• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Map 2 Crashing? Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
I can't even play anymore! It's been 11+ times that my Minecraft crashed not ONLY from Map 2 but the whole server list. (in a matter of 2-3 days) I'm afraid I'm going to have to refrain from playing the survival games until 1.3 (when Minecraft will use less ram) or permanently until I get my new laptop. Sorry but I can't tolerate the crashing anymore. If this has never happened to you or if you have nothing to say then I'm sorry I wasted your time.

Bye bye );

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Ok I give up now! It's been 14 (or more) times that my Minecraft crashed on these servers! I CAN'T TOLERATE IT ANYMORE! IF ANYONE has a legit tutorial on how to add more ram to MC that ACTUALLY works please tell me.

gammarik

Survivor
Reaction score
Hi Mamiamato

What method did you try when allocating RAM to minecraft? Did you enter Java Runtime Environment Control panel, or did you make a .bat file? If you used the JRE Control panel, i can tell you that it didn't work for me either. BUT when i used a .bat file i had no problem.
You can make one by Right clicking your desktop and choose New -> Text document. Call it whatever you want and open it. Inside the file you type:
javaw -Xmx1536m -Xms768m -jar "[path to Minecraft.exe]"
Then go to File -> Save as... And set filetype to "all filetypes", change .txt to .bat and then it should work!
Just run the .bat file instead of the minecraft.exe. That should start Minecraft with 1.5 GB RAM and leave the remaining 1 GB to the system. If you want you can allocate 2 GB by changing it to:
javaw -Xmx2048m -Xms1024m -jar "[path to Minecraft.exe]"
To see if it worked, open a world and hit F3, then look in the top right cornor and see how much RAM is allocated. It won't always be exactly 2048 MB but something more than the default 910 MB
Hope it helped :)
As a little bonus you can add:
"@echo off" (without quotes)
at the top and add your username and password after the "path to minecraft.exe" to make it auto login ;)

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Hi Mamiamato

What method did you try when allocating RAM to minecraft? Did you enter Java Runtime Environment Control panel, or did you make a .bat file? If you used the JRE Control panel, i can tell you that it didn't work for me either. BUT when i used a .bat file i had no problem.
You can make one by Right clicking your desktop and choose New -> Text document. Call it whatever you want and open it. Inside the file you type:
javaw -Xmx1536m -Xms768m -jar "[path to Minecraft.exe]"
Then go to File -> Save as... And set filetype to "all filetypes", change .txt to .bat and then it should work!
Just run the .bat file instead of the minecraft.exe. That should start Minecraft with 1.5 GB RAM and leave the remaining 1 GB to the system. If you want you can allocate 2 GB by changing it to:
javaw -Xmx2048m -Xms1024m -jar "[path to Minecraft.exe]"
To see if it worked, open a world and hit F3, then look in the top right cornor and see how much RAM is allocated. It won't always be exactly 2048 MB but something more than the default 910 MB
Hope it helped :)
As a little bonus you can add:
"@echo off" (without quotes)
at the top and add your username and password after the "path to minecraft.exe" to make it auto login ;)
I think I skrewed up when I put the same number in both.... I'll try again when I come back from a party...
But I tried it before and Minecraft nor the thingy wouldn't open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci