• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Map Updates -=2/9/2014=- "Spring Cleaning" Update!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeformedChild

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Noo!! I LOVE Boombeard's battle, Treacherous Heights and Karhmunrah! Please don't remove them! They're underplayed because people like to overplay maps! D: Also, SG Ancient Japan is broken. The pistons by the spawn are broken, just saying. Also glad they're removing Wyverns Wake, I HATE that map. Treacherous Heights was my favorite map. ;-;
As stated, Kharmunrah is being relocated to 48 player servers.

Boombeards battle has OP items, and far too little space for decent gameplay.

Treacherous Heights is just underplayed in general. I haven't ever played it.

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
As stated, Kharmunrah is being relocated to 48 player servers.

Boombeards battle has OP items, and far too little space for decent gameplay.

Treacherous Heights is just underplayed in general. I haven't ever played it.
Moi aussi

byRick

Platinum
Reaction score
Most people say they hate maps for one reason and one reason only - they have awful chest routes. I bet if you had good routes and did research for maps like Wyverns and Fortune you would say otherwise.

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
As a person who rather dislikes fortune island, removing it based on the fact it's underplayed doesn't make much sense. It went up against maps like Avaricia, TSG2, Valleyside, and SG4, and won multiple times. I mean, honestly it's played more than a lot of maps that haven't gotten removed. We give maps like Fallen Empire too many chances, and it's not removed for reasons that are beyond me.
Apparently statistics say that fortune island was underplayed, but yet everyone here doesn't agree with those statistics, you're giving it out to a program that generates statistics over a playerbase, I mean Fortune Island was played more than TSG1, it really was, and yet you're keeping it. In another 8 months I bet we'll be welcoming back Fortune Island just like we are to Ancient Japan because of a petition to bring it back, but really I bet we'll be seeing it back much much sooner.
As for TSG1, it's a part of many maps that need retiering.
There's one tier 2 outside of corn. Under the dragon, a doublechest.
Another map that fell in the category that needed a retiering was Kamunrah.
Seriously, back in the day Kamunrah was played, it's tiering got messed up and now the only tier 2's in the entire map are corn. People play maps based off routes and the reasons why TSG1 and Kamunrah looked underplayed was because of the fact it's tiering got messed up, nobody wants to play a map without Tier 2's.
On topic about maps that need retiering Survival Kingdom is one of them I believe. There are a huge list of maps with messed up tiering and nobody wants to play bigger maps without Tier 2's. It's sad to see maps put up on the chopping block because of the reason being underplayed, but in some cases it's just a bit unfair to screw up the map during an update, never fix it, and then just give it the ax months later for the reason of being underplayed whenever it was a screw up that caused it to be played so little.
Seriously, just spend some time retiering maps that got the tiering messed up and watch them be played more, I know that'd be the case with TSG1.

I know that you say these new maps will fill our hearts just as much as these old ones, but the reasons why some of these old ones got the ax is much beyond me. Although, one of my favorite maps, Treacherous Heights got the Ax it makes a whole lot of sense, it took a lot of work getting people to vote for it, and although it'll be greatly missed, I believe the reasoning behind it's axing is much justified, unlike a few other ones.
Honestly, some of these maps that were removed.. just need re-tiered and they would be more popular. Honesty, any map would become less and less popular if you took away all the t2 chests outside of spawn. I wouldn't play sg4 or breeze nearly as much if they messed up the tier chests on those maps.

Tzazon

Experienced
Reaction score
Honestly, some of these maps that were removed.. just need re-tiered and they would be more popular. Honesty, any map would become less and less popular if you took away all the t2 chests outside of spawn. I wouldn't play sg4 or breeze nearly as much if they messed up the tier chests on those maps.
That is exactly what I'm saying, the maps tiering gets messed up in an update somehow, and they never seem to fix it, and finally the map gets the ax a few months later after never fixing a problem they created. There's a great list of maps that need reteiring.

ztxmd

Survivor
Reaction score
That is exactly what I'm saying, the maps tiering gets messed up in an update somehow, and they never seem to fix it, and finally the map gets the ax a few months later after never fixing a problem they created. There's a great list of maps that need reteiring.
I agree personally i would say avaricia is terrible, its just liked because it used to have lots of teir 2's

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
Absolutely. This is something that probably should be brought up in a mod meeting. Seems like every map goes through this at one point or another. Great maps have died off because of this.

ztxmd

Survivor
Reaction score
Out of curiosity why are you removing Fortune Island and putting in Breeze Island 2? They are extremely similar, and Breeze Island 2 is not as well terraformed and overall built imo.
fortune island isnt even terraformed i dont think, i think its just vanilla because sometimes when it doesnt load you can see cave systems and lava pools at the bottom, however it was a good map

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
As a person who rather dislikes fortune island, removing it based on the fact it's underplayed doesn't make much sense. It went up against maps like Avaricia, TSG2, Valleyside, and SG4, and won multiple times. I mean, honestly it's played more than a lot of maps that haven't gotten removed. We give maps like Fallen Empire too many chances, and it's not removed for reasons that are beyond me.
Apparently statistics say that fortune island was underplayed, but yet everyone here doesn't agree with those statistics, you're giving it out to a program that generates statistics over a playerbase, I mean Fortune Island was played more than TSG1, it really was, and yet you're keeping it. In another 8 months I bet we'll be welcoming back Fortune Island just like we are to Ancient Japan because of a petition to bring it back, but really I bet we'll be seeing it back much much sooner.
As for TSG1, it's a part of many maps that need retiering.
There's one tier 2 outside of corn. Under the dragon, a doublechest.
Another map that fell in the category that needed a retiering was Kamunrah.
Seriously, back in the day Kamunrah was played, it's tiering got messed up and now the only tier 2's in the entire map are corn. People play maps based off routes and the reasons why TSG1 and Kamunrah looked underplayed was because of the fact it's tiering got messed up, nobody wants to play a map without Tier 2's.
On topic about maps that need retiering Survival Kingdom is one of them I believe. There are a huge list of maps with messed up tiering and nobody wants to play bigger maps without Tier 2's. It's sad to see maps put up on the chopping block because of the reason being underplayed, but in some cases it's just a bit unfair to screw up the map during an update, never fix it, and then just give it the ax months later for the reason of being underplayed whenever it was a screw up that caused it to be played so little.
Seriously, just spend some time retiering maps that got the tiering messed up and watch them be played more, I know that'd be the case with TSG1.

I know that you say these new maps will fill our hearts just as much as these old ones, but the reasons why some of these old ones got the ax is much beyond me. Although, one of my favorite maps, Treacherous Heights got the Ax it makes a whole lot of sense, it took a lot of work getting people to vote for it, and although it'll be greatly missed, I believe the reasoning behind it's axing is much justified, unlike a few other ones.
Other maps that need retiering:
Breeze Island (like 3 tier twos...)
TSG2
Valleyside (Like 2 routes, rest is tier ones..)
Moonbase 9 (same problem as Valleyside, pretty much 2 routes and then the rest of the map is tier ones.)

byRick

Platinum
Reaction score
fortune island isnt even terraformed i dont think, i think its just vanilla because sometimes when it doesnt load you can see cave systems and lava pools at the bottom, however it was a good map
Do you know what terra forming is? Obviously not because your map has none

Vinyl

Diamond
Reaction score
Okay help me out here because I'm a tad bit confused. First you say that you "crunched" in the numbers and Fortune Island was "underplayed". You then say that maps such us Destiny/s Shiver and Fallen collosi were "overlooked". So how was the decision that it was underplayed made if it wasn't compared to these other maps?

Also I'd recommend keeping a list of maps somewhere because clearly that's a big issue during these cleanups. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci