• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Letting out some frustration...

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Bragging that you killed someone by targeting is dumb. It makes me almost angry inside. It's like bragging about punching the smallest kid in school as the biggest kid. You don't get respect from people that know what happened; you get disrespect from who you killed and others. Kill someone in a real 1v1, then you can feel accomplished. I'm not going to lie I've been excited about killing people; but I always tell the truth about my kill. I've killed G33ke before, but it was when he was weakened and I shot him as I knew I'd have little chance to win later. It's nothing to brag about, just a nice story. People that target just don't know how it is to be targeted.

Porkstorm

District 13
Reaction score
I m a pretty sore loser when I get targeted so whenever I see some one that targeted me I fist them of f spawn :p

ManOfTheBread

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Every post that has the standards of being a "g33ke post" completely sums up everything that has been going through my mind lately (about MCSG of course). Thanks to those who basically said what I was meaning to say, because now I don't have to say it.

Edit:
You may laugh when I say this but I feel like SG has a "Call of Duty" feel to it. We all know that in Call of Duty, everyone views quickscoping as "cool" or "pro". Here at MCSG, it seems like that only the fishing rod replaces the "quickscoping" Most people I see that use the fishing rod don't actually use it to their advantage. They think they are but in reality they are just annoying their enemies by constantly dealing some knockback.
This the most true/relatable paragraph I have read, in my entire 1 1/3 years here at MCSG.

TotallyIsSimo

Diamond
Reaction score
Remember - ALWAYS HAVE FUN.

Buy an Alt, if you just wanna play peacefully! :D

P.S: This is coming from a Fishing Rod Tactic user... >.>

Reaction score
G33ke, I understand your post, and I agree with you. I just want to suggest to not refer to everyone as "you guys". It makes it seem like you're blaming anyone who is reading the post (which I assume you're not doing).

The staff is underappreciated. But I feel like there are more folks who appreciate them than dislike them. People tend to remember threads about "MCSG Needs To Improve...", "Bad Encounter with Staff...", etc. But I'm sure you get at least some praise. It's just not as impacting.

I realize my post was off topic. Sorry about that. And also, sorry if I offended anyone. It wasn't my intention if I did.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
How about they get rid of all fishing rods and flint and steel? People will be forced to use only swords and bows...

ProShooterBF

Career
Reaction score
When I look at some of the replies to this thread, it seems as if people who use strategy and the tools that they have to their advantage in-game are the problem. I've played since early June of 2012, and to be honest, I saw quite a bit of strategy from some of the better PvPers last year. I recall SixZo using FnS and 180 bow shots multiple times. I recall Zeejayy using those bow turnarounds quite a bit. The thing is, strategy has always been used. It may be used a bit more now, but there's nothing wrong with that.

And to the well-known people thinking people try harder when fighting against you, of course they do. This is natural. People recognize you, and want to defeat you for recognition/bragging rights. The GG thing happens to everyone. Not just the famous/well known people who seem to think that it doesn't.

jonnysurvives

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I might regret doing this for some unreasonable reason...
I don't think you can't get too mad about people playing defensively and using their secondaries to the fullest. Yes it's frustrating but you can't expect people to risk death needlessly by taking on one of MCSG's best pvp'ers in his strong suit. That would be dumb. For players like me who have terrible latency, melee is a liability you'd rather avoid. I'm not terrible but I only win sword fights where I strafe my opponent hard, which isn't always going to happen. It's easy to call melee 'true pvp' and devalue other weapons when you have great ping (not saying that ping is more important than skill, it just has a significant bearing). That said, on Avaricia, the map you were playing in the example, the flat, circular shape lends itself to a lot of running which can get very boring.

As for your point about everyone using fishing rods and few of them doing it effectively, you can't be fishing rod masters straight away without practising, and doing so doesn't make you a wannabe G33ke in my opinion.

Aside from those two points I agree with you.

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
I don't think you can't get too mad about people playing defensively and using their secondaries to the fullest. Yes it's frustrating but you can't expect people to risk death needlessly by taking on one of MCSG's best pvp'ers in his strong suit. That would be dumb. For players like me who have terrible latency, melee is a liability you'd rather avoid. I'm not terrible but I only win sword fights where I strafe my opponent hard, which isn't always going to happen. It's easy to call melee 'true pvp' and devalue other weapons when you have great ping (not saying that ping is more important than skill, it just has a significant bearing). That said, on Avaricia, the map you were playing in the example, the flat, circular shape lends itself to a lot of running which can get very boring.

As for your point about everyone using fishing rods and few of them doing it effectively, you can't be fishing rod masters straight away without practising, and doing so doesn't make you a wannabe G33ke in my opinion.

Aside from those two points I agree with you.
Never said you couldn't. Alongside this, I am not really complaining about the the use of other tools, but merely the ending to it: The "GG".

mikag35

Gold
Reaction score
Blamph must be an alt. forums account of G33ke, after reading that post.
Anyways, I would be like, "omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg" if I killed you lol.
But I feel your pain about that, minus the getting targeted part.

illumina1337

Diamond
Reaction score
Never said you couldn't. Alongside this, I am not really complaining about the the use of other tools, but merely the ending to it: The "GG".
What's wrong with people saying "GG". When people say that, it makes my day. At least their not like the people who go like "Hahahha noob i beat you lololol". When people say GG it makes me feel happy. Unless if people say "GG Noob" then I see where you're coming from.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci