• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCGamer 's Unofficial Pokemon League Gym

Cole

Platinum
Reaction score
is this the yugiohs
No it's de pokemanz

In all seriousness Tony just got me back into Pokemon, im just confused on what versions we can use, I have every version besides HeartGold, SoulSilver and Omega and Ruby. Minus gameboy games.

So what versions are acceptable. I'd prefer X and Y if possible.

And why does every parent pronounce it "Poke-E-Manz" it's not that hard of a word. I might accept "Pok-eman" because it kind of looks like that, but pokemon is the only one that makes sense to me.

READ EDIT FIRST
I re-read it, and would like to know the level your pokemon are at to see if i need to get up to 100 or to like 60, just curious cuz i want to have a fair game where one of us doesnt dominate the other.

Last edited:

TotalDramaTony

District 13
Reaction score
No it's de pokemanz

In all seriousness Tony just got me back into Pokemon, im just confused on what versions we can use, I have every version besides HeartGold, SoulSilver and Omega and Ruby. Minus gameboy games.

So what versions are acceptable. I'd prefer X and Y if possible.

And why does every parent pronounce it "Poke-E-Manz" it's not that hard of a word. I might accept "Pok-eman" because it kind of looks like that, but pokemon is the only one that makes sense to me.

READ EDIT FIRST
I re-read it, and would like to know the level your pokemon are at to see if i need to get up to 100 or to like 60, just curious cuz i want to have a fair game where one of us doesnt dominate the other.
Ayyyyyyyy omg yassss Pokemon fenas!!! I can't wait for new people to come challenge me! X and Y do work , those two are part of the Sixth Generation of Pokemon Games, so they are 100% acceptable. And with the flat rules, all Pokemon above 60 are temporarily dropped to 50, so the best would be anything above or at 50. Just PM me any other questions or details you need, or on teamspeak too!

TheRealAussie

District 13
Reaction score
Rules for Battles:
-Flat Rules used
-Team of 6 Versus Team of 6
-No Special Pokemon, such as Legendary Pokemon. i.e Arceus, Dialga,etc
-Any form of hacking is prohibited and will result in a ban from the Pokemon League
-You may not use moves that would cause both sides to lose the battle such as Perish Song, Explosion or Destiny Bond, if we are both on our last Pokemon.
-Rules are subject to change
As a competitive Pokemon battler (wow that sounds nerdy), I have a couple of problems with these rules:

-No Special Pokemon, such as Legendary Pokemon. i.e Arceus, Dialga,etc
You need to be more specific with this. The term "Legendary" or "Special" Pokemon is very vague, so it would be helpful to create a list of "banned" Pokemon. I would suggest using Smogon's official Ubers tier list to help you making that ban-list. http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/formats/uber/

-Any form of hacking is prohibited and will result in a ban from the Pokemon League
I would suggest revising this rule. It is nearly impossible to determined if a Pokemon is hacked into the game or not.

-You may not use moves that would cause both sides to lose the battle such as Perish Song, Explosion or Destiny Bond, if we are both on our last Pokemon.
Personally, I would tweak this rule. There are a handful of scenarios in which the match could end up in a tie (E.G. Destiny Bond, Explosion, Perish Song, Entry Hazards, Life Orb Recoil, Recoil). In the event that a match does end up in a tie, the Gym Leader (you) is declared the winner. That is how it works with the gym leaders in game, so I think it would make it more realistic if this modified rule was implemented.

As a whole, this sounds like a really fun idea! Feel free to ask me any additional questions. I look forward to a battle in the future :]

TotalDramaTony

District 13
Reaction score
As a competitive Pokemon battler (wow that sounds nerdy), I have a couple of problems with these rules:

You need to be more specific with this. The term "Legendary" or "Special" Pokemon is very vague, so it would be helpful to create a list of "banned" Pokemon. I would suggest using Smogon's official Ubers tier list to help you making that ban-list. http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/formats/uber/

I would suggest revising this rule. It is nearly impossible to determined if a Pokemon is hacked into the game or not.

Personally, I would tweak this rule. There are a handful of scenarios in which the match could end up in a tie (E.G. Destiny Bond, Explosion, Perish Song, Entry Hazards, Life Orb Recoil, Recoil). In the event that a match does end up in a tie, the Gym Leader (you) is declared the winner. That is how it works with the gym leaders in game, so I think it would make it more realistic if this modified rule was implemented.

As a whole, this sounds like a really fun idea! Feel free to ask me any additional questions. I look forward to a battle in the future :]

Oh lord, the critiques are getting me tonight xD I appreciate the feedback! I will work on rewording some things and make this Gym the best in MCGamer :p Thanks for the feedback!

Cole

Platinum
Reaction score
Oh lord, the critiques are getting me tonight xD I appreciate the feedback! I will work on rewording some things and make this Gym the best in MCGamer :p Thanks for the feedback!
YO GYM LEADER TONY. IM ALMOST READY BRUH. PREPARE YESELF

Spitzify

Career
Reaction score
:( I sold my 3DS a while back. I had a really good wifi battle team on Ruby.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci