• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Make MCSG better. Not worse. AWARENESS.

xGtZz

Career
Reaction score
Don't really get the part in where you say: "You are allowed to express yourselves and give opinions"
From a experience I had I can easily say this statement isn't even true, If you are allowed to give opinions you're allowed to question the staff's opinion and give your own opinion about the situation. I have done this once, and was told off by dave, he said that a "new rule" was created and that you aren't allowed to argue about the staff's decisions, this indirectly this means you can't give your opinion about the situation.

Last edited:

TheCrazyCookieHD

Platinum
Reaction score
I would talk to Col on TeamSpeak if he would actually reply to me..... 4 months later....

Zaynoxx

Spectator
Reaction score
All the staff on the MCSG servers are trying their hardest to help make MCSG be a fun place to play. What people dont know is how hard it is to do that. First off they have to keep all the plugins maintained as well as all of the servers which is a huge ob in itself. Then comes the hackers which they are trying to diminish, even though they are fighting a losing battle because they are way to many of them to obtain and they keep on growing. Last but not least they also have people DDOSing them to no end and DDOS protection wont do much when there are 100 people DDOSing the MCSG servers at once. Just want people to understand what the staff in the MCSG community actually do for us. It is amazing how much work they put in to make it a fun place to be.

xGtZz

Career
Reaction score
Honestly, the only way this is going to work out, is not to tell people off and hide the truth, and also for the people who have no arguments at all and are just complaining. Not to complain.
The best thing to do is that Dave should think about what people are saying, he shouldn't deny it, he should
try to improve himself and never make the same mistakes again, also if he made a mistake he should correct the mistake himself.

Dave should also try to keep his feelings/emotions apart from his administrative work.
I know Dave's human, but if your emotions affect your administrative decisions, it can lead to more people being mad or disagreeing.

I mean if Dave corrects his mistakes he's made in the past, there's no reason to be mad anymore, right?

I honestly hope you read this and try to do something with it, also all the other comments on this thread, that might not be all as positive, but in my opinion you should be able to do something with those negative comments and try to improve yourself.
This is the only way, both sides are going to be happy.

Last edited:

GreatTice

Diamond
Reaction score
Great video man, I believe that alot of people in the community need to be "corrected" by watching this.

Dave

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Honestly, the only way this is going to work out, is not to tell people off and hide the truth, and also for the people who have no arguments at all and are just complaining. Not to complain.
The best thing to do is that Dave should think about what people are saying, he shouldn't deny it, he should
try to improve himself and never make the same mistakes again, also if he made a mistake he should correct the mistake himself.

Dave should also try to keep his feelings/emotions apart from his administrative work.
I know Dave's human, but if your emotions affect your administrative decisions, it can lead to more people being mad or disagreeing.

I mean if Dave corrects his mistakes he's made in the past, there's no reason to be mad anymore, right?

I honestly hope you read this and try to do something with it, also all the other comments on this thread, that might not be all as positive, but in my opinion you should be able to do something with those negative comments and try to improve yourself.
This is the only way, both sides are going to be happy.
i am trying this and i am always trying this my problems are:
A) no one comes to talk they jump to conclusions and cause a fuss about something they know very little about.
B) everyone is making it out as if im the only one to do something wrong where im not the people that are attacking me are the ones doing things "wrong" i just made mistakes they are taking it to far. Adding to that people might say oh we cant talk to Dave he will loose his temper not true i get annoyed when people plot and hide instead of coming up to me and talking about there issues. Yet again i find my self saying this not one of these people have come sat down and talked to me adding to that the ones that have do not listen they go way just think because i did not tell them what they want to here im wrong and "corrupt".
News flash the community are not always right. My final point to this is THIS IS A GAME who cares who runs it as long as it runs you can play on this server with out ever having to talk to an admin or even mod as long as you follow the rules so people need to stop and think who is actually harming MCGamer the person trying to keep it running and working day and night to bring you cool new games or the people making more work and slowing progress because the admins need to spend hours cleaning up after someone with little to no information trys to get his/her 10 mintues of fame by starting drama.

Last message i would like to remind you of is the admins answer to one person and one person only Chad

xGtZz

Career
Reaction score
A) no one comes to talk they jump to conclusions and cause a fuss about something they know very little about.
B) everyone is making it out as if im the only one to do something wrong where im not the people that are attacking me are the ones doing things "wrong" i just made mistakes they are taking it to far. Adding to that people might say oh we cant talk to Dave he will loose his temper not true i get annoyed when people plot and hide instead of coming up to me and talking about there issues. Yet again i find my self saying this not one of these people have come sat down and talked to me adding to that the ones that have do not listen they go way just think because i did not tell them what they want to here im wrong and "corrupt".
News flash the community are not always right. My final point to this is THIS IS A GAME who cares who runs it as long as it runs you can play on this server with out ever having to talk to an admin or even mod as long as you follow the rules so people need to stop and think who is actually harming MCGamer the person trying to keep it running and working day and night to bring you cool new games or the people making more work and slowing progress because the admins need to spend hours cleaning up after someone with little to no information trys to get his/her 10 mintues of fame by starting drama.

Last message i would like to remind you of is the admins answer to one person and one person only Chad
I get your point, I know there's a bunch of people that don't come up to you and talk to you, the only thing I'm trying to say is, that IF people come up to you, try to do something with it, be reasonable and correct mistakes you have made in the past. I'm just asking you to, I mean there have been so many unfair bans, a couple have been done by you, not all of them of course. I'm pretty sure you know what mistakes and bans I am talking about, and you knew about it of course, and I also think that deep inside you knew that some of them were unfair. I'd just like to remind you that if you go over those bans and evidence, even cause of bans again and reconsider, you might make a lot of people happy.

Dave

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I get your point, I know there's a bunch of people that don't come up to you and talk to you, the only thing I'm trying to say is, that IF people come up to you, try to do something with it, be reasonable and correct mistakes you have made in the past. I'm just asking you to, I mean there have been so many unfair bans, a couple have been done by you, not all of them of course. I'm pretty sure you know what mistakes and bans I am talking about, and you knew about it of course, and I also think that deep inside you knew that some of them were unfair. I'd just like to remind you that if you go over those bans and evidence, even cause of bans again and reconsider, you might make a lot of people happy.
We do do that in ban disputes but how do you know who i have banned just wondering?

Edit: my long message was more of a message to everyone its jsut that i quoted you for the first bit.

xGtZz

Career
Reaction score
We do do that in ban disputes but how do you know who i have banned just wondering?

Edit: my long message was more of a message to everyone its jsut that i quoted you for the first bit.
Well, I have the feeling some ban disputes just get ignored, although there are very, very good reasons to get them unbanned but it just seems like they don't get reconsidered.
Also, yea I don't specifically know who you have "banned" but I do quite a few people you've made the final decision to ban them, in cooperation with others, but you were surely on the "case".

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
As an Administrator, you're not very approachable. It's a mentality thing that Admins are busy. You yourself have said that you're extremely busy almost all the time, and the "Don't Poke," "Don't Move" ranks on TeamSpeak are sort of a deterrent to anyone who would want to contact you. They would have to know when you're busy and when you're not busy, but then again you don't exactly publicize your schedule (for obvious reasons).
One thing that I'm starting to understand more is that everyone is human. I didn't know what your personality was like, at all whatsoever, until I attended a part of a Q&A sort of thing on.. Saturday, I believe. I heard you joking around and having fun, and realized you're not all bad :)

People talk. No one is immune to temptation, not even Moderators. I've known ex-mods who wanted to resign because of bans that they believed were "Complete BS" etc. And sometimes, they actually did. I'm sure we would have mentioned some such controversial bans on this thread and many others, but it's rather a risky thing to do, seeing as MCG has taken steps as far as censoring the shortened name of a certain American city.
And yeah, Moderators do and have talked about "staff-only" matters. It's just not something that can be stopped, only suppressed. Heck, I've even seen videos and pictures of things like the Xime panels and staff-only information (A long time ago, back when I was still involved with clans.)

And this...
Just makes some people discouraged. It sends out a message that says, "Even if you're right, I might not listen to you."
Even if that's not what you're trying to say, that's what it can come across as.

And whenever there are "Staff Q&A" sessions and whatnot to clear up drama, guess what is the biggest issue that is avoided? Bans. We're not allowed to ask questions concerning those. I understand that bans are between the player and the staff, but if you're having a ton of drama because of them, don't you think it should be addressed?
Also, during Staff Q&A sessions, people aren't able to come up and talk one-one-one with you. Yes, they can be given the talking stick and speak for a few moments, but they have to make sure that they don't say anything too critical, because they risk being hated by all the staff members present. No one really wants that, so they have to keep their questions tame. And it's not exactly easy to arrange a face to face talk with you or another Admin, because you're all so busy with your duties, or already doing something with other staff members or friends.

So, a few questions that I have.
- What is the best way to arrange a one-on-one talk with you or another Admin? PMs, emails, pokes, what?
- Is there a general timeframe in which you're not busy?
- Do PMs count as someone coming to talk to you? TS isn't always convenient.
- In a private, closed-doors talk, would someone run the risk of being banned or punished for stating something that might be critical of MCSG, even if it is in a civilized debate? I mean something like a ban with the reason set as, "Approved by Chad", which can be personally taken to mean that you didn't actually have a valid reason, you just wanted the person gone. Hypothetically, of course.
- When you say that it's not true when people assume that you'll lose your temper, does that mean that you are saying you won't lose your temper, or that you probably won't lose your temper, and that the person will just have to wait and see if you actually do? Because people don't exactly like getting yelled at by a stranger.

(And yeah, in case you're wondering, I am trying to think of a way to ask you a few questions in private without getting my rear end handed to me on a silver ban-platter. And no, I'm not trying to offend you, if anything I'm actually trying to be really civil, so please try not to take offense to something that I say.)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci