• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Let's talk emotion: Nostalgia

M9i8n2e3r

Spectator
Reaction score
Good evening/afternoon/morning to you!

Now that we are back and swinging, I thought it would be nice if we start fresh in terms of understanding ourselves and our community. Because of this, I thought I would develop a gradual series of threads that span overtime where we will discuss different emotions. But to be more particular on the discussions, I'd say it'd be nice to discuss more about how we feel about them, and what our experiences were with this.

Now, as we can obviously understand, there is no better way to start talking about emotions and feelings in a re-birthed community other than discussing NOSTALGIA!

My personal experiences with nostalgia really varied. I'm sure we can all agree that our feelings about MCGamer's return is clear, the nostalgia and the feeling of childlike warmth and joy from just seeing Chad's first tweet on twitter after 4 years, to typing your first letters on the forums really brings us goosebumps, tears begging to run down your cheeks or simply a huge smile.

But I thought of trying to approach my feelings of nostalgia a little differently, and give you a more personal experience, which is my moving to the UK for university. I can only give you one word to describe my journey there.

Intense.

Reflecting back on my journey here, I realize that there was a lot more I would've wanted to do to get in touch with my culture, which was already weak enough as it is because I was educated outside my home country, Cyprus.
But then again, it gave me the opportunity to meet new people and explore new places, and only had the memories of home in my heart. But after meeting new friends who came from the same background as me reminded me how important it was to stay close to my roots. It inspired me to speak Greek more, to learn more about my own culture, and to always stay in touch with family and loved ones. It made me feel whole again. I'm sure that some may agree that when moving to a whole new world, there's an empty feeling, like you're abandoning something.

Which leads me to my opinion on nostalgia. It's necessary for us. I believe that nostalgia is crucial in reminding us where we come from and how we all started our journey. Because it also inspires us to stay close to our roots while building ourselves to do something great with our lives.

What are your thoughts on it? What is your perspective?

~ Dennis.

Reaction score
Nothing but love for this community, the memorable moments spent on this website and in-game are just paramount to my childhood.

Remy2402

Experienced
Reaction score
The way the server closed was not what the community deserved or what the network deserved. It didn’t give anyone closure and I was really afraid after 3 years that maybe MCGamer had seen its last days and the book was closed.

I’m so incredibly glad another chapter has opened and we all get another opportunity to play this great game and look back on the memories. We have to make sure we embrace the younger and new players as well. The OGs aren’t going to be minecraft players forever and these newbies are the future.

chanman20

Tribute
Reaction score
im so happy its back again, i quit playing for a few months and came back to it closed.. I always thought the game was doing well but guess it wasn't near the end. Anyway im pumped lol can't wait to win some games and play some amazing maps again!!!!!!

Gizm

Spectator
Reaction score
I think people view nostalgia as an emotion that comes and goes particularly if your sad with your current situation whatever that might be, but for me nostalgia is everywhere. It's walking down the same road you've walked on your entire life, it's remembering the origin of everything you have memories or physical objects, I'm not philosophy lecturer but yeah...boy do I spend of a lot of time thinking about the past :blueeye:

which is my moving to the UK for university
That's gotta be pretty damn nauseating, I'm going to uni in a different city in the UK but even the thought of that makes me wanna throw up, but the world is your oyster so building familiarity I think is what helps that problem!

M9i8n2e3r

Spectator
Reaction score
I think people view nostalgia as an emotion that comes and goes particularly if your sad with your current situation whatever that might be, but for me nostalgia is everywhere. It's walking down the same road you've walked on your entire life, it's remembering the origin of everything you have memories or physical objects, I'm not philosophy lecturer but yeah...boy do I spend of a lot of time thinking about the past :blueeye:

That's gotta be pretty damn nauseating, I'm going to uni in a different city in the UK but even the thought of that makes me wanna throw up, but the world is your oyster so building familiarity I think is what helps that problem!

It's honestly frightening in the first few weeks or so, because you're only just getting used to new surroundings and you can never know what to expect, especially since there is such a huge difference of cultures in different regions of the UK.
But it always gets better, and once you get the hang of it, there's always so much more to look forward to! :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci