• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Shader's Mod Requirements?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ordies

Experienced
Reaction score
Ok, first, I have to explain that, with some monitors, HIGH FPS IS NOT key. All monitors have a locked-in refresh rate, the rate at which the screen updates, which, once you exceed that number, it becomes pointless and simply wears you card down. For example, CRT monitor, (The really deep ones, have a refresh rate of 60-70 Hz, so they refresh 60-70 times a second. LCD monitors can go from 60-120Hz, etc. Thus, if you have a lower-end monitor, have quad-SLI Titans makes no difference, because it doesn't help. At all. Even if you have, say, a 42" HDTV as your monitor, your frames don't need to exceed 120 to look fluid. That is why there are Fps limiters built into games like Minecraft.

Also, cards as low as the GeForce 9500 GT can run it with decent Fps.
New monitors can actually go up to 244Hz.
What you said is completely pointless, it's kinda like saying "Oh yes, a better CPU will make MineCraft run faster" Yes, it's common knowledge, also a bit insulting/nercoposting.

DerpyDash11

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
New monitors can actually go up to 244Hz.
What you said is completely pointless, it's kinda like saying "Oh yes, a better CPU will make MineCraft run faster" Yes, it's common knowledge, also a bit insulting/nercoposting.
Actually, It's not really common knowledge. People just believe that screens are used for displays, yet they hold more than just that. The thread was unanswered so it's not a necro.

Ordies

Experienced
Reaction score
Actually, It's not really common knowledge. People just believe that screens are used for displays, yet they hold more than just that. The thread was unanswered so it's not a necro.
There's really no answer to this thread, the thread point is what is a good PC for shaders, it kinda has been already answered.
3770k + 670 if he wants, it's not needed he doesn't need to have those specs.

DerpyDash11

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
There's really no answer to this thread, the thread point is what is a good PC for shaders, it kinda has been already answered.
Yet the other guy had something to contribute.

Chobski

Diamond
Reaction score
This was definitely not a necro as the person had some more information and more to contribute to the thread.

harry_malte

Spectator
Reaction score
You can step down to a geforce gtx 660 but if you want to record a 670 or a 770 will do the job. If you want to do more research just type in on youtube the card and then minecraft sharders test eg. geforce gtx 660 minecraft shaders. one last thing 60 fps is more than enough. so don't aim for more.:)

us with 660: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3j7Gq

us with 670: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3j7Ep
Note:this card has 4gb of ram rather than 2gb so multi monitor might work

Note: if you live in europe remeber to add 20 % vat to the price when converting into pound and euro o_O

Last edited:

Ordies

Experienced
Reaction score
You can step down to a geforce gtx 660 but if you want to record a 670 or a 770 will do the job. If you want to do more research just type in on youtube the card and then minecraft sharders test eg. geforce gtx 660 minecraft shaders. one last thing 60 fps is more than enough. so don't aim for more.:)

us with 660: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3j7Gq

us with 670: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3j7Ep
Note:this card has 4gb of ram rather than 2gb so multi monitor might work

Note: if you live in europe remeber to add 20 % vat to the price when converting into pound and euro o_O
Using 760 2 GB working fine.

Professor Nub

Platinum
Reaction score
I have a 4550 and a GTX660 and I can run everything on max with GLSL shaders No motion at around 60fps. So an i5 and a 660 or above will do fine.

GreenThunder666

Spectator
Reaction score
I use a GTX 750 Ti (SuperClocked, 2GB), and able to run a moderate 60 fps while recording in 1080p with Fancy graphics and a normal render. So, i'd recommend it. Although, you would need OptiFine to run it at that frame at Fancy graphics. If you don't, it's atleast 45 fps for me.

Manos

Diamond
Reaction score
I've got a 4790k (4ghz) and a 770 and I run seus at max with optifine (far render) at 80-90 fps whilst recording.

DerpyDash11

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I use a GTX 750 Ti (SuperClocked, 2GB), and able to run a moderate 60 fps while recording in 1080p with Fancy graphics and a normal render. So, i'd recommend it. Although, you would need OptiFine to run it at that frame at Fancy graphics. If you don't, it's atleast 45 fps for me.
You're such a necrooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMGGG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci