• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

PSA: Stats Resets and You

Wyz

Diamond
Reaction score
But moderators can reset their stats for free, and even multiple times, we should also be able to reset multiple times.. I could just apply for mod and get free stat resets, couldn't I? And everyone on the forums has said this a million times: Moderators are not getting any prizes for their work, because applying for mod is optional.. If it's for test purposes, I understand, but why do you let them reset multiple times?!

Dave | Rev

Platinum
Reaction score
But moderators can reset their stats for free, and even multiple times, we should also be able to reset multiple times.. I could just apply for mod and get free stat resets, couldn't I? And everyone on the forums has said this a million times: Moderators are not getting any prizes for their work, because applying for mod is optional.. If it's for test purposes, I understand, but why do you let them reset multiple times?!
Getting mod isnt easy, let only not getting demoted, if the only reason you are applying is for a free stats reset.

Wyz

Diamond
Reaction score
Getting mod isnt easy, let only not getting demoted, if the only reason you are applying is for a free stats reset.
That was just an example, I'm not applying anytime soon, but the thing is that I've seen Sr. Staff say multiple times that you aren't getting any prizes for being a mod, so why are they getting infinite number of resets?

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
As far as I know (Don't quote me on this) In-game experience is not relevant. I used to know of people with less than 20 games played who applied for Moderator and got to the Interview stage, so I don't think it really matters as long as your application is sufficient.
My logic is that seeing as moderator applicants need no experience on the Forums (Seriously, some mods have 0 public posts.) I see no reason why in-game experience should be any different. I understand that you may need to know what hacks look like and whatnot, but that's what training is for, right? Also, if the Moderator is incompetent overall, then they should not be hired in the first place, and actually they shouldn't bother applying if they don't even know what they're looking for - they might just make a fool out of themselves.
Similarly, as I stated above, with the forums, a Moderator with no posts on these forums doesn't mean they have no idea what they're doing. If they have past experiences as staff members on other servers, odds are they should at least have some experience with server websites. (Although personally, it ticks me off when I see a Mod with 0 posts, but that's just an opinion.)
There are a lot of things that go into consideration when you apply for mod and yes, you must be active in-game.
Moderators have limit of one stat reset a day.
Won't this be breaking eula?
No, we have already figured this out. You can check the official thread here: EULA THREAD.

Edog

Platinum
Reaction score
I'm so paranoid someone will reset my stats... and i know there is the extra security on it, but still ;-;

Kinify

Platinum
Reaction score
It would be nice if Platinum ranks get to reset their stats once for free after all we are the highest donor rank and we did spend $100 on the server. :)

Wyz

Diamond
Reaction score
Moderators have limit of one stat reset a day.
Wow, that really changes the deal, still free resets once a day. Please explain why moderators are getting these priviledges, though the Sr. Staff has said that there will be none for moderators..

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
Since iron donor is $2, wouldn't buying iron donor then getting a premium stats reset cost $7 while the normal stat reset is $10?
There were quite a few users who did that during that brief sale. They knew the rules and ran the numbers, and they used that to their advantage. I approved of their thrift (now if only they used those smarts to PvP better so they wouldn't need that reset in the first place...).

I'm so paranoid someone will reset my stats... and i know there is the extra security on it, but still ;-;
There will always be fear of worst-case scenarios, but just remind yourself that the probability of worst-case scenarios happening is, by definition, quite low. You're fine.

That does bring up the point that people claim that they'll reset Gravey4rd's stats. I laugh when people threaten to do that, usually right before I ban them. So far, 0 successful attempts.

Wow, that really changes the deal, still free resets once a day. Please explain why moderators are getting these priviledges, though the Sr. Staff has said that there will be none for moderators..
It's pretty well documented that the moderators are granted perks to thank them for their service; it's an incentive to keep them sane in a pretty insane position. From priority joining to weighted votes, Mods basically have all of the perks available for players to earn. The important distinction (and likely those "prizes" the Sr. Staff member was referring to) was that they don't get any non-moderation perks that players wouldn't otherwise be able to gain; they will not get any perks that players cannot earn themselves, so long as those perks are not meant for moderation purposes.

It was also Chad's decision. If you want to argue with him, go ahead.

But if you want to earn a stats reset by going through a multi-week application process with a ~5% acceptance rate followed by training and a strict regimen of public service which requires high levels of responsibility and confrontation... be my guest; I'd rather just pay the $5.

Will your donor rank be deleted too if you purchase this?
Nope, your Premium rank will not be touched. Why you'd want to spend money to remove something you already spent even more money for is beyond me.

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
There were quite a few users who did that during that brief sale. They knew the rules and ran the numbers, and they used that to their advantage. I approved of their thrift (now if only they used those smarts to PvP better so they wouldn't need that reset in the first place...).

There will always be fear of worst-case scenarios, but just remind yourself that the probability of worst-case scenarios happening is, by definition, quite low. You're fine.

That does bring up the point that people claim that they'll reset Gravey4rd's stats. I laugh when people threaten to do that, usually right before I ban them. So far, 0 successful attempts.

It's pretty well documented that the moderators are granted perks to thank them for their service; it's an incentive to keep them sane in a pretty insane position. From priority joining to weighted votes, Mods basically have all of the perks available for players to earn. The important distinction (and likely those "prizes" the Sr. Staff member was referring to) was that they don't get any non-moderation perks that players wouldn't otherwise be able to gain; they will not get any perks that players cannot earn themselves, so long as those perks are not meant for moderation purposes.

It was also Chad's decision. If you want to argue with him, go ahead.

But if you want to earn a stats reset by going through a multi-week application process with a ~5% acceptance rate followed by training and a strict regimen of public service which requires high levels of responsibility and confrontation... be my guest; I'd rather just pay the $5.

Nope, your Premium rank will not be touched. Why you'd want to spend money to remove something you already spent even more money for is beyond me.
Thanks for the clarification Col :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci