• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Playstation 4 or Xbox One?

BritishShoop

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
But my friends are getting it D: will I be able to play with them if I get a PS4 and they have an Xbox 1?
Sadly you wont, but I urge that you get them to research the Xbox one before they buy it, just so that they're ok with some of the restrictions they've decided to put in place

Otto

Diamond
Reaction score
I've always had Xbox , but when I read up about it I freaked out! Xbox has focused on "TV" and didn't do anything about gameplay, and so ps4 took their opportunity and DID focus on gameplay.

I'm switching to ps4

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
To be honest, there are not any major differences I see between the two consoles. Some people boast saying "This console has a higher-end processor than the other one...but...in reality...it does not matter due to the fact that when a company makes and/or develops a game that is going to be multi-platform, they have to make it run at the same resolution and FPS for both consoles. This leads to the game being only as good as the less-powerful console. I will admit, they do serve as ample 'all-in-one' entertainment systems. I might even pick one up this summer just for things like YouTube/Netflix etc.

Onto a far more important topic (In my opinion)
Consoles are holding back PC's... a LOT. As you may know, there are a ton more dedicated console players than PC players. For example, I play Black Ops II a lot with a few friends on the PC and we hardly see anyone play it anymore. If we were to hop onto console, we would see a near exponential amount of people in comparison. Because of this, game developers and companies usually release their games for console so they can make more money. Later, they will then 'port' the game over to PC. The problem with this is, the 'port' has the same graphical features as the console version. As we all know, consoles have been running on 7+ year old hardware so that has been bottlenecking PC's for nearly a decade. When they released the specs on the consoles, everyone at my school was going crazy. They were all talking about how powerful the consoles are. Little do they realize my personal PC is still leaps and bounds faster. On top of all of this, my PC has to run an entire operating system while running games.

In the end, if consoles were more frequently updated, PC games would look amazingly better. Unfortunately, this is yet to happen.

Kettler1337

Tribute
Reaction score
Neither, i prefer my pc and my cellphone... i'm a weird person, but my older brother has a PS2 though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci