• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Punishing for "like boosting"? - Community opinion

Do you agree on the current situation of people getting banned and likes removed for that?

• Total voters

Gule

District 13
Reaction score
Like Boosting is when you get one or multiple people, or even yourself to like your posts. The reason why its punishable is because there is a leaderboard (sort of) on the forums where it shows players with the most likes and it gives pride to a lot of players knowing they may be one of the most popular players on the forums/server. When people like boost its taking positions of some/multiple people on that leaderboard bringing them down while in reality that person may not have too many likes
The Leaderboard: http://www.mcgamer.net/members/?type=likes
or
I don't think people's popularity comes by the like leaderboard to be honest.

Hovic

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I am just here cause my exams are almost over and I am a forum no lifer. YAY

Reaction score
I don't think people's popularity comes by the like leaderboard to be honest.
Not always but it does make the player who has high votes feel popular.
Would you not if you have had over 1000 likes? Its like subscribers on youtube/getting likes on youtube. You know that people are liking your content and they want to see more.
And even on youtube you can get your account suspended for bot liking, bot disliking, bot subscribing <-- "Bot" is the same thing as boost".

N

Nikola

Not always but it does make the player who has high votes feel popular.
Would you not if you have had over 1000 likes? Its like subscribers on youtube/getting likes on youtube. You know that people are liking your content and they want to see more.
And even on youtube you can get your account suspended for bot liking, bot disliking, bot subscribing <-- "Bot" is the same thing as boost".
Yeah however I feel like liking someone's content and constantly spamming someone is a different thing doe.

Liking someone's posts ex: 20-30 posts isn't like spamming.

>> A guy with 1000 likes gets 10-20 likes per day so that's not spamming in a way even doe I've been told if I like someone's posts over 15 times I will be punished.. by a staff member on TS. When you join the forums and all of a sudden you have 4000 likes it's a complete different story I feel like that should be punishable but firstly there's no such rule in the rule section, there's no detail in that rule (how many times can you like someone's post etc).

I feel like the staff we're like "Meh let's add a rule ¯\_(ツ)_/¯"

TwistedRain

Platinum
Reaction score
If someone uses multiple Alts to boost their profile then they will be punished and Sr staff have the right to be suspicious if a post is receiving multiple likes at a time. Even getting your friends to use Alts to like your posts is punishable, I totally agree with this thread in some ways but if you use Alts and tell your friends to use Alts and their accounts then it gives an unfair advantage to people to want to earn their likes. Also if a sr staff member says it is not allowed then you shouldn't do it.

Reaction score
Yeah however I feel like liking someone's content and constantly spamming someone is a different thing doe.

Liking someone's posts ex: 20-30 posts isn't like spamming.

>> A guy with 1000 likes gets 10-20 likes per day so that's not spamming in a way even doe I've been told if I like someone's posts over 15 times I will be punished.. by a staff member on TS. When you join the forums and all of a sudden you have 4000 likes it's a complete different story I feel like that should be punishable but firstly there's no such rule in the rule section, there's no detail in that rule (how many times can you like someone's post etc).

I feel like the staff we're like "Meh let's add a rule ¯\_(ツ)_/¯"
Never heard about the rule about liking someone's post over 15 times a day ;-; Usually "like boosting" should be punished if you like the same post multiple times. If its on different posts I don't think its punishable since the staff member cannot prove that you actually don't like the content or your intentions in liking the post. I may be wrong but that's my part, was never told that players can get punished for liking a persons post more than 15 times a day (assuming you meant that each post is different)

Renoilj

Career
Reaction score
If someone uses multiple Alts to boost their profile then they will be punished and Sr staff have the right to be suspicious if a post is receiving multiple likes at a time. Even getting your friends to use Alts to like your posts is punishable, I totally agree with this thread in some ways but if you use Alts and tell your friends to use Alts and their accounts then it gives an unfair advantage to people to want to earn their likes. Also if a sr staff member says it is not allowed then you shouldn't do it.
I do agree that also getting friends to use alts to like your stuff should be forbidden. And even asking friends to like all your stuff isn't okay, and a bit sad tbh.
But the thing is that noone should tell me what I Can like and what not. Just because Sr. Staff says it doesn't mean it's right. That's what I try to stress with this thread. I'm stating my own opinion by liking things. And this is my right. But unfortunately Sr. Staff is deleting people's likes without alt accounts lik boosting them. Some people only liked a lot of there content and they should be allowed to. This is what I want to stop by bringing to public attention.
Thanks for your reply! :)

Ronann

Experienced
Reaction score
Who do the likes affect? Nobody except the person it self. So no lol

Stephanie

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Like unless you are using alts or getting friends to get likes, in order to get to the most liked page(which you still need over 7000 likes) it really shouldn't be a rule on how much someone likes someones content. The person getting the likes shouldn't be affected, because it's not like they ask people to like stuff, sometimes it just happens.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci