• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Moonlight Lake 2

lakerfuffle

Career
Reaction score
you shouldn't really tag chad, he looks through the maps when he can, and I am sure he would notice this. Personally I think moonlight lake 2 is too close in design to number 1 to be a seperate map.. would love to see this as a replacement map though
Yeah that's fine. But the popularity these maps have pretty much warrants them being accepted before something like Icarus or Chernobyl. If Moonlight Lake 1 is removed, fine. Like, I totally understood SG Highway's inclusion. That made sense.

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
Yeah that's fine. But the popularity these maps have pretty much warrants them being accepted before something like Icarus or Chernobyl. If Moonlight Lake 1 is removed, fine. Like, I totally understood SG Highway's inclusion. That made sense.
The maps are judged for Gameplay as well as looks, obviously the higher ups believed the gameplay of icarus and chernobyl warranted being accepted over this :/

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
There is a difference between being popular, and being good in terms of gameplay and quality, though.

lakerfuffle

Career
Reaction score
There is a difference between being popular, and being good in terms of gameplay and quality, though.
I know. But Chernobyl had, well, decent gameplay and quality. Then there's maps like Fallen Empire and SG5 and Survival Kingdom that have been proven time and time again to lag multiple people out from games or have awful glitches (mostly Fallen Empire). Yet, those maps are still here and cool maps like moonlight lake 2 aren't. :/

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
I know. But Chernobyl had, well, decent gameplay and quality. Then there's maps like Fallen Empire and SG5 and Survival Kingdom that have been proven time and time again to lag multiple people out from games or have awful glitches (mostly Fallen Empire). Yet, those maps are still here and cool maps like this aren't. :/
However, those maps are also of a high quality. The standards for maps shouldn't be lowered because a few people have computers that drop FPS on those maps.

lakerfuffle

Career
Reaction score
However, those maps are also of a high quality. The standards for maps shouldn't be lowered because a few people have computers that drop FPS on those maps.
I'm not even one of those people. But I'm not talking about fps drops, i'm talking about people completely lagging out, on sg5 and Survival Kingdom. And Fallen Empire is really not that high quality. Sorry if you're on Team Elite.

GuyK

District 13
Reaction score
you shouldn't really tag chad, he looks through the maps when he can, and I am sure he would notice this. Personally I think moonlight lake 2 is too close in design to number 1 to be a seperate map.. would love to see this as a replacement map though

I dont think this should be a replacement because there are a lot of differences between the first map and the second map . The only thing that stayed is the "Lake Idea" and the random creations . I think this map is way better than the first one and way more fun and exiting , but I still think people would like to play the first one sometimes . I tried to show that the "Moonlight Lake Series" has couple of sides , the first map showed the "calm side" of the series , this one shows the "wild side" . So in my opinion I dont think this should replace the first map :)

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Wasn't that the reason why Ancient Japan was removed? Because players got low fps?

lakerfuffle

Career
Reaction score
Wasn't that the reason why Ancient Japan was removed? Because players got low fps?
Exactly why. Some maps' playability is seriously lowered by fps drops across the board, and people can't just blow that off. Nonetheless this is off topic xD

Rhino1928

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Its essentially Moonlight Lake with some terraforming.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci