• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Solo Servers - Why you should stop reposting it.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I have seen threads suggesting "solo servers" over and over. I'm going to silence them once and for all.

Reason 1: Bonding
If we created solo servers and people started playing on them, bonding with another player wouldn't be allowed. You wouldn't get to 3 team on that hacker. Running by them would be forcing other players you would've teamed with to try to kill you.

Reason 2: Moderating
Ever played the Hive's SG Heroes? On that minigame, teaming isn't allowed. Do teams still form? Of course. And on MCSG (where people are more determined to win), that problem would just be multiplied. Mods would have even more work to do, and banning teaming players for a week doesn't sound very rational. It's just not a problem that is worth the time.

Reason 3: Loopholes
Like any rule, this one would have loopholes. Players could be in a skype call and help each other greatly. Would spectating a friend be bannable? How would you catch that? Teams could even ping pong players as long as they acted aggressive towards everyone.

Reason 4: Hackers
If you thought teaming to kill a hacker was hard enough, wait until you have to take one on solo. Hackers could get incredibly easy wins on solo games, increasing the "rage factor" and just making our servers worse and worse.

Reason 5: Clan Battle Servers
If you are common to the forums, you may know that the devs will soon work on a special gamemode for clan battles. I believe that this could bring team levels down, because teams like a challenge. Also, large teams of 4+ would make a HUGE decrease. So if you wait, the teaming issue will die down.

Reason 6: Difficulty
Teams add a special challenge to the game that widens your skill set. If we were to remove them from some servers, we would have to make a new scoreboard for them, because solo games would be easier. What's the fun of killing teams and feeling accomplished? Where are those fun randy teams in deathmatch to kill a hacker? The game would be easier, and if you want easier, go to basically any other server (except for Hive), and you will find that winning will lose its value.

Hopefully people will stop spamming threads about it. Thanks for reading!

Rasclarts

Experienced
Reaction score
eh well imo it's a really good idea. it's by no means an uncontestable issue, so threads looking to discuss it should never be locked. this isn't a police state for pvp's sake!!

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
eh well imo it's a really good idea. it's by no means an uncontestable issue, so threads looking to discuss it should never be locked. this isn't a police state for pvp's sake!!
I am simply giving my reasons so I can copy paste the link when I see another thread about solo servers. It's getting ridiculous how many people have said the same idea and have never used the search button.

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
Yes, threads that replicate old ones should be locked. If someone is posting the same thread more than once, they're breaking the MCGamer terms and conditions.

K

KiDD

In my opinion the solo SG servers don't sound like that bad an idea, but the reposting on the other hand is a different story.

Fighting teams ain't no problem ;)

Burningcupcakes

Platinum
Reaction score
So you made a thread telling people to stop posting threads about the stuff you said in your thread. Alrightyyyyyy then.;)

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
So you made a thread telling people to stop posting threads about the stuff you said in your thread. Alrightyyyyyy then.;)
No, I made a thread telling people to stop replicating "solo sg" threads, and then I gave the reasons why.

Zetzus

Platinum
Reaction score
It kinda shows the current state of MCSG, I don't blame people for posting these threads, I encounter many teams a game and its not too much of a problem, simply because im used to it. I rarely ever play in a team, as I enjoy the challenge and risk of playing solo. Once upon a time you could play a game of MCSG and be in a game with many other highly skilled players, although that is no longer the case, we no longer run the challenge of versing highly skilled players, but more so decently skilled players in teams of 3-4.. This forces you to play smart, or lose..

Last edited:

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It kinda shows the current state of MCSG, I don't blame people for posting these threads, I encounter many teams a game and its not too much of a problem, simply because im used to it. I rarely ever play in a team and enjoy the challenge and risk of playing solo. Once upon a time you could play a game of MCSG and be in a game with many other highly skilled players, although that is no longer the case, we no longer run the challenge of versing highly skilled players, but more so decently skilled players in teams of 3-4.. This forces you to play smart, or lose..
That's what video games are: ways to show strength not physically, but mentally.

bcfcAnt

Platinum
Reaction score
I don't see the point in this thread since Chad has even thought about implementing these servers. If they notice a lot more interest in solo servers then they may just actually do it. I agree to some of your reasons but if you want to "bond" then you can play the team servers however there's many players who would like to play solo. Another thing I want to mention is that Badlion are going to not allow teaming and in my opinion, with that and their leaderboards it makes them unique and makes me want to try it out because I won't get teamed on every game. I know it'll still happen because people just break rules but at least they can be punished for it.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I don't see the point in this thread since Chad has even thought about implementing these servers. If they notice a lot more interest in solo servers then they may just actually do it. I agree to some of your reasons but if you want to "bond" then you can play the team servers however there's many players who would like to play solo. Another thing I want to mention is that Badlion are going to not allow teaming and in my opinion, with that and their leaderboards it makes them unique and makes me want to try it out because I won't get teamed on every game. I know it'll still happen because people just break rules but at least they can be punished for it.
The point is to stop people from reposting threads with the same ideas. I'm not trying to stop people from supporting it, I'm trying to stop them from making such similar threads about it. That's my only goal. Then, I showed how I feel about it, but that's really not my point. Anyway, thanks for sharing what you think!

Rhino1928

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I think you had good intentions, but didn't plan your idea out well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci