• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Survival Moderators

soggypickle

District 13
Reaction score
Lately I've been attached to Survival, but there's something that's been bugging me. Am I the only one who thinks that the Mods are a bit... powerless? They can only moderate the chat. Admins on the other hand have the ability to moderate hackers with /vanish and /tp. Shouldn't mods be able to do the same thing? After all, they are supposed to be keeping Survival secure.

Lively

District 13
Reaction score
I talked with Ant a bit about this when I did my training. He said that mods can't do much because of an agreement that was reached. Most of the mods wanted to play survival, and they couldn't do that and moderate hackers. If mods were given /tp and /vanish commands, I hate to say this, but a few of them would abuse them. Thus, the agreement was reached that staff can moderate the chat, and record a hacker if they see the person themselves. But not much else.

However, I've been playing with this idea for some time. What if some moderators gave up there ability to play in the server, and instead can tp and vanish. They would not be allowed to interact with other staff who are playing survival. This way, if someone is being accused of hacking, these special mods can go and investigate. It's just an idea, but it's a possible solution.

ImBrandonOkay

Spectator
Reaction score
Hi i would like to submit because i love this server and i have bought premium and i love it i think it would be cool if i was a mod i absolutely love this server....Thank You.

ImBrandonOkay

Spectator
Reaction score
I would like to try to join because I'm really good and i dont team and i obey the server rules i tell people not to spam nicely and ive donated and i have iron and i just really like this server so if you can respond that would be nice..

Lively

District 13
Reaction score
I would like to try to join because I'm really good and i dont team and i obey the server rules i tell people not to spam nicely and ive donated and i have iron and i just really like this server so if you can respond that would be nice..
We just gave you the link. Twice. Apply there. If you have any other questions, feel free to contact me.

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
Like @Lively said before, you can apply to be a moderator on the MCSG servers here: www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/forums/apply

Make sure to follow this template when you draft your application: http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.c...vailable-volunteer-staff-positions-mcsg.7389/

OnlyMathias

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I talked with Ant a bit about this when I did my training. He said that mods can't do much because of an agreement that was reached. Most of the mods wanted to play survival, and they couldn't do that and moderate hackers. If mods were given /tp and /vanish commands, I hate to say this, but a few of them would abuse them. Thus, the agreement was reached that staff can moderate the chat, and record a hacker if they see the person themselves. But not much else.

However, I've been playing with this idea for some time. What if some moderators gave up there ability to play in the server, and instead can tp and vanish. They would not be allowed to interact with other staff who are playing survival. This way, if someone is being accused of hacking, these special mods can go and investigate. It's just an idea, but it's a possible solution.

This is completely True and that's the Problem. Sometimes I wish there were 2 levels of Moderator. But the Problem is that would create a Divide. Sr. Staff also can't do much (as I was Told) so the Problem is that only Admins can do stuff. Problem being only 2 admins are capable of Moderating the Survival... I"m not complaining to get in Trouble... I"m complaining because there are some people like me that are irritated that I can't do my job as well as I would like... The Problem is you want to help but you can't really help... If there was some way to prove that some of us can be trusted and some of us deserve the Power to moderator on there that would be great.

ImBrandonOkay

Spectator
Reaction score
Hi i would like to submit in this because i obey the server rules and im actually 15 and i would love to be a mod i love playing on this server Thank You...

Mlpoknzaba

Diamond
Reaction score

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci