• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Survival Moderators

Captain Dak

Platinum
Reaction score
However, I've been playing with this idea for some time. What if some moderators gave up there ability to play in the server, and instead can tp and vanish. They would not be allowed to interact with other staff who are playing survival. This way, if someone is being accused of hacking, these special mods can go and investigate. It's just an idea, but it's a possible solution.
I would gladly do that! :p

soggypickle

District 13
Reaction score
I talked with Ant a bit about this when I did my training. He said that mods can't do much because of an agreement that was reached. Most of the mods wanted to play survival, and they couldn't do that and moderate hackers. If mods were given /tp and /vanish commands, I hate to say this, but a few of them would abuse them. Thus, the agreement was reached that staff can moderate the chat, and record a hacker if they see the person themselves. But not much else.

However, I've been playing with this idea for some time. What if some moderators gave up there ability to play in the server, and instead can tp and vanish. They would not be allowed to interact with other staff who are playing survival. This way, if someone is being accused of hacking, these special mods can go and investigate. It's just an idea, but it's a possible solution.
I was considering suggesting that Mods shouldn't be allowed to play and instead have to vanish and watch people, but I thought it sounded a bit harsh. But I like your idea of making it optional for people, although, like you said, a lot of them preferred just regular Survival...

This might be asking a bit much, but perhaps there could be a plugin on the Survival server that would allow Mods to switch to and from a GM mode, which would maintain different inventories. The only downside to this is, like you said, the possibility of them abusing it, and perhaps gathering the coordinates of bases and giving them out.

It really all just comes down to a trust issue. :/

OnlyMathias

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I was considering suggesting that Mods shouldn't be allowed to play and instead have to vanish and watch people, but I thought it sounded a bit harsh. But I like your idea of making it optional for people, although, like you said, a lot of them preferred just regular Survival...

This might be asking a bit much, but perhaps there could be a plugin on the Survival server that would allow Mods to switch to and from a GM mode, which would maintain different inventories. The only downside to this is, like you said, the possibility of them abusing it, and perhaps gathering the coordinates of bases and giving them out.

It really all just comes down to a trust issue. :/
Staff Survival and Regular Survival ? But then I think no staff would really go on survival. If I get the commands I would never Play just Catch them hackers.

Lively

District 13
Reaction score
Staff Survival and Regular Survival ? But then I think no staff would really go on survival. If I get the commands I would never Play just Catch them hackers.
Same here, my joy for survival was kind of destroyed after my first faction was hopelessly griefed. I would be one of the anti-cheat mods if this ever actually came into play.

OnlyMathias

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Same here, my joy for survival was kind of destroyed after my first faction was hopelessly griefed. I would be one of the anti-cheat mods if this ever actually came into play.
I lost Hope when I had to move so I won't get Grifed. I stood there for ant for 2 days to keep my Zombie Pigman Spawner. Then my own faction member grief and Destroyed everything. Survival was Ruined at that point. I now just stand at Spawn trying to Help if someone needs me.

J

Joel/MadDawg

I lost Hope when I had to move so I won't get Grifed. I stood there for ant for 2 days to keep my Zombie Pigman Spawner. Then my own faction member grief and Destroyed everything. Survival was Ruined at that point. I now just stand at Spawn trying to Help if someone needs me.
Story of my life

TatumMalue

Spectator
Reaction score
I know this is a totally noob question.... but how do I join a server??

soggypickle

District 13
Reaction score
I know this is a totally noob question.... but how do I join a server??
Join us.mcgamer.net to connect to our hub, right click with your compass, click the diamond sword, then look around for a red sign that says "RESTARTING", and hold right click on it until you get in.

In the future, please post in the correct section, and don't bump old threads. ;)
Have fun!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci