• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

PSA: Stats Resets and You

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
Stats Resets and You
Written by the staff of MCGamer

Recently, the community received an item which it has been requesting for quite some time: the ability to reset your own MCSG statistics.

Stats have been held as an empirical marker for the community to compare skills between players. Stats were especially important to those who were apply for clans, as the easy access to the number of wins and number of total games played became an indicator of skill and a qualification for most clans. However, not everyone was pleased with their numbers, and they often sought ways to quickly and easily improve them. Alternate accounts were often used as stats resets, but buying new accounts to merely improve a set of numbers was expensive and overkill, and such access to alts often created a separate set of problems.

Chad and the developers recently got down to work figuring out a workable system for stats resets. After a few weeks of work, stats resets were finished and available to be rolled out to the community.

For security reasons, this new feature requires two factor authentication to prevent unwanted removal of stats. Worries that have arose in the planning include "trolls" buying resets for random people who may not want a reset. Our solution to this potentially devastating issue was to implement a layer of security after the purchase via Buycraft. Before the stat reset occurs, the player is required to confirm or decline their stat reset, resolving the issue of unwanted resets.

For those interested in resetting their stats, you should visit the MCGamer webstore. The Stats Reset costs $9.99 for regular players and $4.99 for Premium-ranked players.

What does it do?
Stat resets will allow players within the MCGamer community to reset their current stats to the original default state (sans the point value) at a small cost. The games won, games played, kills, chests, and lives categories will be changed to zero. However it does not change the amount of points you have.

For example:
Before :

After :

Please Note: Once you proceed with your stat reset, there is NO going back! Be sure to keep that in mind when purchasing the reset, as stats resets cannot be undone under normal circumstances.

*If you did not purchase the stat reset, and you believe it could have been bought for you with the intent to purposely make you reset your stats against your will, make sure to email [email protected] .*

How do I Reset My Stats?
Resetting your stats is easy, but be sure to follow all of the instructions stated.

The Stats Reset system operates on a two-factor authentification. As such, we've broken the instructions for resetting your stats into two parts: Purchasing your Stats Reset, and Redeeming your Stats Reset.
  • If you have yet to purchase your Stats Reset, please click on, "Instructions for Purchasing your Stats Reset".
  • If you have already purchased your Stats Reset but have not redeemed it in-game, please click on, "Instructions for Redeeming your Stats Reset".
1. Go to http://shop.mcgamer.net .

2. Click on the “Reset Your Stats” tab at the top of the page.

3. Enter your username EXACTLY how it appears in game, including letter capitalization. Minecraft is case-sensitive, so if you enter your name in incorrectly, it may not work. If you have accidentally made a purchase with an incorrect name, and your purchase has not appeared after 24 hours, you will have to contact the support email here: [email protected] .

4. Select the correct package that is relevant to your rank in game and the gamemode you would like to reset your stats in. Remember it will NOT work if you choose incorrectly.

Note that the Premium ranks are discounted. Those are reserved for players whom already own a currently-active Premium rank on our servers (Iron, Gold, Diamond, Platinum). If you are not a Premium-ranked player and you do try to purchase a Premium Stats Reset, you will receive an error stating you are not allowed to make that purchase.

Also, be aware that the Stats Resets are specific to a single game. MCSG Stats Reset only apply to MCSG. QQ Stats Reset only apply to Quarter Quell. SGC Stat Reset only apply to Survival Games Classic.

5. Go to your cart and fill in all the required billing information.

6. Choose your payment method. This can either be paypal, card or payment wall.

7. Fill in your PayPal/PaymentWall information.

8. Please continue onto the, "Instructions for Redeeming".

1. Go in game and use the command "/upgrades" without the quotation marks.
Code:
/upgrades
Keep in mind it may take up to 24 hours to come through. If nothing is there after 24 hours, contact [email protected].

2. Do "/upgrade [Upgrade #]". In this case, you would do "/upgrade 1".
Code:
/upgrades 1
You should see this message. If you do not, you should also contact the support address.

3. Your stats are officially reset! When you use /stats it should show up like so:

Congratulations, your stats have now been reset!

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Won't this allow other players to forcefully reset other peoples' stats? People would be able to reset the wins of people they don't like!
A: That is simply not possible with our two factor authentication. No third party will be able to reset someone's stats on their own, and all stats resets require the user to approve their own stats reset. If someone threatens to reset your stats, they are utterly oblivious of the system and should be reported to a member of staff as a reward for threatening another player.

Q: Help! I didn't receive my stats reset, what do I do now?
A: In case you haven't, please wait 24 hours for the purchase to activate it. If it has been more than 24 hours, please email [email protected] and explain the situation. Don’t forget to include your MC account name and proof of purchase.

Q: Why do the Premium Stats Resets cost different from the regular Stats Resets?
A: While the resets themselves differ in price alone, the discount is a perk that Premium-ranked players get for their contribution.

Q: If I bought the wrong Stats Reset package, is there a way for me to get the right package?
A: That depends.
If you bought a reset for the wrong gametype, please contact [email protected] . They can handle everything, so long as your reset is not redeemed.
If you purchased a non-Premium reset when you meant to purchase a Premium reset, that constitutes a user error. Because it is a user error, such a package is nonrefundable. You've been warned.

Q: The shop isn't working! How can I buy a stats reset now?
A: Try to use the direct link : shop.mcgamer.net. If that doesn't work, please e-mail [email protected]

Q: I reset my stats once, but now my ratio is even worse! Do I need to buy another Stats Reset?
A: Yes. Stats Resets are only valid for one reset per Stats Reset purchase. As such, if you wish to reset your stats twice, you need to purchase a total of two stats resets.

Q: I reset my stats, but I didn't mean to! Is there any way for me to undo a stats reset?
A: At the current time, reverting stats resets is not allowed (except in exceptional cases, such as compromised accounts or a glitch). You are warned and told to be careful with resetting your stats, and such an act should always be treated as final.

Q: Is it true that a VIP once accidentally reset his own stats?
A: Yes. It was embarrassing, but we got everything resolved.

Q: Will buying a stats reset unban me?
A: No, you’ll never be able to pay to get unbanned. Why would a stats reset even do that?

Q: I accidentally unconfirmed a stat reset I paid for. What should I do?
A: You should email [email protected].

UPDATE: 6/23/2014
Just a heads up:
I just got done with a few support emails, and two of them claim that their accounts were reset "without reason". However, with a little research, I found out that they may have been sharing their accounts with someone else.

As stated in a previous PSA, sharing your accounts is basically a big no-no. And here's another reason why sharing your account puts you at risk: the person with whom you share your account could reset the stats of your account without your knowledge or consent. And in matters like that, we have no choice but to say, "sorry, but our system was working properly while you were the one doing the risky act, so the reset is final."

Just don't share accounts. Just don't.

Last edited:

Tryhard_Batman

Diamond
Reaction score
Quick question: If you have over 1k plus games played, then you rest your stats, will the Sr. Staff be able to see how many games you've played and how experienced you are? (In regards to applications)

demonsushi

District 13
Reaction score
thank you for this PSA! very helpful and informative. I still won't buy it, don't have any money :D

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Quick question: If you have over 1k plus games played, then you rest your stats, will the Sr. Staff be able to see how many games you've played and how experienced you are? (In regards to applications)
As far as I know (Don't quote me on this) In-game experience is not relevant. I used to know of people with less than 20 games played who applied for Moderator and got to the Interview stage, so I don't think it really matters as long as your application is sufficient.
My logic is that seeing as moderator applicants need no experience on the Forums (Seriously, some mods have 0 public posts.) I see no reason why in-game experience should be any different. I understand that you may need to know what hacks look like and whatnot, but that's what training is for, right? Also, if the Moderator is incompetent overall, then they should not be hired in the first place, and actually they shouldn't bother applying if they don't even know what they're looking for - they might just make a fool out of themselves.
Similarly, as I stated above, with the forums, a Moderator with no posts on these forums doesn't mean they have no idea what they're doing. If they have past experiences as staff members on other servers, odds are they should at least have some experience with server websites. (Although personally, it ticks me off when I see a Mod with 0 posts, but that's just an opinion.)

1qw3er5t6y

Career
Reaction score
Since iron donor is $2, wouldn't buying iron donor then getting a premium stats reset cost $7 while the normal stat reset is $10?

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
Since iron donor is $2, wouldn't buying iron donor then getting a premium stats reset cost $7 while the normal stat reset is $10?
It's not $2 anymore - that sale only lasted a week. But yes, it would've. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci