• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Survival Games Labyrinth

gammarik

Survivor
Reaction score

We were inspired by the Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Book 4) to make a Survival Games Arena Based on the labyrinth they were "fighting" in. So my friend, brother and i went ahead and build this! We just finished it!

Basically you spawn in the middle (kinda) of the labyrinth, and run out into the maze! Chests are hidden throughout the map in, under and on top of the hedges. Mushrooms are growing at random places. A few animals walk around, maybe even a Mooshroom. The map itself isn't very large (221 from edge to edge) but it feels huge because of the labyrinth. There is no structure in the map at all (well there are 2 shrines, but thats it) and it is impossible to leave the labyrinth.

Update:

We added traps, cobwebs and more to the maps!
We just finished an second version of the map with some modified passages, so that people with photographic memory won't be able to easily remember each and every passageway.

Pics:
These pics are made with MobDisguise. Only 5 of the players were asked to participate in this shoot!

Download:
V1 Here!
V2 Here!
Or in attached file.

Credits/Build By:
Gammarik
Koed1996
Dinsendrengene

Attachments

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Haha, gg leaves, but besides that it's an epic map. I had an idea of an underground labyrinth once, started building it but got a bit bored.

schnikes

Career
Reaction score
looks sweet, although the shrines are kinda weird, I would maybe make an organized structure for them. This map seems pretty awesome :D

Biffington

Survivor
Reaction score
unfortunatly thecornacopia provides a uneven advantage to the person in the center of each quarter. other than that, this is one of the more impressive maps i have seen that are MCSG user-made. Good work!

_dose_

Experienced
Reaction score
No redstone, the concept is good, but the way you made the map is... eh

Biffington

Survivor
Reaction score
Yeah, so me and dose downloaded the map... There is not one single peice of redstone, other than the redstone torches under the redstone lamps at the corn. It is more unbalanced because of the 4 chests on each quarter just outside the corn. Some people have fewer blocks to move in order to get those chests. You can also easily get out of the map. Simply make a staircase out of leaves to the top of the maze, and get a team-mate to hit you up with a fishing rod on-top of the fences. once your up there, you can block glitch on top of the outer fence. Once your on the outer-fence you can survive the fall to the ground. This would greatly prolong the game. So you definetly need some traps, and some redstone for this map to make it.

cameron224

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Block Glitching isnt aloud on MCSG and anyone outside the arena would be penalized, whether it be kick or temp-ban. Alos, the escape is an easy fix. I like the idea but the map is a little small and once played a few times, the labyrinth would become memorized by players who have a route, and nobody would get lost

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci