• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCSG Regional World Cup [Postponed Until Further Notice]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yonder

Tribute
Reaction score
So
Credits: LuthexColbark (Co-Owner of Kithex)

Hello beautiful MCGamers! As you can tell from the title we are hosting an MCSG World Cup in order to celebrate the fact that all regions now have their own hub, plus the World Cup is also being held this year.

How it works:
Each region will have teams representing themselves in a battle to see which region is the best. Once we have all the teams we will have a live draw to see who will be versing who in each region. Both teams will play Minecraft Survival Games on a best 2 out of 3 basis. The winning team will move onto the next round and one step closer to the finals. Once we have the best team from each region, they will battle against each other and only one team will emerge victorious and be crowned the best team in MCGamer. Clan battles within regions will be help in their respective servers. We are still yet to confirm exactly how to finals will work, but we will do our best combat issues related to lag and connection.

The competition won't be held for at least another month as this will take extensive and careful planning to execute. Once the competition does commence it will most likely take a few weeks to complete. The 'group stage' matches will be spread over a week or 2 and the finals over a few days. Read all the messages in the thread as we will be giving updates through the thread.

Prize:
The winning team will be contacted by our committee members receive 50USD (Equivalent to 5 iron donor ranks/optifine capes). These prizes are being sponsored by Kithex.

Roster(As Of 7:46pm 17th January 2013 +8GMT):

Rules:
All basic MCGamer rules apply and can be found here.​

Additional rules include:​
  1. All players are to be present during a match or you will not be allowed to play that match and will result in a forfeit
  2. You may only represent one team​
*Rules are subject to change at any time without any warning or announcement
**Committee Members reserve the right to final decision in case of any dispute

How to apply:
You must have a team of 5.
Have the team leader fill out this form according to your region:
Click Here To Apply Your Team
The team leader will receive an email in a few weeks with further details
Responses can be found here.
Application deadline: 31st January

Committee Members:
KitMencha (Founder)
In charge of the hosts and makes the key decisions on the outcome and the organization of The MCSG World Cup.
Sp3ctrum_Visionz (AS Host)
In charge of the AS Region matches and the planning of the cup
DoubleEss (AU Host)
In charge of the AU Region matches and the planning of the cup
Lively (US Host)
In charge of the US Region matches and the planning of the cup
DracoHD (EU Host)
In charge of the EU Region matches and the planning of the cup
JimmerHD (CA Host)
In charge of the CA Region matches and the planning of the cup
Alpha (Public Relations)
Helps answer questions about the cup
LuthexColbark (Promotions Officer & Co-Owner of Kithex)
Makes the promotional material for the event
Dave (Server Organsier)
Helps us get whitelisted servers on each region for private matches between teams.

If you would like to be a part of the committee or help out PM me or find me on TS. For now this is only open to current MCGamer staff.

By participating in the MCSG World Cup you agree to all the rules stated in this thread and agree to giving our committee members final decision in case of any dispute.
If you have any questions feel free to post in the thread and our committee members will be more than happy to answer your questions. Please also refrain from advertising clans/teams and using unnecessary hashtag phrases.

Hope you are all excited for the event and may the odds be ever in your favor.
The MCSG World Cup was inspired by Alpha 's suggested cup but recreated to accommodate all 5 regions.
Disclaimer: This is NOT an official MCGamer event and does not represent MCGamer in any way. This is purely a community event and our committee accept the responsibility and are liable to any mishaps or punishments put forward by the senior staff. Senior staff members who have concern about this event are more than welcome to talk to any of our committee members or the founder himself.
So I applied my team (Kraft Kids Krew). None of us have any ugly background, we all work really well together, and we have played MCSG for a while. What is the percentage chance that we will be able to compete in the tournament?
Btw, I really like what you are doing here. Keep up the good work! ;)

-Yonder-

Nick

Community Engagement & Mapping Team Representative
Reaction score
So

So I applied my team (Kraft Kids Krew). None of us have any ugly background, we all work really well together, and we have played MCSG for a while. What is the percentage chance that we will be able to compete in the tournament?
Btw, I really like what you are doing here. Keep up the good work! ;)

-Yonder-
Your team has been accepted to participate in the world cup.

Dzbs

Iron
Reaction score
I won't be on from Sunday to alllll next week so I was wondering if #Diamond Blood got accepted. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci