• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SG5 is now released on MCSG!

Billa

District 13
Reaction score
Do you guys realise that there are snow half slabs in there 0_0

It seems like people don't like it because it is too laggy.

Get optifine and change your graphics/performance.
[I have only played 3 games, and I have won all 3]
Optifine doesn't help everyone. -_-

BlazeFort

Survivor
Reaction score
I don't like it, in fact I think it's even worse than breeze island which was my least favorite when it was released. Reason? It's too laggy and its basically map 2 but instead of vines everywhere, its snow. And the snow is so annoying. I can't run on the landscape because of the weird half snow blocks everywhere. Its really hard to move around for this reason and the fact that most of the map is like this. The ONLY thing I liked is the hole in corn to jump into. However, we have seen the tunnel system before and I didn't like it then or now. Overall 2 thumbs down. Sorry for blatantly despising Team Vareide's hard work but this map is more aesthetic than useful/ fun. Where it should be the other way around. I'd rather play SG on map 1 because it was simple and fun this one is pretty, but boring...

sabshupe101

Career
Reaction score
That is so... AMAZING! I never got to see the whole map since I'm always on tiny. :(
Great job, Team Vareide! Hope you guys can create more!

This map looks like it was from the movie "2012"

Eagle37

Tribute
Reaction score
Wow Survival Games 5 looks amazing! Great work Team Variede! I loved the music too!

juanhbk1

Experienced
Reaction score
I don't like it, in fact I think it's even worse than breeze island which was my least favorite when it was released. Reason? It's too laggy and its basically map 2 but instead of vines everywhere, its snow. And the snow is so annoying. I can't run on the landscape because of the weird half snow blocks everywhere. Its really hard to move around for this reason and the fact that most of the map is like this. The ONLY thing I liked is the hole in corn to jump into. However, we have seen the tunnel system before and I didn't like it then or now. Overall 2 thumbs down. Sorry for blatantly despising Team Vareide's hard work but this map is more aesthetic than useful/ fun. Where it should be the other way around. I'd rather play SG on map 1 because it was simple and fun this one is pretty, but boring...
Maybe it's hard to run because of the deep snow that has ated over the centuries?

Nadarekyle

Career
Reaction score
Failed miserably twice, redownloaded optifine for 1.4.6, teamed up with TimeSpaceWarrior, he jumped down the center hole chasing after the other guy in deathmatch with us, they both got lightning-ed to death, I chortled. :3

CrowHH

Tribute
Reaction score
I like the map, but I do get big lagspikes if I don't play on render distance short. The corn is great! But I found several chest I think should be tier 2 chests, actually the only tier 2 chests I found was in the corn. Maybe they just haven't been able to mark out all tier 2 chests. And the empty skyscrapers bug me.

I've noticed I like the smaller and simpler maps like Breeze, SG4, SG1 and Solar frost more than the big ones with big buildings and structures like SG2, 3 and 5.

So it's a decent map, but there is better ones to play.

Big Mike 4

Survivor
Reaction score
Also the corn is retarded. You can even craft at deathmatch.

Unless you want to jump down a hole and have no room to fight at all.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Failed miserably twice, redownloaded optifine for 1.4.6, teamed up with TimeSpaceWarrior, he jumped down the center hole chasing after the other guy in deathmatch with us, they both got lightning-ed to death, I chortled. :3
Similar thing happened to me, but much more epic.

So the deathmatch starts and I have full leather armour except the boots (no boots). The other 2 guys are the ones that got the corn and they are a fairly skilled team. So, one of them jumps down, gets struck by lightning, I jump in, and kill him with an annoying amount of ease (not a single bit of damage). So the other guy jumps down to get me while I'm sorting through my inventory to get his stuff, and attacks me while we are both getting struck by lightning. I'm down to half a heart, and kill him. They both had 5.5-6 armour points and iron swords, while I had my 3 armour points and stone axe :)

Also the corn is retarded. You can even craft at deathmatch.

Unless you want to jump down a hole and have no room to fight at all.
Actually, I like the cornucopia. If you want to craft, do it before deathmatch. And if you jump down the hole, you get struck by lightning anyways so it's bad to do that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci