY

Career
Reaction score
The whole idea of spectators having power of regular players is not a very good idea, for instance say person A doesnt like the two people in group B. Person A and some other people disliking group B would team up on them and spawn as many mobs as possible. I dislike teams too, but they are part of the game AND the books.

Themagman

Spectator
Reaction score
The whole idea of spectators having power of regular players is not a very good idea, for instance say person A doesnt like the two people in group B. Person A and some other people disliking group B would team up on them and spawn as many mobs as possible. I dislike teams too, but they are part of the game AND the books.
Thats why I think it must be build into the server.
My original idea http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/fix-spawncampers.432/#post-3186

ImmobileLizard

Survivor
Reaction score
Actually i think it makes people think more about positioning... i held off a team of three by waiting at the bottom of a ladder and swung at them when any of them tried to come down killing 2 of them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci