• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

(READ) New Leaderboard System Proposal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean

District 13
Reaction score
The leaderboards in any game will always be about how much you play. Skill is certainly still involved to a large degree though. The issue with the current system in place is that the time needed to even compete to get to the top is absolutely absurd. It now takes more time than skill to reach it, and it shouldn't be that way.

I understand that you wasting 4 weeks would be frustrating. I'd be frustrated and annoyed also, but you'd have to take some of the good from it also. You became much more skilled through your trials, and you'd be entering the new leaderboard system with those skills earned, with the possibility that you could be the new #1.

Sean I understand your pros and negative list completely. I appreciate the opinions. I think instead of the upper staff shunning away the idea of MCSG being extremely competitive, they need to embrace it and provide the extra push for it, by supporting it completely. It's a crucial time, as no other servers have ever implemented something like this, and if they did it first, it could turn out for the better.
Yes you do have a point. If no other community has taken on board the idea it could lead to an increase in users which is always a good thing. Also it is true that mcsg has the most competitive SG scene on Minecraft and it has always been this way. I am actually going to bring this topic up in the next staff meeting and see if I can get more opinions about it because it seems like a cool idea. Also for people that have gotten bored of mcsg/ old players this could be a reason to come back and enjoy it again. Looking back overall the positives out weigh the negatives.

Freshly

District 13
Reaction score
I like the idea, definitely should get the staffs attention :p

SniperSnakez

District 13
Reaction score
I like it! The only thing that could be a thing, is the user got to choose if they wanted the M/T/S, becase some people might not want to get try-harded. Otherwise, I WANT THIS A THING!!!!

Blazerboy | Noah

District 13
Reaction score
would you still be willing to put in some sort of /records command where you can still see all the wins you've achieved throughout your time? as in, the amount of weekly wins you achieve when reset has no affect on your all-time records?

C0nsole

Diamond
Reaction score
First things first, I really like most things about this suggestion, but I do have a few things to comment on.

Now, it was released recently by Chad that the server will soon be offering individual stat resets for a small price. If, for any reason, everyone on the server's stats were reset any time soon, it would completely ruin the administration's plans to sell stat resets. For this reason, I doubt they would be looking to implement these suggestions any time soon.

Additionally, I actually don't agree with the timed stat resets, I feel that Monthly or Yearly resets would occur too often, and actually give players less of a reason to strive to be on top, knowing their work will be much less recognized very soon. I feel that the administration should wait until the leaderboards get to a state like the one they are in now; One where it would be nearly impossible for a brand-new or even just slightly newer player would have any chance of reaching an ideal position without "no-lifing". When a point like this is reached, they should give a fair warning to the players, telling them when the next stat reset was, and only do these once every 1.5-2 years, when the community is ready.

P.S. Sorry if my thoughts are a bit jumbled here, very tired this evening :p

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
This is extremely well-written, however, I'd suggest an eternal leaderboard, in addition to this. I wouldn't want to make it centerstage, but I feel as if it should still be there.
I'd want some kind of leaderboards that would still be able to go. I still never got that 200 wins, and while I kinda doubt I'll ever get it now, I'd certainly never get to 200 wins ever if I lost my progress now.

Blamph

District 13
Reaction score
This is extremely well-written, however, I'd suggest an eternal leaderboard, in addition to this. I wouldn't want to make it centerstage, but I feel as if it should still be there.
Thanks man! And definitely. I forgot to actually add that. I'll toss that in the main paragraph in a moment.

I like it! The only thing that could be a thing, is the user got to choose if they wanted the M/T/S, becase some people might not want to get try-harded. Otherwise, I WANT THIS A THING!!!!
Yup! This is why just like the pets option that Plat. donors have, where you can hide your pets if you have one, you can also hide your rewards if you choose to. Having a separate option like this also helps if you have multiple that you want to choose through.

Chiller4

District 13
Reaction score
All of this seems like such a great idea, but I don't know how some people will feel. I know that if I was someone who worked for a solid week to get my first ever win, and then just see it wiped away, that would be so saddening. I know that there are still the other leaderboards to look at, but some people might feel like their hard work amounts to nothing after a reset.

Bamber

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
YESSSSS PLS!!

This would be amazing!!! With this idea, players like me (who have only recently gotten good at the game and spent a good 1,000 games being a noob) will actually have a chance up there with the big shots!!!

You always hear names like Gravey4rd, Huahwi, Noah, Devilic, darkrai, etc. being the best of the best, the most talented in the community.
But that's not necessarily true! You've got players like BomBashious that are amazing PVPers and aren't top tier in the leaderboards! (Well, he is around the 80s, but whatever. He's the only talented PVPer I could think about that isn't in the top 10)

This will give everyone a chance to get in the top, to have everyone recognize your skill!!!

I can already imagine myself tryharding the leaderboards for a month, getting to #1, and putting a screenshot on my signature and lots of other things. I mean, it's almost impossible for players that are talented to even TRY to reach the top. (Unless they're no-lifes living in their mother's basements.....)

BUT WITH THIS, THERE IS A WAY!!!

A GREAT WAY!!

AN AMAZING WAY!!!

CHAD FRICKIN DUNBAR AND DEVELOPERSSS ADD THISSSS PLS RIGHT NOOOOOOWWWWWW!!

(Sry about that....I got kinda energetic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci