• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Need to build a Gaming Pc! Under $1000

LilJ

Spectator
Reaction score
Well yeah, it could be a bit expensive, but the H60 is lovely aswell, however I'd rather go with the v8 or Noctua then the H60.

PanuterNut

Experienced
Reaction score
Water cooling is for a more niche computer builder. For your purposes and your budget I would recommend air cooling. It does just fine at the range of overclocking your doing. I have the Cooler Master Hyper N 520 Link--> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103057
During idle times, my computer stays at around 30 C. During peak performance I get temps around 65-70 C. Which is really good. Plus I only payed around $30 apposed to a $60+ water cooler. Now most 3rd party coolers do not come with thermal paste which is needed to create a thermal contact between your cooler and your CPU so make sure you invest in some high quality thermal paste.

PanuterNut

Experienced
Reaction score
This hasn't got to do with building a pc, but this is a pretty good gaming pc:

[link]

Lenovo build pretty sweet pc's
Thats pretty nice i must say. I dont really like AMD graphics cards though

Kikoo

Survivor
Reaction score
Ok dokey.
Cpu: 2500k
Mobo: Maximus v Gene
Gpu: Geforce gtx 560 ti
Ram: Corasir dominator GT 8gb 1866mhz
Psu: Corsair 850 gold
Case: Corsair carbide 500R case black
Hdd: Seagate 1tb something like that idk
Optical Drive: some crap lg one

Judging by what pan said I need a 3rd party cooler Ive decided Corsair H60
About the thermal paste? doesn't that come with the cpu?
Changeing my budget to $1500 no way can I build a computer this good for only 1000

Aeruner

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Judging by what pan said I need a 3rd party cooler Ive decided Corsair H60
About the thermal paste? doesn't that come with the cpu?
Changeing my budget to $1500 no way can I build a computer this good for only 1000
The H60 apparently has Dow Corning thermal paste pre-applied, so you should be fine there.

Andrew Barber

Spectator
Reaction score
Alienware is overpriced, half the money you spend is on the computer and the other half if is on the cute little alien at the front.
Not really, but you get my point.

He also clearly said that he wanted to built it himself.

Also, with "four intel i7 cores", do you mean just a regular i7 processor with 4 cores?
FINALLY SOMEONE NOTICES

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci