• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Let's talk emotion: Nostalgia

OhFancy

District 13
Reaction score
Nostalgia, man. It’s crazy to think I’ve nearly dedicated a whole decade of my life to this server. All the friendships, all the memories. Crazy.

Blake43215

Some guy
Reaction score
There were a number of times in the past that my friends and I reminisced about the days back on mcsg. Running around SG1 trying to find enough gold to craft a block, dueling one another in turns after we cleaned a server on Breeze Island, most of all was trying to remember the names of all the clan members who went their separate ways. A few of them reached out back then, and I'm finally seeing more active these past few days. It's really exciting to think that maybe one of these days we could all reunite. I'm talking to you Spike, Zor, Pugs, Dudezzzzz, Dognitro, Henry, Trollz, Billy, and Nick, (Even you alex/Jonah). Lets bring it back, #ButterBlocksCrew

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
If I ever get the time in the future I'm going to make a mod for Minecraft that does nothing except turn the game back to how we all used to play it.

No sprint button. Brightness set to moody. Low FOV. Music turned all the way up. No texturepack.

I am then going to host MCSG Maker games on SG1, only t1, mob spawns enabled. Now that is old-school.

TwistedRain

Platinum
Reaction score
I started playing MCGamer in 2013 and it definitely played a part in who I am today to be honest if MCSG never existed I probably wouldn't have bought Minecraft in the first place only the best memories have been made here for me.

TwistedRain

Platinum
Reaction score
It took me six months to win my first game playing on this super old Toshiba laptop that got like 2 frames per second, I never thought I’d miss those first six months so much
I don't even remember how long it took to get my first win playing on an old lenovo laptop with a trackpad I didn't start using a mouse until many months after.

TwistedRain

Platinum
Reaction score
Honestly if not for MCSG existing I probably wouldn't have even gotten into PC gaming at all.

Decemberr

VIP (;
Reaction score
Well, oof. I knew about MCSG before joining the community or purchasing a Minecraft account as my late best friend was fascinated by an odd variety of things in the world and knew of its presence. I joined the community at a very rough time in my life and met quite a few people that helped put me back together, so to speak... and I met subtato. I can, without a doubt, say that I'd be absolutely frickin' lost if I'd never joined this community and met this goofball... Not to mention, Ava, who is a great friend when you need her to be and always has a good jfish available. There are plenty of others, but that's the highlight.

With nostalgia, here's the long version:
These forums bring back memories of a subtle flirt on a mod app and silly jokes about it. The random profile posts and replies joking about my future engagement/wedding. The DMs from caring friends. The many posts and DMs surrounding my time as a moderator, including those that left supportive comments and helped bring positivity. I also can't forget the times leading up to the end with angry posts, betrayal, and more.

The game servers remind me of my first few games. I met a pair of players that were kind and helped me understand the game. As time went on, I became friends with more players and got used to the lobbies and, eventually, the hubs. The nooks, etc. I remember secret places and stupid builds with sub that I will always cherish. I remember the staff room in the old hub. I remember blowing up one of the hubs once, just for fun. I remember when the trampoline was so popular that we got everyone in the hub on it. I remember learning new maps and existing ones with mapmaker friends and feeling dumb in regards to certain things. I remember being horrible at PVP (and still being horrible). I remember the first time I connected to the server with my half-rainbow name.

TeamSpeak. Google Hangouts. Kik. Open Mic Night.

So many things come up when you bring up Nostalgia with this network. I could go on for days and fill this thread to the brim, honestly. Yes, MCGamer Network has its flaws and always will. However, I will always be grateful for these memories, good and bad, and I look forward to seeing what lies ahead.

MiCr2

District 13
Reaction score
Oh man, I'm glad I randomly visited this site and saw that it was back again

Have so many good memories, a few months after MCSG (MCGamer) started, I became moderator, the fun we had back then....admins sleeping while on teamspeak and snoring to forums getting attacked with Uggs adverts, made some good friends here

Good times...Glad to be back

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci