• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Survival Server: ACTUALLY COMING SOON (Real Deal)

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
Stop spamming.

OT: This sounds epic! But how do you think the players shall chose their districts? To be honest there will be like 4000000 in district 12 and 43 in 8...
There is something, don't worry c:

Cosmichole

Survivor
Reaction score
Monthly Hunger Games raffle? That honestly sounds amazing. Make sure to include the little details, they really count:

-The building in the middle of the big lake in the Capitol
-The wooden watch towers in the districts
-Perhaps a Mo Creatures mod server-side, if that's possible? (lions and wild animals in the wilderness are more realistic than zombies, creepers and skeletons)

True ^

Cory

Tribute
Reaction score
This shouldn't be the "Survival Server" this should be "Factions Server" on it's own domain, Survival Servers are usually:
  • Towns
  • ChestShop
  • Protections
  • Economy (iConomy or CraftConomy)
Granted you can do this with the "Faction Server" but there's people who don't care for Factions and want straight up "Survival" and don't have to worry about the PVP aspect of the game.

To prevent flame wars and things like that as mentionned in the above post, perhaps add an economy plugin (iConomy) and have a plugin like Towny, so people have to work to make their base secure, not just have it for free.
Well as I mentioned this should be the "Survival Server" and "Factions" should be seperate, I mean a mutual thing would be is to setup "Multiverse" and just negate permissions of "Factions" in the "Survival World" so players don't have to worry about it.

Also, I wouldn't recommend Towny as their has been known issues in the past where it would "Completely" wipe/regen all Towns. This is where we would use "WorldGuard, WorldEdit" and install "Simple Region Market" for the creation of plots, this is where a user ranks of Mayor and Assistant Mayor would come in.

Why dont u make other donator packages for only the survival server and can u add mcMMO :)
Well I use mcMMO on my server and runs fine, but I'm still not convinced that it should be on a "Survival Server"; However we do have it enabled in our PVP World which is basically what Factions is for, therefore mcMMO would be an okay addition as part of the Faction Server.

-Perhaps a Mo Creatures mod server-side, if that's possible? (lions and wild animals in the wilderness are more realistic than zombies, creepers and skeletons)
The fact mcMMO isn't getting installed, What makes you think MO' Creatures would be installed? They would have to use a modified Bukkit to support the Bukkit Forge and then install MO' Creatures, but all the essential plugins should still work as there is a Mo' Creatures for Bukkit.

Not only that, but then all the users just to join the server they would need Forge, MoCreatures and all the dependencies that require to run Mo' Creatures and won't let you connect until you've done so.

Now I'm not trying to bite your head off or anything, but the point of a "Survival Server" is to be more less "Vanilla" to a point and adding MO' Creatures just makes more of hassle than it's worth.

You don't have to take my suggestions, but I feel I've made good points and hopefully some suggestions for the Admins to take in consideration.

Regards,
Cory

Boboaluitz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I am rolling on the floor crying with happiness. This is going to be an actual things soon! :D

I will play the heck out of this server when it comes out. Will there be more than one way of traveling between districts, if any at all?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci