• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Minecraft 1.7 Rumored to have BSM built in?!

Should Minecraft 1.7 have BSM "built in"?

• Yes, because everyone will have it so its fair.

Votes: 74 52.9%
  • No because BSM is stupid and I hate it and its stooped and I hate it.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • DQ is pretty.

Votes: 40 28.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
the current sprint mechanics are above manageable.
For a lot of us, maybe...but for some others, it hardly works.

In the past, when I was looking into how BSM worked exactly and it's advantages over the default sprinting method, I learned something: Wobble sprint, the common bug everyone gets with sprinting, gets worse and worse on top of happening far more easily the higher your ping to a server. This means if you are in the US, and you try to sprint on an EU server, you're going to have a bad time, whereas on the US, it's just fine.

This means people with a terrible internet speed, or those who aren't as close to any particular location, will have a really tough time sprinting. Usually, these are the people with a lot of sprinting problems.

A bindable sprint will fix all these problems and make it more fair for everyone, as latency becomes less of a factor and sprint becomes less...stupid. Even I have my fair share of moments where the sprint just doesn't want to work for me how it really should have worked since the update that added sprinting. A good example of this was on yesterdays livestream, on solar frost, where, when I left Chad and his army to go grab gear, I ended up getting in a fight that I couldn't run from as my sprint kept breaking on the tiny, tiny bumps in the snow when I tried to sprint jump. (The only reason I can't stand solar frost anymore. :/)

Gravey4rd

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Easy for you to say, you've used it on the hive and are probably used to it.

Others like myself have never used it and it will take a while to get used to. :/

One thing I agree completely with you is BSM bans, thank god we don't have to go through that anymore. xD
That is why i said "it might take some time to get used to" :p

From my own experience with BSM on *cough hive cough* it really makes the gameplay less frustrating in the ways g33ke mentioned above. Also a fair 1vs1 where both players have BSM is really fast paced and if you are a skilled strafer you can do some amazing ninja stuff and not lose speed at all while attacking:p
If this new sprint acts the same way as BSM does, we will get much faster paced sword combat.

BSM gives a ridiculous advantage over players not using it (if used correctly) that is why i really would like this to be implemented in vanilla minecraft. We all get the same perfect sprint. Even if it will take some time to get used to, i think it will improve gameplay overall and most people will probably be happy about it after a while (i hope).

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
That is why i said "it might take some time to get used to" :p

From my own experience with BSM on *cough hive cough* it really makes the gameplay less frustrating in the ways g33ke mentioned above. Also a fair 1vs1 where both players have BSM is really fast paced and if you are a skilled strafer you can do some amazing ninja stuff and not lose speed at all while attacking:p
If this new sprint acts the same way as BSM does, we will get much faster paced sword combat.

BSM gives a ridiculous advantage over players not using it (if used correctly) that is why i really would like this to be implemented in vanilla minecraft. We all get the same perfect sprint. Even if it will take some time to get used to, i think it will improve gameplay overall and most people will probably be happy about it after a while (i hope).
aha. c:

I've never tried it so I wouldn't know, when hitting players does BSM (Or sprint toggle) stop when you actually hit them?

Oh Mojang... If only you just fixed wobble sprint instead of adding in a whole knew mechanic..

Gravey4rd

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
aha. c:

I've never tried it so I wouldn't know, when hitting players does BSM (Or sprint toggle) stop when you actually hit them?

Oh Mojang... If only you just fixed wobble sprint instead of adding in a whole knew mechanic..
It kinda is like a worse version of autosprint (the hack when they have particles below their feet while standing still) you cant sprint sideways or backwards and you need to sprint jump to move at full speed but other than that its pretty much free movement, attacking doesnt slow you down at all. basically you dont have to worry about sprinting at all, its there automatically for you xD However i think this new sprint feature wont be a toggle, it will probably be the typical COD style sprint. Example hold down left ctrl to sprint, the big question is if it will break on hit/collision.

Cubes

District 13
Reaction score
I wonder what will happen if 1.7 includes the features of BSM. Will BSM itself become an accepted mod, or will it just be completely obsolete? 1.7 might not include all the features of BSM, so we'll just have to see! :)

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
It kinda is like a worse version of autosprint (the hack when they have particles below their feet while standing still) you cant sprint sideways or backwards and you need to sprint jump to move at full speed but other than that its pretty much free movement, attacking doesnt slow you down at all. basically you dont have to worry about sprinting at all, its there automatically for you xD However i think this new sprint feature wont be a toggle, it will probably be the typical COD style sprint. Example hold down left ctrl to sprint, the big question is if it will break on hit/collision.

Yeah, if hitting breaks your sprint I'll be satisfied.

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
Easy for you to say, you've used it on the hive and are probably used to it.

Others like myself have never used it and it will take a while to get used to. :/

One thing I agree completely with you is BSM bans, thank god we don't have to go through that anymore. xD

Lol honestly I had never used it until a few months ago when I played on the hive. It was awkward at first, but within the first.. 10 games or so, I was completely used ot it. It was so nice not having lame sprint wobble.

Then a few weeks later I came back to mcsg, and oh god.. hated the double tap so much >_<. It was beyond annoying and I didn't think I would ever get used to it again lol.

All in all, as grave and g33ke stated, I think it will make the fighting much more fast paced. Not just sword fights, but all fighting aspects.

Punchy_01

Experienced
Reaction score
Very hard to say. I agree it would be good because it would now be fair for everyone and the sprint glitch gone sounds amazing. But WW is good for PvP because you need to practice running to be good at games like mcsg. It's hard to say how it would affect the game

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
What BSM implemented into minecraft should do: .
-Remove wobble sprint.
-Make it one button to sprint.
What BSM implemented into minecraft shouldn't do.
-Allow players to sprint whilst hitting other players.
-Sprint never stops.
-Allow players to sprint sideways and backwards.
-Make the fishing rod tactic unusable (though I do think its a little cheap).
-Being able to continuously sprint even when you hit a block.

BlitzCometITU

Diamond
Reaction score
This is a great thing, BSM is the main reason people are falsely banned, (Canz, Pandas, etc.)

vascopasco

Diamond
Reaction score
Well... Then it won't be a hack anymore so maybe that's good news?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci