• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Reducing wait time between games... The solutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImmobileLizard

Survivor
Reaction score
Idea 1:
Alternate idea 2:
In the lobby, have a command /votestart that when issued, each player is given an option to accept or deny. If more than half of the players accept, start the game immediately.
I can just see it now trolls starting a game with 37/48 people or 11/24... what im trying to say is people need time to join or relog

sam bryant

Spectator
Reaction score
Idea 1:
Consolidate all servers into us.mcsg.in and eu.mcsg.in. Have an auto queuing system that forwards people to servers that have open slots.

Idea 2:
In between games, automatically start a game in 10 seconds if the server has 24 people in it. The 4 minute lobby wait is extremely long and boring.

Alternate idea 2:
In the lobby, have a command /votestart that when issued, each player is given an option to accept or deny. If more than half of the players accept, start the game immediately.
or maybe have every game start on the hour

Shak

Spectator
Reaction score
In that 5 minutes is when people leave and new people join. If you just start it would be the same people every game.

Haydenw37

Survivor
Reaction score
idea 1: who here would sit at the computer waiting for a spot to open, especially if everyone else has already been sorted into servers with the shortest available wait period, i would definately not wait around with absolutely nothing to do while 'queuing' for the servers.

idea 2: as mentioned above the issue is if no-one leaves then its the same people and others miss out on potentially joining the games, however i do agree that some kind of auto start would be nice, but unfortunately there are too many downsides to the implementation of said system.

Armadillomaster

Spectator
Reaction score
Guys, if you had 5 mins before you had to go, what would you do on the internet? 5 mins of playing a random flash player game, or checking your emails or something isn't gonna kill you. Just do something in your browser!

Awopcxet

Experienced
Reaction score
On those 5 minutes i use to get a team and just having fun, joking in skype and getting a good tactic.
It's the second best thing of this server :D

sovca

Tribute
Reaction score
Having a way to force game start, or reduce countdown time when the server's full would be brilliant. It's a pain waiting 5 minutes between games when the server's full anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci