• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Staying healthy while gaming, and why its important.

Slqme

Survivor
Reaction score
bump ;p. I really want peoples opinions on this thread, so please leave comments! :D

Reaction score
I play cricket rugby so I drink a lot of water eat healthy food and exercise so i am fine for now.

ButterBacca87

Survivor
Reaction score
Hello there! I'm here to talk to you about something that us, as human beings, is extremely vital. Staying healthy.

Personally, when I'm playing a game of MCSG, or maybe a bit of Battlegrounds, I'm usually involuntarily ignoring my health. I'm not always staying healthy. I'm usually having something that is bad for my body, especially in the circumstances that most people game in (Sitting down, usually next to no work being done at all physically).

I ask you, before you go away to get the next packet of skittles, or the next can of energy drinks, ask yourself, "Is this really what I need?". As us gamers are usually sitting down when gaming (Unless you're an MLG gamer who stands up) we definitely do not need a drink thats meant to be drunk before or after exercise. Of course, if you have been out to do some exercise, then you can, of course, have some sugar or calories, but in your case, there is a good chance thats not the case.

Instead, have an apple, an orange, or a banana. Stay healthy, because if your not doing exercise at the time, its important to keep our body working properly.

Also, staying healthy by eating fruit or veg, rather then eating or drinking things that are loaded with sugar or glucose, will help us game better. It helps our minds working properly and helps us focus. And yes, some energy drinks/eats also do this, but fruit or veg is the healthier, and better option.

So please, next time you think of having something filled with unhealthy, processed devil ingredients, have an apple instead.

Thankyou for reading,
and stay healthy!
~Slqme
Is it bad that I was drinking a slurpee while reading this?

Leontin2012

Survivor
Reaction score
I know that this is a massive necro post but the topic is still relevant and I just want to thank all of you that gave your opinion on this because for me this is a sensitive topic C: - Since I started school I was the thinnest kid on the block but that changed when I became a gamer which is quite sad actually... So yes to make this clear... I'm on a diet and no junk food nor candy not even Mountain Dew :( So yeah my weight will stay as a secret but I can give a clue for now, I'll come back to this post in 2 months and I'll post my weight when I've been doing that diet for that period of time and I'll also post my starting weight c: If I manage to fail this I'm going to be sad foreva ':( - Don't give up, fight for what you want : was my motto back then hope I can live up to that still... BTW I love apples ;D I will gladly accept any tips or advice and I'll try to execute them to my diet to the best of my ability so just pm me if you wish :) - Chubby Le0 * I might make a personal thread for you guys to give tips, advice and even motivating me. We will see :):)

Last edited:

AGFire2013

District 13
Reaction score
I just drink water while PvPing, sometimes with half a bagel or something. I don't have to worry about exercise (I exercise 6 times week... and then there's rowing, which burns like 860 calories an hour) and I do have to eat healthy so that I can stay fit for rowing. I'm just grateful I'm not a lightweight, because those guys need to keep their weight under 110lbs for the WHOLE COMPETITION SEASON.
So even if I do consume something sugary or unhealthy, I can easily burn it off.

Derpy_

Experienced
Reaction score
I just drink water while PvPing, sometimes with half a bagel or something. I don't have to worry about exercise (I exercise 6 times week... and then there's rowing, which burns like 860 calories an hour) and I do have to eat healthy so that I can stay fit for rowing. I'm just grateful I'm not a lightweight, because those guys need to keep their weight under 110lbs for the WHOLE COMPETITION SEASON.
So even if I do consume something sugary or unhealthy, I can easily burn it off.
Guuurl getting fit.

AGFire2013

District 13
Reaction score
Guuurl getting fit.
That's not it, I'm going to go on a spring rowing camp to Cali, where I'll be rowing around 110km in total over the course of 5 days (with one that's going to be spent in Disneyland).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci