• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Lack of Actual Chests

Agree?

• Yuppers

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Nuppers

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I like to store snacks in my belly button

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
As has been posted before, this is a bug with Tier 2s. We aren't deliberately removing chests in the Chest Update, especially on maps such as Breeze (which have ~75-some total chests), so do not form your opinion on the update due to that. Some chests have been removed, however, which is due to map updates which should have been pushed a long time ago, but never was.

EDIT: The previous version of my post said "some maps have been removed"; I meant to say "some chests have been removed". No maps have been removed.

Last edited:

FuSioN

Diamond
Reaction score
As has been posted before, this is a bug with Tier 2s. We aren't deliberately removing chests in the Chest Update, especially on maps such as Breeze (which have ~75-some total chests), so do not form your opinion on the update due to that. Some maps have been removed, however, which is due to map updates which should have been pushed a long time ago, but never was.
I'm still not sure whether this was a glitch or intentional, but either way it needs to be fixed.

Other than that, I like the chest update :)
:)

RathaYatra

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
If breeze island is actually suppose to have no chests... Im done yo

ManOfTheBread

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'm just going to try and steer this thread back onto the topic of the chest update, and try to provide a different opinion to this discussion. I have only played a few games, and as a person who prefers Hunger games over speedy survival games, I do very much like what I'm seeing from the chest update so far. As for the chests missing I actually kind of like that. I think it's time SG 4 needs a switch up. Honestly I'm quite bored of running the same chest route for the past 7 months and I'm very much excited for a new challenge. Although I do think that some of the missing chests really shouldn't be missing, but generally I'm okay with it.

I actually like the useless stuff, and I have a theory for how this will play out. The stuff in chests may be useless now since the general population of this community and majority of the forums are new (v2 or later), they are most likely used to finding everything they need to win in 1 chest and not being challenged to get full iron before refill; however once we all adjust to the chest update, we will find that we may need to use the string in order to craft a bow which we could not find in every chest. Or maybe use the bones to craft bonemeal to put on our leather armor in order to be more intimidating if we are low from a previous fight and do not have food.

I may be slightly biased towards the update since I am a v1 player, and my pvp glory days came in v1. Although I try to look at MCSG like this: "The minecraft Survival Games is a minecraft gamemode inspired by the popular best seller The Hunger Games. MCSG is a test of survival skill and pvp abilities, and challenges users to fight for food and most importantly, survival." That's the MCSG that I have known to love, and that's why I like this update.

FuSioN

Diamond
Reaction score
I'm just going to try and steer this thread back onto the topic of the chest update, and try to provide a different opinion to this discussion. I have only played a few games, and as a person who prefers Hunger games over speedy survival games, I do very much like what I'm seeing from the chest update so far. As for the chests missing I actually kind of like that. I think it's time SG 4 needs a switch up. Honestly I'm quite bored of running the same chest route for the past 7 months and I'm very much excited for a new challenge. Although I do think that some of the missing chests really shouldn't be missing, but generally I'm okay with it.

I actually like the useless stuff, and I have a theory for how this will play out. The stuff in chests may be useless now since the general population of this community and majority of the forums are new (v2 or later), they are most likely used to finding everything they need to win in 1 chest and not being challenged to get full iron before refill; however once we all adjust to the chest update, we will find that we may need to use the string in order to craft a bow which we could not find in every chest. Or maybe use the bones to craft bonemeal to put on our leather armor in order to be more intimidating if we are low from a previous fight and do not have food.

I may be slightly biased towards the update since I am a v1 player, and I my pvp glory days came in v1. Although I try to look at MCSG like this: "The minecraft Survival Games is a minecraft gamemode inspired by the popular best seller The Hunger Games. MCSG is a test of survival skill and pvp abilities, and challenges users to fight for food and most importantly, survival." That's the MCSG that I have known to love, and that's why I like this update.
I am a V1 player as well and I love the chest update, but some of the actual chests that were removed shouldn't have been.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci