• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Shader's Mod Requirements?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HonestAbe17

Survivor
Reaction score
What kind of specs does a computer need to run Shader's Mod at+100 fps and at Normal Render Distance?

Anything helps, thank you!

AwesomnessFace

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I think you need a pretty beefy graphics card. Some computers don't have very good graphics cards and just crash every time they load a world when using the shaders. If you run at least 130+ FPS on normal while using OptiFine, I think you're all right and you'll run about 60 FPS on average while using shaders.

Henry

Diamond
Reaction score
I tried Shaders once. Got 6 fps. GG

TheManeEvent

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure @ThatOneTomahawk can run shaders without recording on normal on at least 80-ish FPS. And he has a GTX 680 (Might even have two of them. Not sure) So, yea. I recommend at least a 680. Also you're gonna need a decent processor too or Minecraft will just constantly crash.

ThatOneTomahawk

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Technically speaking, it takes no good computer to run GLSL Shaders, as it's feature is to allow you to put on shaderpacks. So your FPS should be normal when that mod is installed. It's when we get into the shaderpacks that you need the real firepower. If you are looking for 100+ FPS running on Normal with any version of Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders, good luck! I have a dual 680s and struggle to get 60 FPS. (Don't use SLI to run Minecraft, it only uses one of your cards)

EditingXBL

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Technically speaking, it takes no good computer to run GLSL Shaders, as it's feature is to allow you to put on shaderpacks. So your FPS should be normal when that mod is installed. It's when we get into the shaderpacks that you need the real firepower. If you are looking for 100+ FPS running on Normal with any version of Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders, good luck! I have a dual 680s and struggle to get 60 FPS. (Don't use SLI to run Minecraft, it only uses one of your cards)
So which graphics card do you recommend?

P.S I'm also the guy who made your recent camera border xD

DerpyDash11

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Honestly, abe (see what i did there?) you only need 50+ Fps to see fluid gameplay with shaders. So, Perhaps 680's (possibly even lower) could do the job!

Evanjohnman813

Spectator
Reaction score
Ok, first, I have to explain that, with some monitors, HIGH FPS IS NOT key. All monitors have a locked-in refresh rate, the rate at which the screen updates, which, once you exceed that number, it becomes pointless and simply wears you card down. For example, CRT monitor, (The really deep ones, have a refresh rate of 60-70 Hz, so they refresh 60-70 times a second. LCD monitors can go from 60-120Hz, etc. Thus, if you have a lower-end monitor, have quad-SLI Titans makes no difference, because it doesn't help. At all. Even if you have, say, a 42" HDTV as your monitor, your frames don't need to exceed 120 to look fluid. That is why there are Fps limiters built into games like Minecraft.

Also, cards as low as the GeForce 9500 GT can run it with decent Fps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci