• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Map Updates -=2/9/2014=- "Spring Cleaning" Update!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozenarmy

Tribute
Reaction score
Just saying beware the traps in ancient japan.
I guess good to know that all the maps which I didn't know chest routes on are getting removed.
Although I liked wywerns wake :(

Breeze Island 2 was on hive forever.
Why are we adding that :/

J

Joel/MadDawg

Here are my thoughts on all of this map stuff (If my comments have already been said please tell me because I only read the first 7 pages):

Maps being removed: Honestly, I agree with most of these maps. Kharmunrah, Treacherous Heights, Boombeard's Battle, Vida Cova, and Rugged Lands all deserved your "underplayed" title. I personally don't think the quality of these maps are up to the high standards of mcsg anyways. Fortune Island, while more popular, had builds that I don't believe to be very good, so I also think it's fair that it is removed. Wyvern's Wake is the only map being removed that I think is of high-enough quality to stay on mcsg, so I hope Wron and the Map Committee figure stuff out soon. I am suprised that a couple maps weren't removed: Lost Ridge, Fallen Collosi, Destiny's Shiver, Fallen Empire, and Fallen Haven. I think these maps should be removed because of unpopularity, low-quality builds, or the fact that they crash.

Maps being added: These ones suprised me a lot more. Ancient Japan has great builds, but the main thing I remember about it is that it was the only map I would get less than 20 fps on. Also, I have not seen a huge community desire for this map to be re-added, so I am intruiged what brought this map to be re-added. After playing on the Hive I must say Breeze Island 2 is nice, but this suprises me also. After all, when Demon's and Freeze were taken off the servers mcsg said that "there is no need for more than one Breeze" yet they decided to add one?! There was also little community desire for it, so I am again stunned that they decided to add Breeze Island 2. As for Winds of Change, it looks to be a good map and I am interested to see how it plays in comparison to the other water-based maps on mcsg. I honestly thought a a Discovery Works map was going to be added, and I can't help but think they didn't get one accepted because of Wron supposedly not helping the Map Committee fix Wyvern's Wake.

Overall, I feel just as much confused as I feel confident in the Map Committee's decision-making.

UltimateAFS

Diamond
Reaction score
whyverns wake? but whyyyyy?????? ;-;

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

ulthar

Diamond
Reaction score
I love looking at this thread and seeing ancient japan being looked happily upon.
About time

PulseClan

Tribute
Reaction score
As of now TSG 1 will remain on the servers, not sure why the map committee wanted that removed as I did indeed liked that map as well. The other maps are really some maps will be loved, yet we are making room more new amazing maps coming down the pipeline in a bit. Give it time, you will have new favorites soon.
Neighborhood please <3

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
Seems like a lot of people like SG Ancient Japan, but personally I don't like it. It too heavily uses the same block. (It hurts my eyes seeing so much of the same block everywhere) and all the structures look pretty much the same. I do believe they built most of it by hand, which I respect them for, but it honestly looks like they copy pasted 5 different buildings across a quarter of the map and then just rotated and pasted it on the rest. I know a lot of people will disagree with me, but I felt the same way when it was on the servers and I feel the same way now. The likelyhood is that it will get overplayed simply because it has short games.

Tree_TheBigKind

District 13
Reaction score
Seems like a lot of people like SG Ancient Japan, but personally I don't like it. It too heavily uses the same block. (It hurts my eyes seeing so much of the same block everywhere) and all the structures look pretty much the same. I do believe they built most of it by hand, which I respect them for, but it honestly looks like they copy pasted 5 different buildings across a quarter of the map and then just rotated and pasted it on the rest. I know a lot of people will disagree with me, but I felt the same way when it was on the servers and I feel the same way now. The likelyhood is that it will get overplayed simply because it has short games.
I'm not 100% sure here but I'm fairly certain that each quarter of the map is the exact same which would explain the sections of the map looking similar. I think that a quarter of the map was built and then rotated. Again, I could be wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci