• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SG5 is now released on MCSG!

Big Mike 4

Survivor
Reaction score
It's pretty hard to make a snow based maps attractive. I find SG1 to be butt ugly and an overall horrible map in general, yet most people seem to enjoy it. Still wondering why when the matches take up to 40 minutes.
Exactly.

toby22

District 13
Reaction score
Yay I love it corn is so epic I never thought of that idea

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's pretty hard to make a snow based maps attractive. I find SG1 to be butt ugly and an overall horrible map in general, yet most people seem to enjoy it. Still wondering why when the matches take up to 40 minutes.
Exactly

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
Sg4 and breeze still being overplayed... havent and probly wont play sg5 for a while.

Glitchy

Experienced
Reaction score
Just watching the video it looks amazing, can't wait to try it. :D

Llahud

Survivor
Reaction score
Okay, even though I helped make the map, i'd like to share my opinion on Sg5.
Compared to sg4, I think sg5 is a huge imrovement. I think the overall gameplay and visuals are far superior to any map we have built yet, besides sg2. I have noticed a lot of people complaining that the map is too bland and grey. Survival games is meant to be realsitic. If New York was struck by an hurrendous snow storm,this is what it would look like. I also don't feel that bland in this case is bad. I love the fact that you can spot people from miles away. This is what a snow styled apocalypse would look like, empty, deserted and barren. I don't know what all the people complaining were expecting. Plus, due to increased visability, you shouldnt really have any problems finding chest etc...
In TeamVareide, I was the designer and builder of the corn, and I appreciate the positive feedback. However, there is nothing I can do about NCP pulling you back. We/I had no idea that would happen, it happened to me today and it was extremely annoying, yes. I saw someone complaining about 'It's too hard to run through the snow'. What do you honestly expect? Have you ever tried running through deep snow, its not easy. You could argue that this is minecraft, not real life, but we aim to make survival games as realistic as possible.
People complaining that its ugly, in our defence it isnt easy to decorate a snow based map. I appreciate most people who criticise the map, with deep, valid reasons. However, people that announce that they now hate the map, even though they have only had the time to play it atmost 5 times, without any reasons as to why they hate it, I do not understand. Everytime we release a map, we get a ton of hate on it, for example; When sg4 was released, I was surprised how many people were raging about it on the forums, then after a week or two its the most played map with breeze island. So i personally believe the hate will die down.
Please do not think I am biast towards this map due to me being a part of TeamVareide, I am giving my honest opinion on it.
I feel now that SG is all about the pvp, and not about the 'surviving' which is a shame:(. It's why I got into SG. When I first joined, I used to absolutely love the aspect of survival which was present in the earlier maps. Now maps like breeze island and sg4 have won over the majority of players, it no longer excists. I feel people don't appreciate bigger, more in depth maps such as sg5, sg2, sg3 and Teweran. And thats why pvp based maps such Breeze are liked more amongst the community. But I seem to be the only person who has this opinion, and I'm going off topic so i'll wrap up this response!:p

Man, I feel like that G33k3 guy after writing all this xD.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci