• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

My thoughts on Demon’s Breeze / Better Sprint Mod

I_love_desk

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I found this in another thread here:

Players with BSM can hit a player and continue sprinting, making it easier to chase a fleeing player. It also makes it easier to PVP, since you can move faster because you don't have to restart your sprint mid-battle.

Why would this be allowed, because after all, "Both optifine and BSM offer no substantive in-game advantage"
Because that was probably written before 1.7 came out. 1.7 sprint also allows you to crit a player and continue sprinting, even more so than BSM because your sprint doesn't break before you hit the ground. Again, in 1.7, you don't have to restart your sprint. The point is that BSM used to give a HUGE advantage, but not any more.

Chobski

Diamond
Reaction score
Staff is actually very aware that bsm does not allow you to sprintbackwards/sidewards in multiplayer. It has been discussed many times. So I am not sure where you got that information from.

Bsm is banned for one simple reason right now.. because it allows players to use 1.6.4 and bsm at the same time as optifine. It allows you to get all the advantages of new sprint on 1.7 without the lag of not having optifine. Staff has said it themselves that after bsm comes out for 1.7, they will re-look BSM and consider allowing bsm as long as it doesn't allow any added features that it didn't have in the past.

This however, will not happen at all probably until Mcsg itself goes SOLO for 1.7 and optifine comes out for 1.7. My one issue is.. why are people complaining so much about bsm being banned.. when they can simply just use 1.7.. and its pretty much already there for them... I don't get why it's making everyone rage... cept for those who are on 1.6.4 and wanting to cheat and use bsm..

As far as demons breeze.. I am actually very upset that this map is gone.. along with most others. The best thing we can all do is just vote in the poll section. That is the only chance we have.
I agree completely with your statement. People should stop complaining about not having a mod and just play minecraft with no hacks on MCSG.

I_love_desk

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Staff is actually very aware that bsm does not allow you to sprintbackwards/sidewards in multiplayer. It has been discussed many times. So I am not sure where you got that information from.

Bsm is banned for one simple reason right now.. because it allows players to use 1.6.4 and bsm at the same time as optifine. It allows you to get all the advantages of new sprint on 1.7 without the lag of not having optifine. Staff has said it themselves that after bsm comes out for 1.7, they will re-look BSM and consider allowing bsm as long as it doesn't allow any added features that it didn't have in the past.

This however, will not happen at all probably until Mcsg itself goes SOLO for 1.7 and optifine comes out for 1.7. My one issue is.. why are people complaining so much about bsm being banned.. when they can simply just use 1.7.. and its pretty much already there for them... I don't get why it's making everyone rage... cept for those who are on 1.6.4 and wanting to cheat and use bsm..

As far as demons breeze.. I am actually very upset that this map is gone.. along with most others. The best thing we can all do is just vote in the poll section. That is the only chance we have.
Really..? Does that mean that me having a good computer and therefore never getting lag and using 1.7 sprint means that I'm breaking the rules of the server?

jonnysurvives

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I found this in another thread here:

Players with BSM can hit a player and continue sprinting, making it easier to chase a fleeing player. It also makes it easier to PVP, since you can move faster because you don't have to restart your sprint mid-battle.

Why would this be allowed, because after all, "Both optifine and BSM offer no substantive in-game advantage"
Check the date of that thread babycakes.
Chad actually cited sprinting sideways and backwards in the announcement post that BSM could now be detected, but has since edited the post after everyone pointed out his mistake. You'll just have to trust me on this one.

I don't really get the argument of Optifine and BSM being OP. If we've already decided that Optifine is fine on the basis that the advantage it gives is small and is equivalent to having a good computer, why is it it suddenly too much when BSM is thrown into the mix?

jonnysurvives

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
We ALL need to stop talking about this mod for the time being. I can tell that it is leading to UNNECESSARY flame on the forums.

I have already requested a thread lock on this topic, I recommend that we all just discontinue this conversation or move it to a PM.
thanks!
Just saw this post, and are you kidding me? People discussing things with opposing views is not flaming; please learn the difference.

(Sorry for the double post, it doesn't fit in with the last one)

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
Really..? Does that mean that me having a good computer and therefore never getting lag and using 1.7 sprint means that I'm breaking the rules of the server?
Lol where in my post did I say that? Its a benefit you have from having a great computer.. no doubt. But its defo not breaking any rules? lol. You should of read my post a lil better..

Check the date of that thread babycakes.

Chad actually cited sprinting sideways and backwards in the announcement post that BSM could now be detected, but has since edited the post after everyone pointed out his mistake. You'll just have to trust me on this one.

I don't really get the argument of Optifine and BSM being OP. If we've already decided that Optifine is fine on the basis that the advantage it gives is small and is equivalent to having a good computer, why is it it suddenly too much when BSM is thrown into the mix?
Well optifine gives no pvp advantages whatsoever lol. And like I said.. after optifine for 1.7 is updated.. and mcsg goes to 1.7 only.. bsm will be considered being allowed.. because as you said.. it is almost 100% the same as 1.7 sprint. As far as chad.. he doesn't play mcsg much as we all know.. so I wouldn't expect him to know too much about bsm :p. At least not the details when using it on multiplayer.

Chobski

Diamond
Reaction score
I think you may have misread the message, reread it.

I_love_desk

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Lol where in my post did I say that? Its a benefit you have from having a great computer.. no doubt. But its defo not breaking any rules? lol. You should of read my post a lil better..

Well optifine gives no pvp advantages whatsoever lol. And like I said.. after optifine for 1.7 is updated.. and mcsg goes to 1.7 only.. bsm will be considered being allowed.. because as you said.. it is almost 100% the same as 1.7 sprint. As far as chad.. he doesn't play mcsg much as we all know.. so I wouldn't expect him to know too much about bsm :p. At least not the details when using it on multiplayer.
The point is that optifine increases frames, as does having a good computer. All the FPS advantages that it brings can be matched by the computer. The reason you state for it being banned is: "It allows you to get all the advantages of new sprint on 1.7 without the lag of not having optifine."

So with a good computer, I get no lag (like with optifine) and the new sprint. Any advantage that someone has due to having optifine and BSM can also be achieved with a good computer and 1.7. I'm not actually saying that I'm breaking the rules, but someone with optifine might still only get 20 frames. They still have no advantage over the good computer.

Moosh

Survivor
Reaction score
If this flame war get's out of hand, the thread will be locked. Please keep it friendly. Thanks a bunch :)

Philly67

Platinum
Reaction score

Both an Admin and Sr Mod have recently said that you are able to sprint backwards and sideways with BSM.
That's why people are questioning the staffs knowledge of hacked clients.

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
Both an Admin and Sr Mod have recently said that you are able to sprint backwards and sideways with BSM.
That's why people are questioning the staffs knowledge of hacked clients.
Lol this is just sad xD. I kinda expected players ranked that high.. to know more than non mods about hacked clients :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci