• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Mac or Windows?

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
Windows is probably the best for gaming.
Not quite.

Windows: Operative System with a wider variety of games, not able to boot OS X as easily as it is to boot Windows on a Macintosh.
OS X: Linux-based, able to Parallels and BootCamp. Perfect looks-wise.

If you BootCamp Windows on your Macintosh, nothing outcasts you from the gaming world. There are a decent amount of Macintosh models that have good specs for gaming. Obviously nothing too crazy, however it depends on the Model obviously. Additionally, a lot of high-demand games are compatible with OS X already! c:

I like Macintosh because of the versatility they have, unlike Windows. Also, they're outstanding as far as look go —I mean, that is something Apple is know for, for having amazing designs.

However, I will give credit to Windows too! Despite the fact that installing OS X isn't as easy as installing Windows on OS X, it is still possible. I find it silly doing that on a PC, but to each its own. Also, PC's have amazing programs like Paint Tool Sai, for free.

I went way off topic :3

TL;DR I think that as far as games variety and other applications, Windows is the winner. But as far the looks go, the interference, and versatility, I think OS X is the winner; and as I already said, most high-demand games are already compatible with OS X. I think both OS's are fine, but I find OS X to be more conventional.

Gunzo

Tribute
Reaction score
Not quite.

Windows: Operative System with a wider variety of games, not able to boot OS X as easily as it is to boot Windows on a Macintosh.

If you BootCamp Windows on your Macintosh, nothing outcasts you from the gaming world. There are a decent amount of Macintosh models that have good specs for gaming. Obviously nothing too crazy, however it depends on the Model obviously. Additionally, a lot of high-demand games are compatible with OS X already! c:

I like Macintosh because of the versatility they have, unlike Windows. Also, they're outstanding as far as look go —I mean, that is something Apple is know for, for having amazing designs.

However, I will give credit to Windows too! Despite the fact that installing OS X isn't as easy as installing Windows on OS X, it is still possible. I find it silly doing that on a PC, but to each its own. Also, PC's have amazing programs like Paint Tool Sai, for free.

TL;DR I think that as far as games variety and other applications, Windows is the winner. But as far the looks go, the interference, and versatility, I think OS X is the winner; and as I already said, most high-demand games are already compatible with OS X. I think both OS's are fine, but I find OS X to be more conventional.
yeah definitely the versatility and sleek look, interface and program look (like desktop inside the look of apps etc) are better but by far windows can be custom allowing them to enhance computer speed and options beyond minecraft too and beyond mac levels

Dejay

Diamond
Reaction score
Not quite.

Although you can load boot camp and all that stuff it requires more work and more money. Buying a windows in the first place is better in my opinion. If you are willing to pay that much extra for looks then by all means go for it ! If you are not however Windows is a better option ( if you are lazy liek me)

H

Holiday

Ok. Tomorrow I'm going to check the specs, and run minecraft to see if it gets decent fps. And HolidayResort do you record on your mac?
I generally record on my Mac since I get 60-70 FPS while recording, so it's not the best. I don't exactly "make videos," but it's enough to handle quick videos (such as hacker videos :p).

Eskild

Quantum
Reaction score
Ok. Tomorrow I'm going to check the specs, and run minecraft to see if it gets decent fps. And HolidayResort do you record on your mac?
MacBook Air is terrible for gaming. I used it for about half a year, with constant 10-20 fps lowest settings.

Windows is best, imo

Mirko

Quantum
Reaction score
I played on my dad's iMac for 2 years (max. 120 fps with optifine), 3 days ago I bought a computer for the school with a GeForce GT645 (one of the worst) and I do 400+ fps with optifine.

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
Your operating system has little to do with the FPS you get. It is the other specs that count. I mean, you could have this thing with Windows and it would lag like crazy:

Or, even if that was a mac, it would fail miserably. Either way, I pick Windows. It's more organized.

Stephanie

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I personally like the look of the macs better than windows(Windows 8 ruined it for me). I got my Mac book pro 13" with retina display almost two years and still haven't had a problem with it. It can run anywheres between 60-110fps on minecraft, sometimes higher.

But seriously it all depends on what you like, and which computer runs better for your needs currently.

NyanCaatt

District 13
Reaction score
Personally, I got a Macbook Pro 750GB 2.9 ghz or something and like it was really good
but then my dad broke it
then he got me a new one
we bought the same laptop but they give me the crappy version of it

I got like 60-150 FPS playing minecraft.
Macs are cool too, but you can't get all the games you want so depending on what you want to use it for depends on what you give him.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci