• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

MCGamer "Dying"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lebron12

Quantum
Reaction score
Figured I would give my two cents. If you look at different reports about how many people are playing Minecraft today it is unreal. More people are playing today then they did when most of us played 4-5 years ago. Yes of course many are not going to stick around but remember. There is a whole lot of kids that were two young to play when we played 4-5 years ago who now play. Again many people won't be playing in a few months but I'm not worried at all about this server "dying". If the right amount of time is put into this server and it can get back to where it used to be I honestly think that it will be fine.

Link to an article showing how many people are playing as of right now monthly.
"While the bulk of the player count number comes from the free-to-play Chinese version."
These numbers are dominated by free to play users and there's no data here which mentions an increase in multiplayer activity.

Search engine trends suggest Minecraft is searched/ played less than it used to be. PvP servers also run off 1.7 and 1.8 which requires people to use an older patch unlike how things were in the past.
Also all you need to do is take a look at Hypixel's player count and spread and it tells the whole story. Hypixel is the worlds largest Minecraft server, and it's success usually correlates to how well or poor multiplayer is doing. Gamemodes like Skywars and Bedwars used to be huge on Hypixel, but are now shells of what they used to be player wise, and the server is completely dominated by Skyblock, a PvE/ building gamemode.

LGBT

Survivor
Reaction score
"While the bulk of the player count number comes from the free-to-play Chinese version."
These numbers are dominated by free to play users and there's no data here which mentions an increase in multiplayer activity.

Search engine trends suggest Minecraft is searched/ played less than it used to be. PvP servers also run off 1.7 and 1.8 which requires people to use an older patch unlike how things were in the past.
Also all you need to do is take a look at Hypixel's player count and spread and it tells the whole story. Hypixel is the worlds largest Minecraft server, and it's success usually correlates to how well or poor multiplayer is doing. Gamemodes like Skywars and Bedwars used to be huge on Hypixel, but are now shells of what they used to be player wise, and the server is completely dominated by Skyblock, a PvE/ building gamemode.
Couldnt have said it better myself. Thank you Lebron

Kraken

Mapping Team Lead
Reaction score
I agree with what Sixey has said. If you do not have the time to properly do your job, hand it off to someone else.
I do. Kezzer does most of the tiering work for that reason. Now you know. Most of my time is spent working on the build server and other admin related jobs. Anything I dont have time to do or can be handed down, I do so.
One thing I'll also mention is that in general, for the most part the kind of person that is capable of doing an admin level role, is also the kind of person that has a career/full time job. You'd be very lucky to find someone with the right experience for a management position that isnt working full time. One of the reasons I was put in this role is because of my management experience in my job....which is full time. If I didn't have that experience (and thus not working, with plenty of MCSG time) I wouldnt be fit for the role. Can you see the issue there?

Last edited:

pixel

Experienced
Reaction score
I can't speak to all of the things that you mentioned, but I CAN speak to this one. First, I want to say that I agree with you! Our community has grown up a lot and we are currently working on new things to help accommodate this. Essentially, the community has grown up, so should we. The rules are developed, maintained, and tweaked by a small council that is well versed in our current rules. This council is currently undergoing a little bit of a restructuring process so that way we are outputting the quality that the community deserves.

On the staffing side of things, we are working on training in such a way that we recognize what I mentioned above, and the actions of our staff should reflect that. In the mean time, if someone feels like the punishment (mute or ban) was egregious or over the top, I highly encourage they contact me.
I'm glad to see some acknowledgement of this going on because, in the span of TWO DAYS, I have witnessed 7+ of my friends get muted on the servers while having absolutely no idea why they were muted because what they actually did was so utterly and completely minuscule. For instance, one of my friends said "facking" in chat and a mod interpreted that as another way to say a different word and therefore a way to bypass the swear filter. So, like it meant almost nothing, the mod muted him without warning. Are you kidding me? Is this a joke? Do you really think that you are improving the overall quality of the servers by doing this and allowing mods to do this?

I sometimes hate being the pessimistic and cynical type, but you have a LOT of work to do.

Hiero

Spectator
Reaction score
If the Minecraft Community is desperate for the "good ole fashion Survival Games" the existing 10,000+ people on the MCSG Discord would be playing.

I addressed the server not being "open" in one of my points. The server is basically open to the public. Anyone can join if they register via Discord. This has been advertised on the Twitter and on Discord multiple times (the two main forms of media). I don't need some randy to explain to me how and what Alpha testing is.

As for the other bugs, you're just very lucky or maybe they were fixed in yesterdays patch, however I encounter these bugs everyday.
Really? I’ve been playing on the server, it really isn’t as bad as your saying. Also, ‘some randy’ really lmfao. Clearly you lack common sense if you think a server that isn’t open to the public, is going to fill up daily. I wouldn’t have joined if my friend didn’t tell me about the whole Alpha login thingy , not because I didn’t want to play Mcsg but because I along with many others done feel like taking the extra step

LGBT

Survivor
Reaction score
Really? I’ve been playing on the server, it really isn’t as bad as your saying. Also, ‘some randy’ really lmfao. Clearly you lack common sense if you think a server that isn’t open to the public, is going to fill up daily. I wouldn’t have joined if my friend didn’t tell me about the whole Alpha login thingy , not because I didn’t want to play Mcsg but because I along with many others done feel like taking the extra step
There are 10,000 + members on the MCGamer. It has been announced COUNTLESS times that you can join the server by completing the verification/sign-up step. If people are as "desperate" as you're saying to play Minecraft Survival Games then something must be wrong. It doesn't make sense that there's such a lack of support at this stage for the server.

As for the server, I'm not saying the gameplay is bad. I'm just saying theres bugs that need to be fixed and need to be fixed quicker than they currently are. Obviously you are not going to encounter every single bug I encountered after playing "4-5" days of MCSG like you said. A patch was released the day of this thread apparently fixing a good portion of bugs. Some bugs that are defintely game-breaking are still on the server though such as:

• Being stuck on blocks and being unable to move
  • Hit's not registering
  • Boats not working at all

As for the you saying I lack "common sense", I'm yet to see you provide any factual evidence or any points disproving my thread besides "pEoPlE dOnT fEeL LiKe TaKiNg ThE eXtRa StEp" and "I hAvEnT eNcOuNtErEd aNy oF tHe BuGs uR tAlKiNg AbOuT"

I'd say judging from the feedback I've received on this thread and in DM's - from community members and high ranking staff members they actually agree with me.

LGBT

Survivor
Reaction score
I'm glad to see some acknowledgement of this going on because, in the span of TWO DAYS, I have witnessed 7+ of my friends get muted on the servers while having absolutely no idea why they were muted because what they actually did was so utterly and completely minuscule. For instance, one of my friends said "facking" in chat and a mod interpreted that as another way to say a different word and therefore a way to bypass the swear filter. So, like it meant almost nothing, the mod muted him without warning. Are you kidding me? Is this a joke? Do you really think that you are improving the overall quality of the servers by doing this and allowing mods to do this?

I sometimes hate being the pessimistic and cynical type, but you have a LOT of work to do.
Yup. This has happened to countless of my friends also - they have been muted and even BANNED for saying such petty things in the chat it's ridiculous. You're a small server at this point MCSG, banning and muting people for such small things is just going to discourage from people playing and has already. I don't think anything said in-game chat should be translatable to a ban. One of my friends was banned for "Threatning a mod" on Discord which was clearly a bad taste of a joke, but somehow he was banned in-game for it? What he said was bad, but shouldn't have been transferred to in-game. We're not 12 years old anymore, you guys really need to lax on the rules and realise people are older and that also people deserve warnings and second chances.

subtato

District 13
Reaction score
And with that said, I'm going to close this discussion from further feedback.

If you have a problem with the particular leadership, I'd suggest you bring it up with Col, otherwise (insofar as I can tell) things are working surely but (yes) slowly. Overall, this is a project that was not anticipated by any of us.. With that comes the fact that we need an income to support our living styles, and unfortunately, the vast majority of the leadership cannot entrust that MCGamer will last until we see proven cash flow. Even then, it's unlikely many team leads will be paid until things are solid and there's a surplus for overall expenses / rainy day fund.

An important quality for leading is being able to delegate tasks out, and as Kraken has pointed out, he is already doing that. If someone runs through this thread and cleans up the poor wording and direct targeting towards individuals, they can reopen it as it was otherwise calm and respectful.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci