• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Need to build a Gaming Pc! Under $1000

willeb96

Tribute
Reaction score
By an Alienware X51 with four intel i7 cores <3
Alienware is overpriced, half the money you spend is on the computer and the other half if is on the cute little alien at the front.
Not really, but you get my point.

He also clearly said that he wanted to built it himself.

Also, with "four intel i7 cores", do you mean just a regular i7 processor with 4 cores?

PanuterNut

Experienced
Reaction score
Kikoo, I have built many computers and I am very experienced in building and putting together pc's. I currently have to pc's in line to be build including SomeMugger's. If you want advice poke me on teamspeak or send me a message. Good day sir.
-Pan

BikerboyAJC

Tribute
Reaction score
I love how you ask for help but then you are not telling me anything I asked for, and all I asked was what you want to be playing on it.

Kikoo

Survivor
Reaction score
Holy crap this thread went crazy
Well, what kind of gaming, and what games are you wanting to play?
Well lets start of with minecraft. Probably some first person shooters that are demanding and rpg games like wow and diablo

Just get a £400 dell inspiron, I never lag on any games.
Um sorry man the last dell inspiron I bought crashed out on me so then I got a mac
Well the basic parts needed to build a pc include;
CPU - Central processing unit
GPU - Graphics Processing Unit (Aka Graphics card)
RAM - Memory
Motherboard - The hub of the system
HDD - Hard drive <-
PSU - Power supply (Please don't buy cheap one's and wreck your rig)

Other parts;
Case
Operating system
Optical drives (DVD Drive etc)

Additional Extra's <3
Solid State Drive - SPEEEEEEEDDDDDD!
Yeah I know the comoponents dont really under stand sata and ssd and stuff
For the CPU I'd wait til early Q4 for the new 8350 piledriver release.
Speaking of waiting, I would wait for nvidia to release the GTX 660ti.
Might aswell wait probably wont build until late this year lol
By an Alienware X51 with four intel i7 cores <3
Hell no thats more overpriced then mac. And mac costs alot and I regret it
Kikoo, I have built many computers and I am very experienced in building and putting together pc's. I currently have to pc's in line to be build including SomeMugger's. If you want advice poke me on teamspeak or send me a message. Good day sir.
-Pan
Yeah Ill talk to you guys sometime about it but right now in Australia school is starting tomorrow. :(
I love how you ask for help but then you are not telling me anything I asked for, and all I asked was what you want to be playing on it.
Yeah well here you go

Cpu: Amd FX 8 core 3.6mhz OC to 4.1mhz
Motherboard: Asus Crosshair V Formula
Gpu: Nvidia Geforce 560ti
Ram: Corsair dominator Gt 8gb 1866mhz
Hdd: Not sure on this one find me one?
Psu: Just wondering how much watts do I really need? so far im going with Corsair AX850 Gold Power supply
Case: Corsair Carbide 500R case -Black

(Ok listen to this my friend had bought windows 7 64 bit and He installed entered the code and bam he was ready. One day during our TCC or Computer class we found the teachers notebook on the floor with windows keys on it xD There was about 30 of them So my friend pulled out his phone and copied every single one xD)

Anyways thanks for replying

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
The power supply is good if you plan on picking up another graphics card in the future. I would get an Intel Core i5 2500k. The 2500k is probably one of the most popular gaming processors out there. I have it and it is a great overclocker. It can reach speeds in excess of 4.6 ghz! Mine is running at 4ghz right now. Like I said, i would get a 6xx series card from nvidia as they are more powerful, quieter, and more efficient.

Kikoo

Survivor
Reaction score
About the Cpu isnt the amd better because it has 8 cores therefore faster??? And it says that the 2500k 3.3ghz and turbo 3.7ghz? and can you give me a link ti the 6xx series cards?

SixZoSeven

Reaction score
About the Cpu isnt the amd better because it has 8 cores therefore faster??? And it says that the 2500k 3.3ghz and turbo 3.7ghz? and can you give me a link ti the 6xx series cards?
No. Modern games do not use all 8 cores. Most use around 3 maybe 4 cores. The 2500k has beaten the amd fx cpu in most benchmarks.

Kikoo

Survivor
Reaction score
Ok I trust you your a mod xD Can you explain to me what exactly overclocking is? and do I have to change motherboard?

PanuterNut

Experienced
Reaction score
Overclocking is when you take the base megahertz frequency(Ex. 3.3mz) and you increase it by changing the settings on your motherboards main setting page called BIOS or EUFI (both do the same thing but look different. EUFI is pretty much a newer version) Overclocking makes the processor faster but you have to buy special CPU's that allow it to be overclocked. Take for instance the Intel Sandy Bridge i5 2500 series. There are two types standard and unlocked for overclocking. The unlocked versions(on intel chips) have a k at the end. i5 2500k means that it can be overclocked. And seconing what SixZo said the 2500k's are in my opinion a safe bet for an awesome chip. I have it as well OC to 4.2mhz. But just remember when going above the factory frequency you have to provide proper cooling. The stock fans that come with the chip do not suffice, so you will have to invest in a 3rd party cooler.

Kikoo

Survivor
Reaction score
Overclocking is when you take the base megahertz frequency(Ex. 3.3mz) and you increase it by changing the settings on your motherboards main setting page called BIOS or EUFI (both do the same thing but look different. EUFI is pretty much a newer version) Overclocking makes the processor faster but you have to buy special CPU's that allow it to be overclocked. Take for instance the Intel Sandy Bridge i5 2500 series. There are two types standard and unlocked for overclocking. The unlocked versions(on intel chips) have a k at the end. i5 2500k means that it can be overclocked. And seconing what SixZo said the 2500k's are in my opinion a safe bet for an awesome chip. I have it as well OC to 4.2mhz. But just remember when going above the factory frequency you have to provide proper cooling. The stock fans that come with the chip do not suffice, so you will have to invest in a 3rd party cooler.
Wow thanks! Makes sense now. and my mac 2.3ghz WELL IM GOING TO MAKE THAT TWICE AS FAST WHEN I GET MY BUILD :D
Can you give me a good 3rd party cooler to look into?

LilJ

Spectator
Reaction score
For liquid cooling I'd say go with the Antec Kuhler H2O 920.

And for air cooling something like the cooler master V8 or the Noctua NH serie.

SixZoSeven

Reaction score
For liquid cooling I'd say go with the Antec Kuhler H2O 920.

And for air cooling something like the cooler master V8 or the Noctua NH serie.
That water cooler is a bit too expensive for his budget. I would recommend he goes with something like the Corsair H60.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci